Welcome To aBlackWeb

Paintball Wars breaking out in hoods across the US and 21 Savage is to blame

GOAT

šŸ
1525282404637-Screen-Shot-2018-05-02-at-13251-PM.png

In Milwaukee, cops responded to 65 reports of folks getting hit with paintballs in the last week, according to the Journal Sentinel. Meanwhile, cops in Detroit received 95 paintball-related calls over just one week, and police in Charlotte, North Carolina, have gotten more than 150 calls since January. Cops in Atlanta confiscated more than 7,500 paintball rounds and nine guns when they broke up a war earlier this month.

According to police, the whole fiasco began with none other than 21 Savage, who's credited with starting what's known as "paintballs up, guns down." Apparently, the idea is to cut back on gun violence by encouraging people to mess around with paintball guns insteadā€”but, obviously, it's not working out all that great. Aside from all the houses and cars getting covered in paint, some people are actually getting injuredā€”and according to the cops, the wars might have claimed at least two lives.

"He started the movement in an effort to stop the shootings in the inner cities,ā€ Melissa Franckowiak, a sergeant with the Milwaukee Police Department, said at a news conference Monday. "Itā€™s kind of morphed into something other than what he anticipated, I think. Now these kids have been shooting unsuspecting citizens as opposed to their friends during these paintball wars."

In early April, a group of paintballers unloaded on a 15-year-old kid at an Atlanta gas station, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Ticked off and covered in paint, he allegedly grabbed a real handgun and fired at the cars that had ambushed himā€”accidentally striking and killing a three-year-old inside. (21 Savage ended up paying for the funeral.) A few weeks later, police found a 19-year-old in Greensboro shot to death in a car that was splattered with paint, in what police claim was a killing connected to the city's paintball war, FOX 8 reports.

It's not entirely clear if 21 Savage actually coined the phrase "paintballs up, guns down," but he's been flooding social media with footage of himself shooting paintball guns for weeks. One day, he'll be driving around with a car full of the things; the next, he's apparently unloading on Blac Chyna's boyfriend's car, or waging an all-out paintball war outside a club.

Cops across the country have started to crack down on the wars, making at least six arrests in Detroit, four in Charlotte, and issuing a citywide warning in Milwaukee to put a stop to the fights.

We would have paintball wars all the time when i was a teen. Usually in parks and what not though. Fucking had one in the winter time.. That wasnt a very wise decision on our part. Fucking paintballs froze and were like little rocks. wouldnt even explode just bounced off you.

I already knew that shit was gonna start in dc before u posted the video smh

Yes.

Some idiots shot a car at a gas station and they returned fire w/ real guns.

There are at least 2 deaths linked to paintball wars so far.

These people keep playing dumb ass games and they keep winning dumb ass prizes.

Doing that shit among your friends is cool but when you do that shit to a stranger you what you get.

I feel no remorse at all for those who died because they hit a complete stranger with paintballs.

Fucked up what happened to that lil child though they were innocent in the whole thing.

We would have paintball wars all the time when i was a teen. Usually in parks and what not though. Fucking had one in the winter time.. That wasnt a very wise decision on our part. Fucking paintballs froze and were like little rocks. wouldnt even explode just bounced off you.

Yep, I made the mistake of going to the paintball range with some fools that accidentally left the paintballs out in the freezing cold. Nigga looked like a dalmation with all those bruises the next day.

On topic, this craziness would have been a small price to pay if it actually led to fewer gun deaths, but we know reality doesn't work that way.

These people keep playing dumb ass games and they keep winning dumb ass prizes.

Doing that shit among your friends is cool but when you do that shit to a stranger you what you get.

I feel no remorse at all for those who died because they hit a complete stranger with paintballs.

Fucked up what happened to that lil child though they were innocent in the whole thing.

Why do you think using a real firearm is justified when you're shot with paintballs?

Why do you think using a real firearm is justified when you're shot with paintballs?

I didn't say it was justified I just fully understand that type of response and don't have a problem with it.

Shit ain't a fucking game out here. Strangers just can't be walking up on people shooting them with paintballs. Then if someone shoot them with a real gun just start talking about they was only playing. Well the person who shot your dumb ass wasn't playing. Moral of the story play that shit with people who also playing with you.

Leave people who you don't know the fuck alone. Shit ain't that hard to understand

So they aren't gonna elaborate on the 15 year hitting a 3 yr old with stray? Or the fools riding round shooting people with paintballs with a 3 yr old in car?

Back