Welcome To aBlackWeb

TI and Gucci Debate Over Who Made Trap Muzik

Who Created Trap Muzik

• Total voters
I would argue Ghetto Mafia are the God fathers of trap music, their style is really what todays trap music is based off of.

Gucci (and Jeezy to an extent) really started the movement or genre of Trap music. T.I had a rap album with trapping subject matter. Two different things

Last edited:
To be clear on who created "Trap Music"

I'd give that to A-Dam-Shame and Ghetto Mafia. They coined that term on wax and even had songs with the name "Trap" in it. They came out a few/several years before and but they were pretty much regional.

Besides that, Tip put the word Trap on a national level. "Dope Boyz (in the Trap)" on I'm Serious and of course "Trap Muzik". Thats irrefutable IMO.

But like Chi said I feel like Jeezy AND Gucci (producers Shawty Redd, Zay and Mike Will (long before Mike Will Made It was even a tag)) gave Trap it's sound @ it's core.

The question is open ended and not an easy one to answer @ the end of the day.

I would argue Ghetto Mafia are the God fathers of trap music, their style is really what todays trap music is based off of.

Gucci (and Jeezy to an extent) really started the movement or genre of Trap music. T.I had a rap album with trapping subject matter. Two different things

@Your FLyness

We're essentially saying the same thing!

TI didn't invent the term trap,but he coined and capitalized on it

I define trap music as uniquely Atlanta and trapping in a one way in and one way out apt complex

we have widened the meaning

Just rapping about hustling is not trap music though.

while ppl like Big boi,Ghetto Mafia,Cool Breeze,and a few others may have mentioned trapping or talked about hustling in Atlanta it was never a focus

TI invented trap music and everybody else after him copied him

Jeezy,shawty Lo,Gucci,Ross,even yung joc and numerous other niggas

Dopeboys in the trap was on I'm Serious but blew up after the album in the mixtape circuit

That song is the prototype for where Tip went on Trap Music.

Last edited:
TI gave it a lane

Jeezy gave it a sound

Everyone else fell in line.

TI the spearhead tho imo

Truth be told I never heard of Gucci until the internet. No one I knew was playing Gucci back then now everyone wanna act like they been on. Samething happened with Wayne, UGK, Cole......

that had to be due to your location, assuming chicago, at the time. I was stationed near savannah when icy came out and folks been bumping him evert since. Jeezy had the lane on lock for a while but Gucci sheer volume of work allowed him to quicky pass the snowman.

I think Ive heard cool breeze, kast, and ghetto mafia all say trap before though. the term is not common around my way though

ok...so much bullshit

the example he used about little richie and chuck berry was right but wrong...they get the credit b/c NO ONE was doing it before them

So Icey Gucci Mane wasnt making no "trap" music then. Jeezy and TI were

NOW, Gucci was better at cultivating talent, yes...so he gets it right when he says there are a lot of artists he's influenced.

As far as the thread, TI may have had an album called trap muzik but that shit wasnt the trap imo

When I think of trap music

1. Gucci
2. Jeezy
3. T.I

T.I dont have a "Bricks", or a "swing my door"
Ahem. Rubberband man was the trap anthem.

Back