Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spoke to soon. Shit was eerily realistic

Life I wonder, if it’ll take me under.....Idk......

Episode had me in my feelings. My dad bought me a Tommy Hilfiger jersey in 9th grade and I switched to Algebra midway through the year, and they were in there on my head like, "Check his tag! Tommy don't make jerseys!" And I had no idea wtf was going on or know shit about knockoff clothes. Clothes were just clothes up until that point, but I learned you were lame as fuck if you were black and wore Wranglers but it didn't matter what you wore as a white kid. Saddest, sorriest shit in the world in retrospect how that topic was hot for at least a month until confirmation came down from high that it was real.

Why is this.

Whats the root of this?
The root is the idea that material items make us black folks better. That's why we're the biggest consumers in this country: we get sold on the idea that this brand makes us better, so we quest for it. I got friends who work at goddamn Enterprise be on snap and IG looking flyer than your favorite rapper and ain't even got bed frames.

Then you look at our millionaire musicians and shit: Bugatti outright said they didn't want rappers/hip hop types in their shit in open display of reverse psychology and who went and bought all the "rare" hyped shit? High school was just a conditioning ground to turn us into creatures like that.
Man, Wranglers tight as fuck

I was packing as a shorty so that was a no go for me, idk about anyone else
Yeeeeeah I don't know about all that, but the shits I and other dudes had were as loose as Levi's and looser than them ultra tight Tommy's, but the minute a nigga shirt came up and that logo was seen it was "Ooooh! He got on Wranglers! Hahahaha!"

Bino aligns ATLs seasons w/ Kanye albums

During the Emmys' FYC screening and panel for Atlanta on Friday, Donald Glover shed some light on the expectations for season three of the critically-acclaimed FX series. "I align the seasons I think, to me, like Kanye records," Glover said, per IndieWire. "I feel like this is our ‘Graduation.’ This is probably our most accessible but also the realest — an honest version of it — and I feel like the most enjoyable, like the third album."

Atlanta aligning itself with Kanye albums isn't new information. The show's writer and executive producer Stephen Glover and director Hiro Murai said prior to the premiere of Robbin' Season that the second installment of the series that they would compare it to Late Registration, which also happened to be 'Ye's sophomore album. What is telling about Glover's remarks is the way he describes Graduation, and how it will translate to the overall tone of Atlanta's third season.

Following what many considered to be a much darker season, Atlanta appears to be going back to the formula that drew audiences in for season one. Stephen Glover adds that the show's long leash to get as experimental as they want is what excites them as they begin working on season three. "What’s exciting to me is that we can do almost anything… And also, all the writers are very excited to try to top themselves," he said.

A "most enjoyable" outlook for season three is great news, especially if Atlanta continues to a fourth season, which will probably get considerably darker again based on the albums by Kanye scale. West's fourth album was 808s & Heartbreak.

Bino aligns ATLs seasons w/ Kanye albums

During the Emmys' FYC screening and panel for Atlanta on Friday, Donald Glover shed some light on the expectations for season three of the critically-acclaimed FX series. "I align the seasons I think, to me, like Kanye records," Glover said, per IndieWire. "I feel like this is our ‘Graduation.’ This is probably our most accessible but also the realest — an honest version of it — and I feel like the most enjoyable, like the third album."

Atlanta aligning itself with Kanye albums isn't new information. The show's writer and executive producer Stephen Glover and director Hiro Murai said prior to the premiere of Robbin' Season that the second installment of the series that they would compare it to Late Registration, which also happened to be 'Ye's sophomore album. What is telling about Glover's remarks is the way he describes Graduation, and how it will translate to the overall tone of Atlanta's third season.

Following what many considered to be a much darker season, Atlanta appears to be going back to the formula that drew audiences in for season one. Stephen Glover adds that the show's long leash to get as experimental as they want is what excites them as they begin working on season three. "What’s exciting to me is that we can do almost anything… And also, all the writers are very excited to try to top themselves," he said.

A "most enjoyable" outlook for season three is great news, especially if Atlanta continues to a fourth season, which will probably get considerably darker again based on the albums by Kanye scale. West's fourth album was 808s & Heartbreak.
I love Donald Glover

tumblr_odhdktBClL1u242soo6_250.gif
tumblr_odhdktBClL1u242soo1_250.gif

tumblr_odhdktBClL1u242soo2_250.gif
tumblr_odhdktBClL1u242soo3_250.gif

tumblr_odhdktBClL1u242soo4_250.gif
tumblr_odhdktBClL1u242soo5_250.gif

No season 3 until 2020 it seems smh

Donald Glover’s “Atlanta” won’t be returning for its highly anticipated third season in 2019, which means the comedy categories at the upcoming Emmy Awards just got a little more open. FX executives John Landgraf and John Solberg confirmed the delay while addressing press at the Television Critics Association critics tour

I don’t know whether we’ll have ‘Atlanta’ or not,” Landgraf said. “The writers are back working right now, thank God.”

Solberg added that whenever “Atlanta” does return “it won’t be for this Emmy cycle.” This cutoff date for this year’s Emmys is May 31, 2019, so we know at the very least “Atlanta” will not return to television before that date. With writing currently underway and production most likely beginning later this year, a 2020 release for Season 3 seems most likely at this point.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/atlanta-season-3-delayed-skips-emmys-1202041143/

No season 3 until 2020 it seems smh

Donald Glover’s “Atlanta” won’t be returning for its highly anticipated third season in 2019, which means the comedy categories at the upcoming Emmy Awards just got a little more open. FX executives John Landgraf and John Solberg confirmed the delay while addressing press at the Television Critics Association critics tour

I don’t know whether we’ll have ‘Atlanta’ or not,” Landgraf said. “The writers are back working right now, thank God.”

Solberg added that whenever “Atlanta” does return “it won’t be for this Emmy cycle.” This cutoff date for this year’s Emmys is May 31, 2019, so we know at the very least “Atlanta” will not return to television before that date. With writing currently underway and production most likely beginning later this year, a 2020 release for Season 3 seems most likely at this point.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/atlanta-season-3-delayed-skips-emmys-1202041143/

The cast went on and started doing bigger things

Yeah i think Donald has kind of a unique deal with FX similar to the Sunny guys and Larry David at HBO.

A lot of shows, especially network shows will be renewed and given a date to start production and an air date. I think his deal is more of a "Make it when you can, just release it through us." type of thing.

Back