Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Why is being old in hip hop frowned upon?

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
Anybody actually waiting on this shit, he another washed up rapper that should ride off into retirement. Old niggas have no reason to still be rapping

edit: He was talking about Lil Wayne in another thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Why

Hip Hop is the only genre where even the mature fanbase is like “nah b you old as fuck keep it moving”

You dont see this in any other genre and its sad as fuck

Hip hop is the only genre that gets it right, the fuck I wanna listen to an almost 40 year old popping pills and drinking lean. I'm not interested in old dope heads dropping a wack 16

Hip hop is also the only genre that doesn't embrace growing up/ maturing.

Niggas 40 still trying to dress like 20 yr olds
What should a 40yr rapper wear tho (real question)
Why

Hip Hop is the only genre where even the mature fanbase is like “nah b you old as fuck keep it moving”

You dont see this in any other genre and its sad as fuck

Hip hop is the only genre that gets it right, the fuck I wanna listen to an almost 40 year old popping pills and drinking lean. I'm not interested in old dope heads dropping a wack 16

Hip Hop has grown... Jay Z is damn near 50 years old still drop a great album last year...and he still once in awhile go down memory lane with his dope boy raps..

Last edited:
Hip hop has grown. Weezy been thru some shit. He got a legal age daughter who dates these young lil weezy clones. He got shit to talk about.

He won’t tho..

What should a 40yr rapper wear tho (real question)
I'm not saying you gotta be wearing cardigans and shit but look at a nigga like r.kelly wearing backpacks and shit as a fashion statement

Hip Hop has grown... Jay Z is damn near 50 years old still drop a great album last year...and he still once in awhile go down memory lane with his dope boy raps..

Jay is an anomaly, I don't expect that from anyone else. When it's time to be put out to pasture go quietly and don't fight it.

Hip hop is also the only genre that doesn't embrace growing up/ maturing.

Niggas 40 still trying to dress like 20 yr olds

Oh...you mean like every other genre of entertainers where they keep up with the current trends in fashion....

My problem comes when SOME of these dudes go overboard with it...

Naw...

Hip Hop has it all wrong...the reason these dudes dont wanna mature is because of fans like you....

Where even the “mature” heads are like “old ass nigga still rapping lol”

Shit is wack af

Naw...

Hip Hop has it all wrong...the reason these dudes dont wanna mature is because of fans like you....

Shit is wack af

Cut it out, if KRS dropped some shit now you wouldn't give it the time of day.

Oh...you mean like every other genre of entertainers where they keep up with the current trends in fashion....

My problem comes when SOME of these dudes go overboard with it...
Who do this in country?

I know you mess with Tye Tribbett, I don't never seen him dress like a freshman at college orientation

Cut it out, if KRS dropped some shit now you wouldn't give it the time of day.

Cause I never listened to KRS...when he was hot I was still in diapers bro. He aint in my generation of rappers.

Most of those guys from the 80s save maybe LL werent even making relevant music by the time I could really comprehend music for myself.

So of course im not checking for melle mel and them...

Who do this in country?

I know you mess with Tye Tribbett, I don't never seen him dress like a freshman at college orientation

Lol

Maybe i should have been more specific...

Keep up with the current trends according to thier culture. Country niggas been dressing the same since Billy Ray Cyrus fam. Lol

Tye is one that does it right...he not walking around looking like he jumped out of a page of Wordup! Magazine...but his style is current g...

He not overdoing it

Same with a lot of other artists...

Naw...

Shit is wack af

It’s called Adult Contemporary Hip Hop....lol

Biggie the GOAT but if he was still breathing I sure as hell wouldn't want to listen to him rap today. Hip hop has an expiration date, when you hit your 30's it's time to start the next phase of your life.

Lol

Maybe i should have been more specific...

Keep up with the current trends according to thier culture. Country niggas been dressing the same since Billy Ray Cyrus fam. Lol

Tye is one that does it right...he not walking around looking like he jumped out of a page of Wordup! Magazine...but his style is current g...

He not overdoing it

Same with a lot of other artists...
You proving my point about Tye lol

He dressed accordingly

Most of these niggas would still be wearing oversized averix jackets if they know they wouldn't get roasted to death

Back