Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News 12 Dead in shooting at VA Beach municipal center

Hater Hearst Helmsley

I AM THE GAME
Twelve people are dead, including the suspected gunman, after a shooting occurred at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center on Friday afternoon, according to police.

Six additional victims were taken to the hospital with injuries, Virginia Beach Police Chief James Cervera told reporters during a press conference Friday evening. An emergency services spokesperson would not comment on the condition of the injured victims.

One of the injured victims is a Virginia Beach Police officer who was saved by his bulletproof vest, Cervera said.

virginia-beach-shooting-scene-02-ap-jef-190531_hpEmbed_3x2_608.jpg

PHOTO: An ambulance turns on Nimmo Parkway following a shooting at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center, May 31, 2019, in Virginia Beach, Va. (Kaitlin Mckeown/The Virginian-Pilot via AP)
The suspect, who was a current employee at the Municipal Center, walked into the building at around 4 p.m. and began to "indiscriminately fire upon all the victims," Cervera said.

Responding officers then entered the building and secured as many victims as they could, Cervera said. The suspect engaged the officers, who returned fire, striking and killing him, Cervera said.

(MORE: 1 student dead, 8 injured in Colorado school shooting, authorities say)

The shooting occurred on multiple floors, Cervera said. The suspect has not yet been identified.

Six victims were transported to Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital and at least one was admitted to its Level I Trauma Center, according to Dale Gauding, senior communications advisor for brand engagement at Sentara Healthcare.

Virginia Beach PD@VBPD
https://twitter.com/VBPD/status/1134563162383106049

ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION-municipal center, building 2. Multiple injuries. At this time it is believed that only 1 shooter, and they have been taken into custody. More to follow

4:51 PM - May 31, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,533 people are talking about this

Officials are in the process of identifying the victims, Cervara said.

Virginia Beach Mayor Bobby Dyer said Friday was "the most devastating day in the history of Virginia Beach."

(MORE: The 11 mass deadly school shootings that happened since Columbine)

Authorities are asking people to avoid the Municipal Center area. The scene is now secure but it is still active, Cervera said.

virginia-beach-ht-01-jpo-190531_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

PHOTO:Virginia Beach Police respond to reports of an active shooter, May 31, 2019. (WTKR)
The FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and Virginia State Police are assisting in the investigation.

Cervera described the shooting as a "devastating incident" that "will change a lot of lives."

ABC News' Alexander Mallin contributed to this report.

Yes,
I care only about my people.
You can go ahead and care about other who don't care about you ..

But now that you think of it...we don't care about us..

Shit I don't care either way.

Don’t you pay taxes in a white country?

People died today
So.
I don't see anyone caring for a black man shot in the streets by cops if it's not recorded.

I been tired of the higher road.
Being the better person.

So i only care about mine somewhat.
Sorry but it didn't hit close to home for me. So I don't really care.
Kids, elderly and black people.
Those that people tend to overlook will get my sympathy.

Back