Welcome To aBlackWeb

CNN Fires Marc Lamont Hill For Speaking The Truth About Israel...

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusive-cnn-fires-marc-lamont-hill-following-israel-comments/

CNN Fires Marc Lamont Hill Following Israel Comments

CNN severed ties with contributor Marc Lamont Hill on Thursday, following comments the university professor made about Israel and Palestine in a speech at the United Nations.

“Marc Lamont Hill is no longer under contract with CNN,” a CNN spokesperson told Mediaite.

Hill urged countries to boycott Israel in a speech on Wednesday, calling for a “free Palestine from the river to the sea.” His comments sparked an immediate backlash, with many noting “from the river to the sea” is a phrase used by Hamas and other anti-Israel terror groups. The phrase implies the replacement of Israel by a Palestine stretching from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea — though Hill disputes this characterization of his comments.

We have an opportunity to not just offer solidarity in words but to commit to political action, grass-roots action, local action and international action that will give us what justice requires and that is a free Palestine from the river to the sea,” Hill said in his speech.

His comments were condemned as anti-Semitic by the National Council of Young Israel and Anti-Defamation League.

More from his speech at the U.N.:

“Contrary to western mythology, black resistance to American apartheid did not come purely through Ghandi and nonviolence,” Hill said. “Rather, slave revolts and self-defense and tactics otherwise divergent from Dr. King or Mahatma Gandhi were equally important to preserving safety and attaining freedom. If we are to operate in true solidarity with the Palestinian people, we must allow the Palestinian people the same range of opportunity and political possibility. If we are standing in solidarity with the Palestinian people, we must recognize the right of an occupied people to defend itself. We must prioritize peace, but we must not romanticize or fetishize it. We must advocate and promote nonviolence at every opportunity, but we cannot endorse a narrow politics of respectability that shames Palestinians for resisting, for refusing to do nothing in the face of state violence and ethnic cleansing.”

Stay out of pale folk affairs

Feel for them people but that ain’t their land either for the most part

What happen when we step foot in other people shit. CNN a fuck ass network but ehhh

Start your own shit. CNN some clown first take shit anyway these days. Oh no, he don’t get to come on and argue with people about shit that leads to nothing

You come off as an ultra-simplistic thinker.

I mean, stop talking bout shit u ain't really invested in. Quoting phrases that sound good to you, get confronted on it. Then it's , that's not what I meant. Fuck u said if for ..don't appologize if you said it and meant it. If you didn't mean it..don't get involved in conversation about shit you don't really care about.

what are you talking about?
Saying free Palestine from the river to the sea, then being confronting on using that phrase as it is a phrase attributed to anti Israeli groups. Groups that feel israel is to be removed from Palestine by force. Then saying i don't agree to that, I mean through diplomacy. Then fam, articulate that shit or mean it. Cause you can articulate that shit and they can still be mad, but you meant what u said. Or don't say that shit at all

Let's be clear..ion care bout Israel or Palestine. I'm bothered by him appologizing for saying what he meant, or if he ain't mean it. He was just talking to be the militant black man on Cnn

Saying free Palestine from the river to the sea, then being confronting on using that phrase as it is a phrase attributed to anti Israeli groups. Groups that feel israel is to be removed from Palestine by force. Then saying i don't agree to that, I mean through diplomacy. Then fam, articulate that shit or mean it. Cause you can articulate that shit and they can still be mad, but you meant what u said. Or don't say that shit at all

That's about as far from an apology as you can get.

To me it seem like he got a stance, he said what he meant. Then from backfire came up off the severity in what he meant, though..he know that's what he meant. But...I'm jaded..so, you can be right too

@SKPJR you welcome to school me on the aspect of this I’m missing. I don’t have to go back n forth with dude cause I know his m.o. but you’re welcome to tell it from your perspective

I’d warn you I study history, so be sharp

I got lots more to learn so if you got a puzzle piece you think I’m missing, fill it in
Fuck Jim Crow Amerikkka
Fuck Apartheid South Africa
Fuck Zionist Israel

And if you cant see the commonality between the three than fuck you to. Is that sharp enough?

Last edited:
Back