Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dallas Officer Amber Guyger's trial for the murder of Botham Shem Jean begins (FOUND GUILTY)

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
In a news conference early Friday morning, Dallas Sgt. Warren Mitchell said the officer was heading home after working a full shift when she walked into an apartment unit she believed was her own.

After entering the unit, she was confronted by a 26-year-old man, identified by the medical examiner's office as Botham Shem Jean. At some point, the officer fired her weapon, hitting him, police said.

"Confronted" a man at peace in HIS OWN HOME and when he probably suspected she was an intruder... killed him. Not arrested.

She has not been arrested and her name has not been released.

1536340290421.jpg
The victim, Botham Shem Jean, was 26

Hmm....she's already being charged with manslaughter. That was quick af.

5b92b95fed54e.image.jpg

DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas police officer who shot and killed her neighbor and later explained she had mistaken his apartment for her own will be charged with manslaughter, the police chief said Friday.

It's not clear what the off-duty officer may have said to 26-year-old Botham Jean late Thursday or whether there was any interaction between the two before Jean was shot, police Chief U. Renee Hall said during a news conference.

"Right now there are more questions than there are answers," Hall said.

The officer called dispatch to report that she had shot the man, police said. She told responding officers that she believed the victim's apartment was her own when she entered it.

The responding officers administered first aid to Jean, a native of the Caribbean island country of St. Lucia who attended college in Arkansas and worked for accounting and consulting firm PwC. Jean, who was black, was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. Hall said the officer is white, but she didn't say whether investigators believe race was a factor in the shooting.

Police haven't released the name the officer, who had arrived home in-uniform and wasn't injured. She will be placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation, police said.

Authorities haven't said how the officer got into Jean's home, or whether his door was open or unlocked. The apartment complex is just a few blocks from Dallas' police headquarters.

At a Friday morning news conference, Sgt. Warren Mitchell acknowledged there are many questions about what happened that he couldn't answer.

"We still have a lot to do in this investigation. So there's a lot of information I understand you guys want but this is all we can give you at this time," Mitchell said.

When asked if anyone else had witnessed the shooting, Warren replied, "We have not spoken to anyone else at this time."

Residents of the apartment complex said they can access their units with a regular key or through a keypad code.

Two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.

"It was, like, police talk: 'Open up! Open up!'" 20-year-old Caitlin Simpson told The Dallas Morning News.

Yazmine Hernandez, 20, was studying with Simpson when they heard the commotion.

"We heard cops yelling, but otherwise had no idea what was going on," Hernandez said.

Jean grew up in St. Lucia and attended Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, where he often led campus worship services before graduating in 2016, the school said in a statement. That July, he went to work for PwC in risk assurance.

Police said they are conducting a joint investigation with the Dallas County district attorney's office.

———

Associated Press writers Jamie Stengle and David Warren contributed to this report.

there was obviously a prior relationship between the two.
maybe they were neighbors who had prior bad run-ins, maybe they were lovers and she got kicked to the curb....but one thing for sure, I'm not believing that BS she's selling.

Seriously how did she get into the apartment, and if the claim is she was drunk and didn't know, then does this become the "I'm drunk but I got behind the wheel of a car and therefore responsible for my actions drunk" or is it "I'm drunk and because of that I cannot give consent so not responsible for my actions drunk".

Inquiring minds want to know!

Damn

I’ve done this before too, came home drunk and tried to open a door on the 2nd floor instead of the 3rd but fortunately it was locked.

This story makes no sense to me. How did she get into his apartment? How did she not know she was in the wrong apartment? How did a simple mistake escalate to her shooting him?

I saw one report that said he opened the door and then she shot him. Don't know if that's been substantiated though

One of the more detailed articles I read was that his apartment was directly under hers. She was on the wrong floor, probably drunk... in fact, I would say she had to be. Anyways, she sticks her key in the door and sees it won’t turn. Instead of it becoming clearer to this dummy that she’s at the wrong apt, she keeps trying the key. The young man opens the door and this Bozo shoots him instantly.

One of the more detailed articles I read was that his apartment was directly under hers. She was on the wrong floor, probably drunk... in fact, I would say she had to be. Anyways, she sticks her key in the door and sees it won’t turn. Instead of it becoming clearer to this dummy that she’s at the wrong apt, she keeps trying the key. The young man opens the door and this Bozo shoots him instantly.
Big mama in the house..

Didn't this JUST happen a few months ago?

Oh yeah, the dude who played for the pelicans that was killed. Damn near verbatim

This reads like he was giving her the Mandingo recently dumped her for a black queen or cut her off she went to his apt either drunk or not tried to get back w him or asked why he dumped he told her to beat it she emotionally pulled out the hammer ...,body bagged him and we are here now

This reads like he was giving her the Mandingo recently dumped her for a black queen or cut her off she went to his apt either drunk or not tried to get back w him or asked why he dumped he told her to beat it she emotionally pulled out the hammer ...,body bagged him and we are here now

Are you joking or are you really adding all these speculative details as if it's a plausible theory?

Back