Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lifetime’s “Surviving R. Kelly” Docuseries(aka The #MeToo Summer Jam Screen series) Trailer

I never thought R Kelly was this interesting......

Why can't they drink at 20? or 19?

So if one day, these law-makers wake up and say, the drinking age has been moved from 21 to 20, that's maturity?? breh Lol. unplug yourself big dog. Society dictates what you do and say, you think being 21 is maturity because someone can drink Lol smh or it's on your law books/state documents.

Who determines maturity? the ppl that make the laws, and we all know who make laws, aint no black ppl, but I'm going left

You the only one talking about jail big dog. My only thing was, that person involved should be held accountable for their part and should get the same heat as the older person. You talking jail-time etc. Condition talk, Plug talk, but I'm off that.

Niggas can't see the forest for the trees.

I kinda wonder how young a girl has to be for you to not hold her responsible for her own rape (statutory or otherwise). What's your cutoff, bro? 14? 12? 9? Puberty?

No what I am saying is if a chick that's 14 dating a grown ass man, calling that man and running up behind that man, getting upset that the man not returning her phone calls, not liking her IG pics, not Face-Timing her, lying to her parents, sneaking off, accepting gifts from that man and not telling her parents about her relationship wit that man, she needs to get the same treatment that the older man will face, along with any and everybody who supports this act.

That is dumb as fuck. You are saying you expect a teenager to have the same decision making ability as an adult...because you know what comes with the ability to make decisions? The ability to understand the potential consequences as well...hence why teens aren't allowed to make certain decisions for themselves because they can't understand the long term consequences of their actions.

A long ass talking to and you think she's gonna listen, punishment, you're punishing your 15 to 16 year old teenager ? she may rebel when you're trying to stop her from doing what she wants??

I got a band right now, all ones, says that when you try and flex on her, she rebels and goes even harder, cuz you can't stop a chick from 1. liking an older dude and 2. stopping her from doing what she wants, unless you're controlling her and that's what Pimps do

But Let me know how that work out in Fantasy Land big dog cuz in real life, chances are, your talk is going in one ear and out the other if that girl has her mind made up.

A chick should be able to tell the age of a guy by convo.

Seems like you're both debating over a gamble of circumstances. Missing that a possibility of rebellion is always there, regardless of how severe the punishment. The only thing either of you can do is hope your parental methods work.

Hopefully you'd have taught your kid right from wrong when confronted by a predator. They may be a victim and "a long talking too" may suffice.
But there is also the scenario where they simply become lost to the streets. Talking, rehab, near death experiences, and more may not be enough. At that point they have chosen that lifestyle and extreme confinement maybe warranted.

As a father of 3 daughters, 2 of them still in their mid and late teens, you have learn that parenting is a learning process.

You can say all day what you're daughter ain't going to do, but the reality is she will do whatever she wants. It's simply a matter of if you find out or not. The only thing you can do is love her, support her, protect her as much as possible and guide her nonstop from the moment she comes into this fucked up world. And one more thing LISTEN TO HER. The more comfortable your daughter is talking to you, the more she will value your input and opinion and be less inclined to do certain things.

Just like we did all kinds of shit when we were teens because we thought we knew everything and our parents was just lames trying to run our lives. The game ain't changed just the players.

Just last night, on the way home from picking up my 15 year old from work, she tells me how disgusted she was at these grown men who was flirting with her earlier. Her words out of her mouth were "they can clearly see I'm not grown".

That was a reminder that I can't block each and every single evil of this world from confronting her. I have to rely on everything I've taught her from our talks to my leading by example to showing her how to shoot. Now will I be posted at her job on her next shift for a little while with the glock tucked? Damn right. But that's how it goes when you have daughters smh. Niggas don't know the stress

Why can't they drink at 20? or 19?

So if one day, these law-makers wake up and say, the drinking age has been moved from 21 to 20, that's maturity?? breh Lol. unplug yourself big dog. Society dictates what you do and say, you think being 21 is maturity because someone can drink Lol smh or it's on your law books/state documents.

Who determines maturity? the ppl that make the laws, and we all know who make laws, aint no black ppl, but I'm going left

You the only one talking about jail big dog. My only thing was, that person involved should be held accountable for their part and should get the same heat as the older person. You talking jail-time etc. Condition talk, Plug talk, but I'm off that.

Niggas can't see the forest for the trees.

The thing us the penalty for an adult sleepung with kids is jail time you said the kid should get the same punishment so they should get jail right?

I can't believe I have to post this image.
Source in bottom left corner.

View attachment 100728

Interesting chart.

Ironically, the pre-teen brain doesn't really look that much less mature than the 20yr old brain.

The chart makes it seem like a teen brain is about 70-80% as mature as a 20yr old brain.

Also, the justice system throws teenagers with "immature brains" in jail all the time.

This would seem to indicate that immaturity is not always going to be a good enough excuse to absolve teenagers of being held accountable for their actions.

Kelly got caught on tape having sex with a minor .. My argument has always been

1. Why the American justice system didn't or hasn't locked him up?

2. Why hasn't he been physically assaulted by a male guardian or family member to one of these girls? For years?

That Nigga still walking like nothing

That said do your research on the Motown years and majority of the female singers coming up in that era, 60s and 70s

Couple of them were already sexually active from as young as 15 years old mostly through duress ... Getting pregnant at very early ages

Large scale paedophilia goes on particularly in the Northern part of my country which is predominantly Islamic... Girls not fully physically developed having babies and that fuckin their bodies up

If you've heard of female genital mutilation... Then you know what goes down

https://allthatsinteresting.com/rock-stars-sexual-misconduct#1

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/11-rock-stars-who-allegedly-slept-with-underage-girls-7980930

Jimmy Page

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page made the news in the 1970s when he started calling 14-year-old Lori Maddox his “girlfriend” – but nobody had a clue how bad it was. Maddox has since said that the relationship started when she was “kidnapped” by Page. “Get in the bloody car,” Page allegedly ordered her, “and if you move, I’ll have your head.”

Lori Maddox lost her virginity to David Bowie, but he wasn't the only rock star she would sleep with during her groupie days. In fact, she is better known for her relationship with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page. In her words, Page had Zeppelin manager Richard Cole "kidnap" her (Cole is also known as the man responsible for the infamous Zeppelin "mud shark" incident.) Maddox was just 14 when their relationship started; Page was 28.

"What happened is that I was kidnapped, literally," Maddox said once in a documentary. "He told me was going to be with me, and I said no, he wasn't, and he said, 'Yes, I am.' Then we all ended up at the Rainbow [Bar and Grill], and Richard Cole says to me, 'Get in the bloody car and if you move, I'll have your head.' Next thing you know I'm at the [Hyatt House] hotel, and I'm walking down the hall, and next thing you know, I'm pulled into this door . . . And I turned around and, look, there was Jimmy sitting in the corner of the room with a hat and a cane saying, 'I told you I'm gonna have you.'"

Apparently, Page's flair for dramatics didn't end on the guitar. He and Maddox would continue to see each other for the next few years, though he tightly controlled Maddox's movements when they were togethe

Mick Jagger

Baby-groupie Lori Maddox claims that, when she was still a teenager, Mick Jagger took her into a “bondage-themed bedroom,” fed her cocaine and violated her. Maddox, though, insists that the Rolling Stones’ singer did nothing wrong. “The sex was very consensual,” she said. “You need to understand that I didn’t think of myself as underage.”

Steven Tyler

When Steven Tyler started dating 16-year-old Julia Holcomb, he managed to convince her mother to make him her legal guardian as well – meaning that he was sleeping with a child in his care. When the young girl got pregnant, Tyler forced her to have an abortion.

David Bowie

David Bowie was notorious for sleeping with underage girls. In 1973, he reportedly took the virginity of Lori Maddox when she was just 15-years-old. In addition, he told her to invite her also 15-year-old friend to join them. Maddox says they were just two of countless other so-called “baby groupies” that Bowie invited into his bedroom.

David Bowie had strong links to the Baby Groupies of Los Angeles, and famous groupie Lori Maddox (often spelled Mattix) has repeatedly told the story of how she lost her virginity to Bowie when she was just 14. (Bowie was in his mid-20s.) Maddox has told the story many times over the years, and the details remain the same: Bowie pursued her, but she initially rejected him. Then months later she and fellow underage groupie Sable Starr ended up in a hotel room with Bowie, and the rock star took Maddox into a bathroom and took a bath with her and then had sex with her. The two would later have a threesome with Starr. It's worth noting that Maddox doesn't have any regrets about her experience with Bowie, noting that she would continue to see him on and off for 10 years after their first sexual encounter

Jerry Lee Lewis

In 1958, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year-old cousin, Myra Gale Brown. Lewis got in trouble with the press, and his career took a nosedive. Legally, however, he got away with everything, even though, when they got married, he was in his 20s and already married to another woman. When they went on their honeymoon,

Elvis Presley

The King of Rock ‘N Roll used to tell people he liked to look out for cherries – underage, virginal girls he could sleep with. He got in trouble with a 14-year-old fan named Jackie Rowland when he took her backstage and offered to teach her to “kiss in a grown-up way.” Jackie’s mother stopped him from going any further – but there were hundreds more. Sometimes, Elvis would slip hundred-dollar bills into the girls’ schoolbooks to pay them off for the night.

The King of rock can thank Jerry Lee Lewis' libido for disrupting a challenge to the throne, but Presley wasn't without his own girl problems. Priscilla Presley, Elvis' wife, was just 14 when the couple met. The King's attention quickly overwhelmed her, and by age 17 she was living with Elvis in Graceland. His demands eventually overwhelmed her personality.

"I was someone he created,' she told the Daily Mail in 2010. "I was just a kid and I was consumed by him. All I desired was not to disappoint him."

Alanna Nash compiled tales from Elvis' lovers in a 2010 book, Baby, Let's Play House: Elvis Presley and the Women Who Loved Him. In the New York Times' review of the book, Janet Maslin noted that the book contains a series of pictures of Elvis' girlfriends, who all share one unsettling physical trait.

"The pictures tell a powerful story," Maslin writes. "He worked his way through a lifetime’s worth of women who looked like his brown-haired, soulful-eyed mother, Gladys."

Bill Wyman

The Rolling Stones' Bill Wyman started dating Mandy Smith when he was 47-years-old – and she was 13. Wyman insists that he did nothing wrong – because he asked her mother if it was okay.

The Stones haven’t exactly shied away from their liaisons with children. In 1994, they even started marketing a T-shirtboasting that the band had survived decades of “under-age sex.”

Iggy Pop

Iggy Pop didn’t just sleep with 13-year-old girls – he wrote songs about it. “I slept with Sable when she was 13,” Pop sings in his song “Look Away,” an ode to one of the infamous “baby groupies” of the 1970s.

Iggy Pop was one of baby groupie Sable Starr's many celebrity lovers. There's no ambiguity here — besides the many pictures of the two together, Iggy wrote a song, "Look Away," from the 1996 album Naughty Little Doggy, about their relationship. "I slept with Sable when she was 13 / Her parents were too rich to do anything / She walked her way around L.A. / Till a New York Doll carried her away."

Don Henley

In the 1980s, paramedics were sent to the home of The Eagles' Don Henley. Henley, though, wasn’t alone – he was getting high with two naked girls, one who was 16 and one who was 15. For statutory rape, prostitution, and drug abuse, all Henley got was a $2,500 fine.

Screenshot_20190108-220356.png

Blazing, watching a soccer game and listening to this shit... And these lyrics just resonated with this thread.

Be, B-Boys and girls, listen again
This is for grown looking girls who's only ten
The ones who watch videos and do what they see
As cute as can be, up in the club with fake ID
Careful, 'fore you meet a man with HIV
You can host the TV like Oprah Winfrey
Whatever you decide, be careful, some men be
Rapists, so act your age, don't pretend to be
Older than you are, give yourself time to grow
You thinking he can give you wealth, but so...

Parents man..

2. Why hasn't he been physically assaulted by a male guardian or family member to one of these girls? For years?

That said do your research on the Motown years and majority of the female singers coming up in that era, 60s and 70s

Couple of them were already sexually active from as young as 15 years old mostly through duress ... Getting pregnant at very early ages

Large scale paedophilia goes on particularly in the Northern part of my country which is predominantly Islamic... Girls not fully physically developed having babies and that fuckin their bodies up

If you've heard of female genital mutilation... Then you know what goes down
R Kelly is free because the girl in the tape refused to testify

Plain and simple. It's not like he didn't go to court. In this instance, the Justice system did what they could do and that was take him to trial

The people directly involved in this matter are what allowed Kelly to do what he has done for so long. Anyone proven to have substantial first hand knowledge and victims that accepted settlements in his prior cases. People that likely had the most damning evidence that may have put the man behind bars earlier, but instead of justice accepted a check. I say these are the people most at fault outside of Kelly himself.

Blaming people that may have only had professional relationships or only knew him in passing is irrelevant. Likely just a tactic for generating more hype around the matter as the bigger names often do.

I was still living in Africa when this whole legal thing went down... This tape leak exposure happened about the time Best Of Both Worlds dropped (?) ..

I was like this nigga done... Career done

Only for the next year... Chocolate Factory debuts at #1 Billboard 100 charts and spurned hits that 03...

Now faux feminist may tell you there isn't a racial element at play here. That they don't care if white people did it, make wild claims that black men are mentioning whites to say blacks should get away with it too, and say anything else to deny the discrepancy. Please know that such people are likely enemies of black people anyway.

If they truly wanted to solve this issue of protecting underage children (not just girls) then pointing out other races committing the crime helps that cause. It shouldn't be that hard to multi-task and spread your outrage fairly. To get half-assed about justice when other races are mentioned makes them just as horrible as the people that did enable R.Kelly.

Back