Welcome To aBlackWeb

Braids and Appropriation in America: A Documentary

Golden

Administrator

Feat. Lupita Nyongo, Karreuche, Young M.A and a bunch of braiders as well as historians.

Super informative. Goes into the history, the economics of black beauty and hair culture, pop culture and the communal side of it.

Post your memories of getting your hair braided!

This was dope, thanks for sharing...

I never did anything that was the norm growing up. All of the girls were wearing micros or crochet (ugh) braids.

All I wanted to do was look like my mom. She used to wear the big Nefertiti braids, so I did the same.

Lol damn hair was bigger than my head in 6th grade... Worst style was the big braid crown that wrapped around my head so many times that I'm positive I looked like a spinning top from above.

The after braid crinkles were the best, tho...

This was dope, thanks for sharing...

I never did anything that was the norm growing up. All of the girls were wearing micros or crochet (ugh) braids.

All I wanted to do was look like my mom. She used to wear the big Nefertiti braids, so I did the same.

Lol damn hair was bigger than my head in 6th grade... Worst style was the big braid crown that wrapped around my head so many times that I'm positive I looked like a spinning top from above.

The after braid crinkles were the best, tho...
Your mom was beautiful and so are you.

Nefertiti braids like braids in an updo?
fbc84b2a76aafae9edfe56785e7c6303.jpg

I also posted something in the black excellence thread about how slaves used cornrows as a map to freedom, lemme find it

This is making me wanna find DIYable cornrow styles. I keep tryna find beginner friendly ones but they all too difficult.

Back