Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Please God no!!!!!!!

I love the roles Keanu gets ( he has a great agent, I bet) and I heard he is a really nice guy but he is a horrible actor. He is the same in damn near every role he plays and his charisma is damn near 0. Don't get it twisted he has been in some movies I like but it is rarely because of his acting. Lol. Maybe if he has a small part or a role where he is quiet and or looks confused he can thrive. Lmao.
I can understand the complaints. He doesnt have a whole lot of range for sure haha and the times where he does try to do something besides being himself, it turns out horribly. I can't remember the name of the movie, but I was watching a podcast and they brought up keanu and showed clips from this movie where keanu played some dude in the old days and had an English accent and he just couldnt pull it off at all. This was back in his early career.

I dont know much about the eternals but I'm sure someone in that group of characters would be a good fit for Keanu. I think playing mark spector/moon knight would require a good amount of range that Keanu may or may not have.

Why is this so hard for them to do?
Merchandising.

The way the marvel Sony deal works is marvel gets the rights to the character to produce the film with a little bit of input from sony and Sony finances the film. Sony collects 100% of the movie box office returns, marvel studios collects 100% of the merchandising sales. Everything from toys, board games, posters, etc. Venom was a great success for sony despite comicbook fans not being in love with the movie, if they were to work out a deal for marvel to produce a spiderman/venom film a very similar deal would probably have to take place and a crossover like that has huge merchandise potential and they just don't want to give that up I'm sure.

If they can work out spidey coming to the mcu I'm sure they can work out some sort of venom/spidey deal that might not at all be like what they currently have for spiderman. Venom/spidey would be an automatic win for both sides imo. They should just do everything 50/50 from financing the film to collecting returns. It wouldn't be as much of a return as if either studio was the sole producer, but it would cost them both a lot less money and a lot of return for such little cost.

Big companies are assholes, man.

Why is this so hard for them to do?

They will mishandle tf outta the character without Kevin feige and everyone knows it. Worst case he knows he already ran it back better than anyone else so he probably doesn't give af.

He's low key telling them make another hov.

He's not about to help them with venom without turning the tables heavily.

Unless they just let mcu handle venom from here on out

They won't because of the box office success that venom had. I think feige is moving with the notion that they will revert to the norm with spidey and fuck it up. He sounds non committal af and not about to attach himself to that bullshit. End of the day he took spiderman at a big moment in mcu phasing and did the damn thing.

With the mcu stable getting bigger and better I doubt he's going to kill himself or mcu trying to make sure Sony gets right.

They take Soidey back I hope Tom Holland stays faithful to Kevin and them and doesn’t do the movies just move on. Let Sony fuck them up. Sony should just let mcu use all the properties and just sit back and get paid but that’s just wishful thinking

They take Soidey back I hope Tom Holland stays faithful to Kevin and them and doesn’t do the movies just move on. Let Sony fuck them up. Sony should just let mcu use all the properties and just sit back and get paid but that’s just wishful thinking

After venom and into the spiderverse they gotta be feeling themselves. As far as animated they seem to have the formula but venom was garbage to me. I can't see them getting Tom Holland's spiderman right with zero input from feige and marvel.

Feige dead ass willing to let that shit burn lmao.

You must be unfamiliar with Batman's relationships with the Robins to make that comparison.

Word.....
tenor.gif

Batman created child soldiers to fight his self imposed war on crime and corruption in a whole city.

He showed them little to no affection.

Back