Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lifetime’s “Surviving R. Kelly” Docuseries(aka The #MeToo Summer Jam Screen series) Trailer

I don't keep up with R. Kelly like that, and most everybody didn't. This doc brought the general public up to speed.

And it's not our fault we didn't know. We got our own lives.

But when a doc ties everything together, past and present, as this doc did, then shit is understood. Which was the point of the doc.

So the doc served its purpose. But y'all "niggas should have been outraged years ago" niggas keep derailing shit.
Speak for yourself. He’s been in the news over this..

Speak for yourself. He’s been in the news over this..
Did the news go into detail like the doc? Did they interview the parents? Did they interview past victims? Did they interview R. Kelly staff?

Hell no! It was a 1-5 minute segment at most on major, repeat major, news outlets.

Stop acting like this shit was a big deal before now.

Did the news go into detail like the doc? Did they interview the parents? Did they interview past victims? Did they interview R. Kelly staff?

Hell no! It was a 1-5 minute segment at most on major, repeat major, news outlets.

Stop acting like this shit was a big deal before now.
Didn’t I say earlier that the only thing the documentary did was give vivid details? Did we need to know the details on how he had sex with underaged girls?

True, but you've got to agree that the doc revealed a lot and opened people's eyes to the extent of the abuse.

You can't say people knew what was going on 30 years ago.
Everyone of a certain age knew everything they needed to know in 2002 when the tape...leaked.

You can't say people knew what was going on 30 years ago.

Man I was 13 when I first got into R. Kelly's music proper... When Aaliyah dropped I thought it was just a producer/protégé relationship... Them getting married was news I heard years later

And the first I heard of him having sex with young girls was when that video got leaked... In 2002

Prior to that I didn't know shit..

Back