Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lifetime’s “Surviving R. Kelly” Docuseries(aka The #MeToo Summer Jam Screen series) Trailer

We gotta do better than this. If we are truly going to make a change for the better as a community, we have to get to the roots of our issues. We've been trying to band-aid bullet wounds for way too long.

Fact is, pointing out all parties involved does not equal defending the guilty. It's stating the obvious facts. Yet everything has been molded to make black men the face of wrongdoing for decades. That's bullshit

We need to protect our women, absolutely. Now how are we going to accomplish that going forward? Because for the last couple decades, our women have been telling us we ain't shit and they don't need us for shit. Now I'm old school so I have a different set of values, but these young cats don't. It's up to us grown men, to teach these young men better and do what we can to guide them. We need to get off that "well that ain't my son" kick. They're all our sons (and daughters) whether we like it or not.

Now the other side of that requires our women to work with us. They have just as much duty in this as us. That requires making better decisions in who you bear children for and how you interact with that man. You can't be out here chasing after d boys and thugs. Disrespecting brothers who should actually be respected but you calling them corny. You can't act that way (all in the videos, dancin, going to r. kelly concerts and buying his music) or be silent about that behavior you seeing in your sistas and turn around and ask brothers to protect you. Can't have it both ways. Grown women poppin it all over the gram, leaving these young impressionable girls to think that's what they're supposed to do. But you bring that up and people defend the guilty by saying you're slut shaming.

We have deep rooted issues that go back to the founding of this country. This shit is layers deep and if we keep looking at it from one side we will keep going through it.

Welp you got me then.
this aint about getting you or winning or losing,...

the original question was legit.....are we doing all we can to stop this type thing?
how are women acting like its on us to protect them when they are nit being snatched? how do you defend that? how can a person tell another grown adult not to do something. most likely they will do what they want.

we can be the blame for this.
now if ya home girl said.....the dads needed to do they job..i would be with her.
but then the one guy dropped his kid off...

smdh

Breh you using the word "kids" is painting these teenagers as some innocent incompetent lambs. These "kids" teenagers are doing just about any and everything adults do when it comes to relations in 2019.

These "Kids" know what the hell right and wrong is, softening the blow or situation by painting them as these innocents lambs "kids" aint helping out your narrative, reality don't work like that big dog. I don't hid behind phrase, reality disputes these fantasy ass world you and others want to play out your head.

Of course the 28 year old should know not to mess with a minor, Now Let's flip that playboy, the 14 year old should know too not to get involve with a older man, the shit goes both ways. If she knows not to put her hand on a burning stove, her ass should know fucking with a 28 year old man wouldn't be accepted by her family.

Trust and believe these teenagers, girls and boys know that the shit is wrong, but guess what, they don't give a shit. So the coddling that you and others are doing needs to be dismiss, everybody involve in a situation like R.Kelly and Aaliyah should get the same treatment.

Fucking kids aint retarded or that obtuse breh

EXACTLY!
And I'm sure you have bee called all types of coons,sell-outs and book-lickers when you speak this same truth about these very same young black teenages that go out here and get caught up in this racist ass system!

They know better!

But yet they STILL want to be gang banger,drug deal,be thugs and smoke weed and shit! Just rip & run!
Yet when they catch a case or worse yet a bullet, they want to blame the white man! You know better!
FOH
Your ass should have been at home or school! At a library studying to get in college or taking up a trade

We gotta do better than this. If we are truly going to make a change for the better as a community, we have to get to the roots of our issues. We've been trying to band-aid bullet wounds for way too long.

Fact is, pointing out all parties involved does not equal defending the guilty. It's stating the obvious facts. Yet everything has been molded to make black men the face of wrongdoing for decades. That's bullshit

We need to protect our women, absolutely. Now how are we going to accomplish that going forward? Because for the last couple decades, our women have been telling us we ain't shit and they don't need us for shit. Now I'm old school so I have a different set of values, but these young cats don't. It's up to us grown men, to teach these young men better and do what we can to guide them. We need to get off that "well that ain't my son" kick. They're all our sons (and daughters) whether we like it or not.

Now the other side of that requires our women to work with us. They have just as much duty in this as us. That requires making better decisions in who you bear children for and how you interact with that man. You can't be out here chasing after d boys and thugs. Disrespecting brothers who should actually be respected but you calling them corny. You can't act that way (all in the videos, dancin, going to r. kelly concerts and buying his music) or be silent about that behavior you seeing in your sistas and turn around and ask brothers to protect you. Can't have it both ways. Grown women poppin it all over the gram, leaving these young impressionable girls to think that's what they're supposed to do. But you bring that up and people defend the guilty by saying you're slut shaming.

We have deep rooted issues that go back to the founding of this country. This shit is layers deep and if we keep looking at it from one side we will keep going through it.
giphy.gif

6h1GYm.gif
giphy.gif

this is what i been saying for years.
our women look at us like the white people look at us yet want our help.
Now we need to step up and do what we need to to be the men we should be.....and that wont be easy for alot of us. because most of us dont have an idea what a real man is...only what we are told a man is supposed to be.

If the pic was taken last year knowing what we know about Weinstein only to turn around and do this R Kelly documentary that is wild hypocritical.

C'mon duke. You think if Weinstein was out and about laughing it up w/ celebs & posing for pics AFTER all his shit came to light, that wouldn't have been news?

I know you Tariq disciples like to think everything is some grand ol white man conspiracy, but this ain't one of em slim.

EXACTLY!
And I'm sure you have bee called all types of coons,sell-outs and book-lickers when you speak this same truth about these very same young black teenages that go out here and get caught up in this racist ass system!

They know better!

But yet they STILL want to be gang banger,drug deal,be thugs and smoke weed and shit! Just rip & run!
Yet when they catch a case or worse yet a bullet, they want to blame the white man! You know better!
FOH
Your ass should have been at home or school! At a library studying to get in college or taking up a trade
um....homie...slow down.
you actually agreeing with things i said that you disagreed with in the past.

you might be tired. you may need a nap.

Speaking of DR I got a homie that you and him need to link up with. He's in pharmaceutical industry and he created an app that could benefit your business as well. He just left DR last week helping nout the local drug stores there with their inventory with his app. Y'all two could corner the market
imma send you a PM in a few.

I feel like there's some kind of weird inferiority complex being displayed in some people if a guy they don't know and never met can get exposed for being a pedo and their thoughts somehow lead to "how is this going to make white people think about me?"

C'mon duke. You think if Weinstein was out and about laughing it up w/ celebs & posing for pics AFTER all his shit came to light, that wouldn't have been news?

I know you Tariq disciples like to think everything is some grand ol white man conspiracy, but this ain't one of em slim.
This been a worst kept secret in Hollywood for years and these people knew and still worked with Weinstein. I wonder who that sounds like...

A lot of generalzing going on smh. This 'agree with everything i say or you against me' culture sure is tiring, i must say. But let me get back to what i was

First off John killing his own argument. R Kelly already went to court and got off. Then made a comeback. Secondly, fuck he mean he'll never make a movie again? You cant ban someone from making a movie or music, df.
But my main point is dont believe Johns blind innocence. He didnt just sorta get his foot in the industry. Hes been in the industry for over a decade, fuck he mean he didnt know. He wasnt some Ultra mega star that could just show up and leave with little contact with people, that you could see would'nt have heard this. Nigga was at a level where he was big enough to get in certain circles and hear all the rumors. He just didnt care because noone else did and he was getting a check.

Last edited:
Aye man, R Kelly went after young women

Parents chasing fam and fortune through r Kelly threw caution to the wind for the bag

The people around R Kelly are just as bad as him

People know R Kelly do what he do but mad at lifetime for profitin off of it.

Which..

Ayo man, this whole shit just nasty, throw 2019 in the trash man..let's reboot and start again

Forgot to add this. The story about him not wanting his chicks to talk to other niggas is true. Girl i sorta know lives in Chicago and used to date a guy who did music with R Kelly. He told her about a time, where they were at one of those basketball games and one of his girls talked to a guy there and R Kelly went crazy screaming at her. She also said she been heard about girls living at that studio (everyone heard about it), and shes pretty sure girls are still living there now.

Nigga you sounding sweet.
I distract too easy?

I talk down my own too much?
Yet she does the same while taking the onus off the women who went into this willingly. This dude ain't kidnap no one.
How can black men protect a person who goes into this with the idea of living lavish life?
How are black men supposed to protect that?

You just as stupid if you can't see I'm one if a few that sacrifices for my own...an unless you out here doing for your own.......shut the fuck up about.

You really don't know the scale or scope of what your talking about.
You have this strange way of flirting with me when I disagree with you

Anytime I offer a rebuttal to your thoughts, you respond to me asserting some effeminate behavior on my part

For the record, I didn't read the rest of your post because I got "easily distracted" at your feeble attempt at an insult.

Grow the fuck up already nigga. We having a conversation

Back