Welcome To aBlackWeb

True or False: Did The South Ruin Hip Hop

True or False: Did The South Ruin Hip Hop

• Total voters

5th Letter

Mod Squad
This has long been a debate or discussion amongst hip hop heads, but did the south ruin hip hop? What say y’all?

5th you ain't slick
full-3_zpsobokmvw3.png

lug30zf.gif

We know hip-hop and rap and all that shit started in the
muthafuckin East
Knalmsayin? Then it went to the West coast and they did it a little bit better
Knalmsayin? But now it's our time to shine down here NIGGA!
Knalmsayin? So since y'all niggaz keep sayin we ain't real hip-hop down here
We don't wanna be down with you bitch ass niggaz!
So y'all stay up there with that BULLshit!
This country rap tunes down here nigga!
Young Pimp! Young Bun! Underground Kingz!
All the O.G.'s that's recognizing the real, I got love for y'all
But all you bitch ass niggaz talkin down in ya records, you can eat a DICK!

Lil Jon and his fuck boy friends started the decline and now it's what it is now, mumble mouth bastards running around everywhere. Crunk and snap music era had everyone putting out bullshit. Some of these lil fucks talking about they don't care about lyricism. Everybody wanna be a trap rapper, there was no originality coming outta there, it was all trash.

Then it reached a point of no return when this shit happened

GBeJcs.gif

Laffy Taffy definitely a low point in human history but I can't talk cause around that time we had Chicken Noodle Soup repping us out here.

I think the commercialization of rap is what "ruined hip hop"

And i think the east coast is to blame for that.

Can't disagree. It was gatekeepers in my city that gave the vultures the keys to the kingdom.

Lil Jon and his fuck boy friends started the decline and now it's what it is now, mumble mouth bastards running around everywhere. Crunk and snap music era had everyone putting out bullshit. Some of these lil fucks talking about they don't care about lyricism. Everybody wanna be a trap rapper, there was no originality coming outta there, it was all trash.

GBeJcs.gif
I’ll never forget the thread on the IC when this song came out. A nigga said Laffy Taffy is a shit on hip hop lol.

The Tradational Boom Bap New York City Hip Hop Sound & Culture died at the end of 2006 ... as Nasir Jones did the sermon with this classic album.... From 1973 - 2006 is the Old Testament of Hip Hop
11AF17C8-BE9A-4658-98D5-C0EA79AAE5E0.jpeg

From 2007 and currently Hip Hop has evolved production and sonically... Atlanta is currently where the Hip Hop Culture lives ... The South did not kill Hip Hop ... New York City Hip Hop just Self Destruct... we are currently in the New Testament of Hip Hop and Atlanta leds the pave in the road of Hip Hop

The south has played a major part in the evolution of hiphop and has birthed much greatness and a few legends.

The millennial kids'/babies' demographic have ruined and are continuously ruining hiphop culture. They don't even respect or know the history of hiphop culture.

Exactly what DJ Paul said and he from the South..

Not respecting and knowing history is definitely a factor. Last generation in our culture to really know and respect the ledge was probably the one right afte mine (I'm 34). These kids now though....wooo!

It's sad too cause you can't know where to take something next unless you've known where it's been.

This is why rock and jazz for the longest time had the best younger artists because those young ones were always mindful and aware of what their predeccessors did.

There's many reasons, it mainly comes down to the business/money.

Record execs kept signing niggas solely because they sound like the nigga who's hot at the time.

Internet game fucked it up, allowing lil niggas to make music from home without real producers (not beat makers), a&r's. Shit A&R's are nonexistent in hiphop these days.

The list goes on.

It is. You may not like it. Most of us don't but it is. I mean would you say that Young MC wasn't hip hop? Difference is back then even the hackneyed shit had some merit cause there was respect behind it.

Hip Hop is MCing, DJing, Grafitti and Breakdancing.

When I was coming up in the 80s Rappers had dancers and every MC had a DJ. Sometimes a rapper would have a song on his album just talking about his DJ. When's the last time you heard a rapper talk about his DJ?

When's the last time you saw a video with dancing?

GBeJcs.gif
Talk to em Chi Talk to em
noah-clap1.gif

Back