Welcome To aBlackWeb

Authenticity In Hip Hop

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
This is a 2 part question.

I was watching the Budden Podcast and they were talking about 69 snitching and not serving any jail time and the possibility of him being released and continuing to drop music and if it will still do numbers or not.

Rory was the only one to think he could still be successful in music after this and I agree. I think niggas like Akademiks will continue to push his music (he just dropped a new song featuring 69 a week ago) and these lil kids will love it. Everybody else on the show disagreed.

My questions:

1. Do you think Tekashi will still be successful in music after he's released?

2. What was the first occurrence of a rapper having his street cred card pulled/ghostwriting allegations/etc and the public continued to fuck with him? Rick Ross? , do you think we (hip hop community) fucked up when we did that?

Podcast:

interesting topic

I'll speak for Ross

Even the "realest" rappers have a persona. Some are better at managing it better than others, but an overwhelming majority of rappers have duel identities.

Even without the CO thing, the fact you had Ross in the Trina video years prior made you question how all of a sudden, he was this "Boss". I think had he come out initially and not tried to lie about it wouldn't have made it so bad, however, even if he says he was a CO, and that he "helped move contraband in" or something like that, then that just opens him up to further criticism.

Ross kept making music. Not only did he continue to make music, the shit was dope af and at one time was dropping a few projects a year. If the music sucked, then we probably never hear of him again.

69 not interesting enough to come out of this unscathed

1. No. He rapped about that life and then he snitched. He's going to get the cold shoulder from industry insiders. Also, he'll probably be on parole, and under the conditions of his parole, or the fact that he's a felon, he won't be able to do drugs. Drug dealers won't sell to him.

2. Vanilla Ice claimed to be from the hood, but when he was outed his career came to an abrupt halt. But I can't think of anybody that rapped about that life that got their card pulled. Ross might be a first.

interesting topic

I'll speak for Ross

Even the "realest" rappers have a persona. Some are better at managing it better than others, but an overwhelming majority of rappers have duel identities.

Even without the CO thing, the fact you had Ross in the Trina video years prior made you question how all of a sudden, he was this "Boss". I think had he come out initially and not tried to lie about it wouldn't have made it so bad, however, even if he says he was a CO, and that he "helped move contraband in" or something like that, then that just opens him up to further criticism.

Ross kept making music. Not only did he continue to make music, the shit was dope af and at one time was dropping a few projects a year. If the music sucked, then we probably never hear of him again.

Yeah Ross's music is amazing. Those Maybach songs are like classical.

1. He's got the white kids on lock, they don't care about none of that street shit

2. Eh, it's entertainment, I don't expect most people in that biz to live the life they portray

interesting topic

I'll speak for Ross

So you're mainly saying because Ross kept putting out good music the general public gave him a pass, but what if Tekashi does that?

And I think you're downplaying Ross being a cop. Especially a guy who says "fuck the cops" on 50% of his songs lol let's keep it a buck.

So you're mainly saying because Ross kept putting out good music the general public gave him a pass, but what if Tekashi does that?

And I think you're downplaying Ross being a cop. Especially a guy who says "fuck the cops" on 50% of his songs lol let's keep it a buck.
Tekashi doesnt make "good" music tho. I think he's a biproduct of the waves of shitty music that's out and these young people fuck with it for some strange reason

look at that mo bamba song...shit is trash, but these young cats be playing it everyday

im not downplaying him being a CO....and a CO aint a cop so I'm not gonna let you try to equate the two when they have two very distinct roles

Yeah Ross's music is amazing. Those Maybach songs are like classical.
yo fam, i got a PhD in sarcasm

if you dont fuck with Ross, cool, but the nigga has dropped some DOPE ass music over the years

Tekashi doesnt make "good" music tho.

And this goes back to the disconnect Rory and the rest of the podcast were having. To US his music was trash, but to his demographic, he was baby jesus.

And this goes back to the disconnect Rory and the rest of the podcast were having. To US his music was trash, but to his demographic, he was baby jesus.
look at the era where they are coming up in

all of this shit sounds alike and if you do a blindfold test, you couldnt tell who was who

so ofc they not gonna have a greater appreciation for rap that has substance

i have no idea what the fucking mo bamba song is even about and that was me actually trying to listen to it last week

MIMS was ahead of the time when he said "i could make a mil saying nothing on a track", and that's what is happening. Add the way streaming now inflates music consumption, and here we are

im not downplaying him being a CO....and a CO aint a cop so I'm not gonna let you try to equate the two when they have two very distinct roles

Have u ever been in jail or prison? A CO is a cop, trust me.

1. No. He rapped about that life and then he snitched. He's going to get the cold shoulder from industry insiders. Also, he'll probably be on parole, and under the conditions of his parole, or the fact that he's a felon, he won't be able to do drugs. Drug dealers won't sell to him.

2. Vanilla Ice claimed to be from the hood, but when he was outed his career came to an abrupt halt. But I can't think of anybody that rapped about that life that got their card pulled. Ross might be a first.
Hes gonna say he stood tall until they broke code first.

69 will still have his core base, that crowd, but cats that listens to artists like Ross, 69 music won't appeal them

1. 2 different fan-bases, Ross and 69

I think 69 can bounce and his story will be twisted to make him look as he went through the fire, somewhat like a 2pac-ish twist.

Snitch = "I had to get these bitch ass niggas from around me" They are not loyal, so I'm not really a snitch

The twist will be immaculate from 69, his fans will focus more on that, than him actually telling on folks

Ross wasnt really the first to be "exposed" as a fake gangsta, thug or whatever...it has been plenty of guys before him and will be after. I think to a certain extent fans are hip that at the end of the day this shit is entertainment...and as long as you entertain me we can let shit slide...Ross not only continued to make good music...he actually got BETTER. And for a lil while was almost bulletproof with MMG at its onset ( Him, Wale, Meek and Pill) and also...being a CO and being an actual cop are two different things...and I think he was certified as to have been affiliated with the Boobie Boys in Miami...in that context...if you know he actually played football and went to school on scholarship...its fair to say that he was the lil homie with a clean record that we can get on the inside to hep move shit in prison...that is def a possibility...and I doubt that he will come out and be like "yeah I was helping moving drugs inside"

any way...

Tekashii is what he is...and I really think he was a plant and wouldnt be surprised if he was working with the feds from the onset...and they were using him to get to Shotti them..to eventually get the big fish...who knows what all Tekashii really knows bruh...

As far as music...I could still see him releasing some stuff here or there and being mildly successfull...not to where he may have been headed tho...but honestly I think he is about to fall of the map and never be heard from again because he completed his mission.

CO's are cops, officers, police and on the real, they're worse than the cops yall see on the day to day basis. Yall aint been in there, and thank god for that, but please, chill with that CO's aint cops shit.

Back