Welcome To aBlackWeb

Liam Neeson Speaks On His Racist Past

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Liam%20Neeson.jpg

#LiamNeeson, best known for his role as the ride-or-die, retired CIA operative in the ‘Taken’ series, is officially speaking his truth and opening up about his past urge to commit a hate crime. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
In an interview with Independent to discuss his forthcoming film, ‘Cold Pursuit,’ in which he plays a driver who seeks revenge against dealers he thinks killed his son, the Ireland-born actor, who’s made a living off stories of revenge and vengeance, shared his own experiences with retributive justice. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
“There’s something primal - God forbid you’ve ever had a member of your family hurt under criminal conditions,” Neeson explained when asked how ‘his latest character turns to anger.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
As he continued, he opened up about the experience that linked him to his character on a personal level - in which his violent impulses led him to seek retribution after a close friend was raped by a black man.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
“My immediate reaction was…I asked, did she know who it was? No…what color were they? She said it was a black person,” Neeson explained. “I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I'd be approached by somebody - I'm asked to say that - and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some ‘black bastard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could kill him.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
“It took me a week, maybe a week and a half, to go through that. She would say, ‘Where are you going?’ And I would say, ‘I’m going out for a walk.’ You know? ‘What’s wrong?’ “No no, nothing’s wrong.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
However, Neeson admitted that his thoughts were “horrible, horrible,” he said he was ashamed of his racist assumptions, but he it was all part of a more

“I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I'd be approached by somebody - I'm asked to say that - and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some ‘black bastard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could kill him.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
@21Savage whats a cosh?

Sounds like he had a racist moment but owned up to that shit
Yea plus he old as fuck so this was way back when.

Ppl grow and ppl change. I doubt he woulda shared that if he still had feelings like that. But at the same time he shoulda kept it to himself. Its too real for the masses.

Back