Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kobe Bryant turns $6 million sports drink investment into $200 million

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Kobe Bryant purchased a 10 percent stake in sports drink BodyArmor back in 2014. And you best believe he is thankful he did.

Mike Repole who also co-founded smartwater and vitaminwater, is marketed as “natural” and “healthy,” which has made it a Gatorade competitor.

Bryant made $323 million over the course of his career, according to Rovell’s report. The same day he launched his Kobe Inc. company back in 2014, he also invested in BodyArmor. He is not the only athlete to do so.

This is just another one of Bryant’s post-playing days successes. There was the launching of his production company, Granity Studios. There was the winning of the animated short Oscar in 2018 for his “Dear Basketball” film.

And now there is this — an investment that has multiplied more than 30 time

I know @Sion doesn't agree, but shit like this isn't impressive to me. It's not hard for people who are rich and famous to flip money into something bigger. That doesn't mean every rich person is good at it, but still...

Beyond 100 mil size begins to work against you. Lots of big corporations and banks have to find hundreds of billions in business to do in order to maintain growth but there aren't many places or companies you can do that with. Warren Buffett's returns arent nearly as good as when he was moving tens of millions and will continue to slow the bigger he gets.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm talking less about returns though and more about the opportunity and ability to capitalize off opportunities. I'm not some kinda financial genius, but I knew for sure that Google and Bitcoin would blow up when both were young. I didn't have the money to invest in either. Think about how rich I would be now if I had a million dollars back then to invest into Google.

Kobe Bryant purchased a 10 percent stake in sports drink BodyArmor back in 2014. And you best believe he is thankful he did.

Mike Repole who also co-founded smartwater and vitaminwater, is marketed as “natural” and “healthy,” which has made it a Gatorade competitor.

Bryant made $323 million over the course of his career, according to Rovell’s report. The same day he launched his Kobe Inc. company back in 2014, he also invested in BodyArmor. He is not the only athlete to do so.

This is just another one of Bryant’s post-playing days successes. There was the launching of his production company, Granity Studios. There was the winning of the animated short Oscar in 2018 for his “Dear Basketball” film.

And now there is this — an investment that has multiplied more than 30 time
Kobe making goat moves. Respect

Haha the bold is game, hindsight is 20/20 and that's the risk ppl take, errors of omission and the battle for perspective.

That's not really hindsight though. I wanted to invest in both Google and Bitcoin, but in one case I was a poor undergrad and the other case I was a poor grad student. My point is that some people out there did invest. They didn't have better insight than me. They simply had money and I didn't.

Back