Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Ice Cube - Everythang’s Corrupt

You're buggin. Cube is top 10 DOA.

Maybe you're just too young to remember his reign from 88-93.

Straight Outta Compton dropped when I was a sophomore

Amerikkkas Most Wanted dropped between my junior year and senior year.

Kill AT Will EP dropped in the spring of my senior year.

Death Certificate came out in the fall after I graduated.

Then he dropped The Predator and Lethal Injection.

That's six classic projects in a row, seven if you count Eazy E's first album.

FOH saying, "Cube isn't top 30"

I'll give u straight outta compton, the rest is mediocre or trash and these yearly tournaments are proving my points. None of this nigga's songs made it past the 2nd round. When compared to his peers his music is mediocre at best.

His albums all sound dated and wack af in 2018/19. Saying his flow is basic is an understatement. Zero wordplay, zero bars, etc. He had good content, but that's just about it. He's a very basic MC, especially when you compare him to the real greats.

7 classics?

giphy.gif

I'll give u straight outta compton, the rest is mediocre or trash and these yearly tournaments are proving my points. None of this nigga's songs made it past the 2nd round. When compared to his peers his music is mediocre at best.

His albums all sound dated and wack af in 2018/19. Saying his flow is basic is an understatement. Zero wordplay, zero bars, etc. He had good content, but that's just about it. He's a very basic MC, especially when you compare him to the real greats.

7 classics?

giphy.gif

How old were you between 88-93?

And which of those albums weren't classics?

How old were you between 88-93?

And which of those albums weren't classics?

Between a baby and grade school.

AMW i'll call a classic due to it's impact, content and what it meant during the time. But musically it didn't stand the test of time, which is what real classics should do, but i'll still call it a classic.

None of the other albums are classics.

Between a baby and grade school.

AMW i'll call a classic due to it's impact, content and what it meant during the time. But musically it didn't stand the test of time, which is what real classics should do, but i'll still call it a classic.

None of the other albums are classics.

First of all, you weren't old enough to appreciate them when they dropped.

Second of all, Cube's style was dynamic, meaning it changed with the times. He started off gangsta rapping and cursing but he gradually got more conscious (KRS was the same way when he first came out)

Third of all, if you're saying that Straight Outta Compton isn't a classic you should turn this website over to somebody else because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Fourth of all, if your saying that Death Certificate wasn't classic then you've officially gotten your Hip Hop pass revoked, by me.

You have absolutely no clue, none.

The Predator and Lethal Injection might not be 5 mic classics, but I remember when they were out and my coworkers were always talking about Ice Cube. I was more into the East Coast stuff like Wu Tang, DITC, Gang Starr, Boot Camp Click, etc.

First of all, you weren't old enough to appreciate them when they dropped.

Second of all, Cube's style was dynamic, meaning it changed with the times. He started off gangsta rapping and cursing but he gradually got more conscious (KRS was the same way when he first came out)

Third of all, if you're saying that Straight Outta Compton isn't a classic you should turn this website over to somebody else because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Fourth of all, if your saying that Death Certificate wasn't classic then you've officially gotten your Hip Hop pass revoked, by me.

You have absolutely no clue, none.

The Predator and Lethal Injection might not be 5 mic classics, but I remember when they were out and my coworkers were always talking about Ice Cube. I was more into the East Coast stuff like Wu Tang, DITC, Gang Starr, Boot Camp Click, etc.

You sound like an idiot. Most of us weren't born when Thriller, Off The Wall, etc were made, but they stood the test of time and were still powerful albums by the time my generation and the generations after hears it. Same for funk music from the 70s, soul from the 60s, etc.

I don't care about what you and your fuckboy friends talked about at your dead-end jobs. If an album is truly a classic:

Screenshot_56.png

... it shouldn't matter when someone first hears the album. None of Cube's albums stand the test of time.

Cube ain’t the most lyrical MC but he was never boring in his prime & always had something groundbreaking to say. That being said tho his skills started to fade with the Predator regardless of his popularity. Since Lethal Injection he honesty been a parody of himself. Always seen as a throwback to when rap was “real” & when MCs were “hard” when in actuality he’s about as cookie cutter as the rest these days. Add on the fact that while he’s been out there thanks to Hollywood, he still shows stagnant ability as a artist thanks to lackluster out of sync albums that he sporadically puts out.

As much as people sometimes get on Snoop Dogg at least he still finds a way to put out some dope music from time to time. Cube has not.

Cube ain’t the most lyrical MC but he was never boring in his prime & always had something groundbreaking to say. That being said tho his skills started to fade with the Predator regardless of his popularity. Since Lethal Injection he honesty been a parody of himself. Always seen as a throwback to when rap was “real” & when MCs were “hard” when in actuality he’s about as cookie cutter as the rest these days. Add on the fact that while he’s been out there thanks to Hollywood, he still shows stagnant ability as a artist thanks to lackluster out of sync albums that he sporadically puts out.

As much as people sometimes get on Snoop Dogg at least he still finds a way to put out some dope music from time to time. Cube has not.

Cube is doing thing beyond music tho...Your music defines your impact at that moment not the longevity...Your career defines your longevity as a successful artist.

You sound like an idiot. Most of us weren't born when Thriller, Off The Wall, etc were made, but they stood the test of time and were still powerful albums by the time my generation and the generations after hears it. Same for funk music from the 70s, soul from the 60s, etc.

I don't care about what you and your fuckboy friends talked about at your dead-end jobs. If an album is truly a classic:

View attachment 92295

... it shouldn't matter when someone first hears the album. None of Cube's albums stand the test of time.

It’s funny that same way feel about Jay Z...lol

This is a good topic. How many albums are considered rap classics but sound wack in 2018?

View attachment 92295

You say, "most of us weren't born when Thriller, Off The Wall, etc. were made."

Well guess what? I remember when Off The Wall was out. It came out in 1979 so I would have been six years old. Probably in 1st grade. My older brother is three years older than me so he had the 45s from the album. There was a kid that lived down the street from me that had the whole album.

I remember when Thriller dropped. It came out in December 1982 and rocked all the way through 1983. I remember when the Motown 25 special came on and Mike did Billie Jean. That's all anybody talked about for a while. Then the Thriller video came out in the spring of 1984.

My point is that; you sound like an idiot calling me an idiot.

If you don't appreciate Eazy E's first album (which Ice Cube wrote some of the lyrics) then you are clueless

If you don't appreciate Straight Outta Compton then you are clueless

If you don't appreciate Amerikkka's Most Wanted then you are clueless

If you don't appreciate the Kill At Will EP then you are clueless

If you don't appreciate Death Certificate then you are clueless

If you don't appreciate The Predator then you are clueless

If you don't appreciate Lethal Injection then you are clueless.

Those albums were like catching lightning in a bottle. Cube was the #1 rapper/MC at one point, say from 90-93. His work ethic was official. There were a lot of New York MCs around that time, but they didn't drop an album every year like Cube was doing.

Seriously @Goldie, you should listen to those albums because you sound retarded saying that Amerikkkas Most Wanted is Cube's only classic.

Cube had the game on lock from 90-93 the same way Pac had the game on lock in 95 and 96 or the way Big had the game on lock from 94-97, or the way Jay had the game on lock from 97-2001, or the way Nas had the game on lock from 2001-2004.

My point is that Ice Cube had just as much impact as your favorite rapper, you just don't remember because you were in diapers drinking through a sippy cup while me and my homies were drinking 40s, smoking blunts and building on the day's mathematics.

Peace God.

Well guess what? I remember when Off The Wall was out. It came out in 1979 so I would have been six years old. Probably in 1st grade. My older brother is three years older than me so he had the 45s from the album. There was a kid that lived down the street from me that had the whole album.

I remember when Thriller dropped. It came out in December 1982 and rocked all the way through 1983. I remember when the Motown 25 special came on and Mike did Billie Jean. That's all anybody talked about for a while. Then the Thriller video came out in the spring of 1984.

If you don't appreciate Eazy E's first album (which Ice Cube wrote some of the lyrics) then you are clueless

Those albums were like catching lightning in a bottle. Cube was the #1 rapper/MC at one point, say from 90-93. His work ethic was official. There were a lot of New York MCs around that time, but they didn't drop an album every year like Cube was doing.

Seriously @Goldie, you should listen to those albums because you sound retarded saying that Amerikkkas Most Wanted is Cube's only classic.

Cube had the game on lock from 90-93 the same way Pac had the game on lock in 95 and 96 or the way Big had the game on lock from 94-97, or the way Jay had the game on lock from 97-2001, or the way Nas had the game on lock from 2001-2004.

My point is that Ice Cube had just as much impact as your favorite rapper, you just don't remember because you were in diapers drinking through a sippy cup while me and my homies were drinking 40s, smoking blunts and building on the day's mathematics.

Peace God.
Now you finally realize that East Coast Bias is real...lol

:mf2:

I'm always down for that funk. This that 90's party shit, I fucks with it. Reminds me of my days in the brougham with my shag carpets riding inertia on them corners. Disappointed he ain't have no real verses, but given the nature of the song, I'll over look that.

Peace God.

If you dont appreciate Three Six Mafia then you're an idiot

Back