Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video The Black Eyed Peas - Back 2 HipHop Ft. Nas

I can’t take these niggas seriously. The “I Am” Nas visual was a nice touch tho.

True Story.

There was a Hip Hop conference at Harvard University in 1999. They had a panel discussion and some of the panelists consisted of Puff Daddy's manager, The President/CEO of Rawkus, Davy D and KRS One. I think Wendy Day was there too.

On the second day of the conference KRS One was supposed to perform, but for whatever reason he didn't show up. So guess who took KRS One's place? The Black Eyed Peas.

If you've ever seen KRS perform live, he's arguably the greatest performer in the history of the genre (I saw him on New Years eve/day 1993/4).

So anyway, The Black Eyed Peas performed. They gave it their all and performed about 3 songs with a live drummer (no DJ). In fact, there was a band that played before them and the BEPs seemed totally unprepared, so they got the drummer from the band that played before them and rapped over just drums.

It wasn't a bad performance but just imagine going to see KRS ONE and ending up seeing The Black Eyed Peas.

Last edited:
Back