Welcome To aBlackWeb

Former '106 & Park' Host A.J. Calloway Has Been Accused Of Sexual Assault By Two More Women

Duwop

Savage Garden ⬛
Mod Squad
upload_2019-1-4_14-8-23.png
https://blavity.com/former-106-park...xsWXsDzznkJ4L-Ora1uuK5M7NeSPikWou6YbjPFJxoSU4

In June 2018, writer Sil Lai Abrams accused American television personality and Extra TV host AJ Calloway of sexual assault. As Blavity previously reported, the domestic violence activist revealed the details of the abuse exclusively to The Hollywood Reporter.

Six months later, two more women have come forward to The Daily Beast with their own recounts of Calloway's malpractice. Speaking with the news and pop culture site, Abrams revealed that at least 10 women, including herself, have accused Calloway of sexual misconduct.

One accuser, who requested anonymity in her testimony, filed a suit against Calloway on December 24 at the West Orange Police Department in New Jersey. To maintain the confidentiality of the victim, representatives of the West Orange Police Department declined to offer anymore specifics of the dispute.

The second accuser, who The Daily Beast dubbed "Talia" on the basis of obscurity, believes Calloway would attempt to destroy her career if she revealed her identity.

"I don't want it to affect my future, everything that I've worked hard for—and AJ is someone that would try to do that."

Talia said she and Calloway went to dinner, and following their meal Calloway drove the two back to his home for an after-party with a group of friends. Once the other guests left for the night, Talia recalls Calloway forcing himself on her. When she refused, he exposed himself to her. Following the incident, Talia said Calloway promised to drop Talia back at her place in the morning.

Despite the allegations against Calloway, Abrams added that Warner Brothers Television, which produces Extra TV, have neglected to speak on their employee's behalf.

"I emailed Blake Bryant, the head of publicity at Warner Brothers Television—the same guy who Kim Masters reached out to when she was working on her piece for The Hollywood Reporter—asking him why they haven’t issued any statements," Abrams explained. "I let him know that I'd spoken with multiple women and there are multiple alleged victims of AJ. I was thinking, Warner Brothers has got to say something, I mean, what are they going to do? I got no response."

When Abrams' expose with The Holiday Reporter was published, Calloway released a statement through his legal team vehemently denying any wrongdoing on his part.

"THR chose to publish these meritless allegations without a thorough investigation of the facts. I intend to vigorously defend my reputation against these false accusations and will not let this cause further harm to my family," his statement read.

by 2025 all casual encounters of the opposite sex will involve non disclosure agreements and go pros
Dave called it
Chappelle-Show-Love-Contract.jpg

So basically he tried to make a move. His move failed, so he pulled out his dick in a misguided and desperate attempt to get some. That failed too, so he took the chick home the next morning.

Look, I get it, some of these dudes are lame as shit when it comes to how they approach women. Hell, anyone who group up around cats that got a lot of attention in high school for athletics and similar endeavors know that. Them dudes were so used to having it thrown at them, that they never really learned how to go about getting what they wanted in a reasonable manner. That said, is shit like that really something worth ruining a dude over? It seems like initially she didn't think it was since she didn't come out with it anonymously or otherwise. Now because it's a movement, she wants to drag it up from the past. That's the main problem with this #MeToo shit. They aren't really fighting injustice or trying to make things better in a lot of cases. They seem to just be piling on. A lot of the charges are legit and should be taken with full seriousness. I just can't help feel like some of these cases are just "Hey, a guy did some shit I didn't once too. Get him."

Back