Welcome To aBlackWeb

Another Drake Album Coming Soon?

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Drake's fresh off the release of his latest album, Scorpion. The project has been doing some serious numbers on the charts but what's more intriguing about the project is that he revealed this is possibly the last album he owes on his contract to Young Money/Cash Money. On "Side A" closer, "Is There More," he raps, " “Soon as this album drop I’m out of the deal." According to reports, he wasn't lying and on top of that, there is more.

Drake is reportedly a free-agent right now, as he stated on "Is There More. With that being said, it looks like he's looking for a new record label to call home. According to Variety, the rapper's has another "release" in the stash that'll drop when he announces his next record deal.

"A well-placed source tells Variety that when Drake signs his next deal, he’ll have another release ready to drop to accompany the news,” it reads in the article.

According to music attorney, Dina LaPolt, Drake's superstar status can negotiate a proper deal for himself.

“Drake has the bargaining power to negotiate a net profit split with the best deal terms and a humongous advance up front.” She said.

While it's unsure who these sources are or if there's actually a new "release" in the cut, we're excited to see what Drake has up his sleeve in the future. The rapper's previously alluded to meeting his contractual obligations with Cash Money, namely on If You're Reading This Its Too Late and More Life but neither of those seemed to be true since Scorpion was also released under Birdman's label. We'll keep you posted on more information on Drizzy's label situation.

Gonna be interesting to see what he does next for sure. The game watching.

lmao what?! 2 reasons this article is trash. 1. I doubt Drake would oversaturate himself THAT much. A double disc and then another album? Doubt it.

and then why would he be looking for a new label to sign to when he literally has his own label that has major distribution? That's hustling backwards.

I dont blame him.

Finish line in sight.

I look forward to hearing a drake that is no longer forced to make the music he has been forced into making.

Curious how it will turn out

I dont blame him.

Finish line in sight.

I look forward to hearing a drake that is no longer forced to make the music he has been forced into making.

Curious how it will turn out
While I agree, I also wonder if Drake already has complete creative control. You can tell he has a different deal than Wayne, Nicki, Tyga, etc. just from the amount of albums, "mixtapes" and "playlists" that he's dropped over the last 8 years. And there's never been a "Damn, Drake's next album is stuck in the bushes!" or the infamous Cash Money pushbacks where an artist says their album is coming about 4 times before it actually drops or they leave the label.

But hey, you never know what changing labels can do. MJ dropped Off The Wall after leaving Motown for Epic. Maybe Drake will be a bit more experimental or try to put out his best work when he knows he's the main one reaping the rewards of the hard work.

While I agree, I also wonder if Drake already has complete creative control. You can tell he has a different deal than Wayne, Nicki, Tyga, etc. just from the amount of albums, "mixtapes" and "playlists" that he's dropped over the last 8 years. And there's never been a "Damn, Drake's next album is stuck in the bushes!" or the infamous Cash Money pushbacks where an artist says their album is coming about 4 times before it actually drops or they leave the label.

But hey, you never know what changing labels can do. MJ dropped Off The Wall after leaving Motown for Epic. Maybe Drake will be a bit more experimental or try to put out his best work when he knows he's the main one reaping the rewards of the hard work.

You can tell he dont feel the shit he raps.

Dude has zero passion in his music.

He was happier as a mixtape artist.

You can tell he dont feel the shit he raps.

Dude has zero passion in his music.

He was happier as a mixtape artist.
True, but it's easy to miss the old days when you were grinding and had artistic freedom if you're making hits all the time and getting in the top 10 or 20 of the forbes list every year. Guarantee if Best I Ever Had was the peak of Drake's career he wouldn't be chilling in Toronto like "Damn, I'm so glad I didn't become a mega star. I can still make the kinda music I wanna make, even if I struggle to pay the rent some months..."

The grass is greener on the other side.

Male Drake Stans when they read that article..

2YQs.gif

oh, and I'm tired of this "are we getting another ____ album?!" right after an artist drops an album. First people thought Kendrick was dropping a second album after DAMN, then people thought Cole was dropping another album right after KOD, now this.

Back