Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kelis Pleads Not Guilty To 20 Counts For Violating Custody Deal With Nas

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
Kelis is headed to trial with Nas after denying she violated their custody deal by taking the kid out of the country.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Kelis entered a plea on Thursday of not guilty to 20 counts of contempt. A trial has been scheduled for June 20, where Kelis could be sentenced to fines or, in extreme cases, jail time.

Back in January, Nas filed court documents in his never-ending custody and support battle with the “Milkshake” singer over their 9-year-old son, Knight.

Nas wanted Kelis to be found in contempt and claimed she has violated their custody agreement 17 times since January 2018.

In his affidavit for contempt, the rapper explained he had an agreement with Kelis — she would have custody on Christmas and he would have custody on New Year’s Eve.

He claimed, “In or around December of 2018, Petitioner (Kelis) moved to Cartagena, Colombia and took the minor child without my consent.”

Nas said Kelis told him she intends to stay in Colombia and planned to tend to a farm with her husband, who she claims is Colombian.

He wrote, “On Christmas, Petitioner informed me by text message that although her ‘plan’ had been to bring the minor child back to me in Los Angeles for New Year’s, the plan had changed. She then stated that the new plan was to come back on January 4, 2019.”

He claimed Kelis did not return to L.A. on January 4 but instead made him wait until January 14 before bringing the child back into the U.S. Nas also said he was unable to reach or speak with his child during the time he was in Colombia.

Nas accused Kelis of willfully violating the custody order and refusing to allow him to see his son. He also claimed Kelis refused to pay $8k in sanctions she was ordered to pay previously.

hilarious but fucked up....she tryna win wackiest babymama award out here

"im on a farm....in Colombia" smh

giphy.gif

I know that nigga heart dropped to his AF1's

I bout died and my baby was just a state away smh.....I hope it works out for him

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and fuck violating a custody order.

Nigga would be brought up on all kinds of kidnapping charges and whatever else they could throw at him.

lol by the time it hit the news, the nigga was tryna sell the kid to fix a gambling debt and he's got priors for weed

Back