Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sex Offenders To Be Castrated In Alabama

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Washington (CNN)Some sex offenders in Alabama would be ordered to pay for chemical castration as a condition of parole if Gov. Kay Ivey approves a bill recently passed by the state legislature.

Lori Jhons, a spokesperson for Ivey, a Republican, said on Wednesday morning the bill remained "in the review process."
Both houses of the Alabama legislature approved the bill late last month in an effort that would see the state joining the ranks of those with the procedure on the books.
The bill, put forward by state GOP Rep. Steve Hurst, would require someone "convicted of a sex offense involving a person under the age of 13" to begin chemical castration treatment at least a month ahead of release from custody and continue to receive treatment "until the court determines the treatment is no longer necessary." It said further that offenders must pay for the treatment, but that they could not be denied parole "solely" based on an inability to pay.

Hurst told CNN on Wednesday morning he did not accept criticism that such a measure was "inhumane," asking "what's more inhumane" than child molestation.
The bill defines chemical castration as "the receiving of medication, including, but not limited to, medroxyprogesterone acetate treatment or its chemical equivalent, that, among other things, reduces, inhibits, or blocks the production of testosterone, hormones, or other chemicals in a person's body."
According to the bill, if a given offender chooses not to continue receiving the treatment, they will be in violation of parole and forced to return to custody.
The use of chemical castration has been controversial internationally, and several states have versions of chemical castration in their laws.

yeah....shits gotta be DNA certified

no line ups, eye witness, his cell phone was in the area, none of that bullshit

Maybe they should try actually arresting, convicting and jailing these rapists and pedos first.
I dont think gov will castrate someone unless they're convicted of a crime first. sounds more like a punitive action to me

should have been doing this

ONE thing tho.....and I have no idea what kinda criteria they can put on it

but the case needs to be definite...like zero doubt...before they do that somebody

cuz boy if they get it wrong smh

Lol 20% gonna be found wrong

too bad 5grand didnt live in Alabama at the time of his....you know

As much as I agree with rapists being castrated I'm not sure if it should be state sanctioned. That's a setting a HUGE precedent

Back