Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official DCU Thread

it's about the execution tho. They tried copying Marvel before and all we got out of that was a rush of them killing off superman..a so-so wonder woman movie.. no solo batman film... a rushed ass bum ass justice league..Aquaman AFTER the fact.. lol and then a do-over of their rushed ass justice league
Copying Marvels strategy wasn't an issue. It was that they were so far behind Marvel and wanted to do collab movies when they never even set the foundation

Planning things out like this would actually help them IMO

Chill Du they said they gonna make a 10 year plan for DC that you can start to enjoy when you’re 46
I'll believe it when I see it.

They just fucking over the characters at this point. No one is gonna care. They're long losing their appeal.

The new Batman movie was actually a good movie, but I could care less about it. Just not invested no more.

I keep saying using deeper characters in the bat family will help world build. But what they do develope and trash a Batgirl movie. Tank batwoman on WB. Tease some other teeny ass show. And now I'm hearing rumors about the rest of the shows from DC are about to get canned

Titans, doom patrol, and Harley Quinn

3 decent enough shows with decent enough casting that could really benefit from an upgrade in production and screenplay writing. Tightly adapt some classic story lines and actually execute the finales....

You could universe build from Titans. You can bring back swamp thing. Constantine since legends is cancelled.

Like they had some good mixed up in the bad. James Gunn with The suicide squad and peacemaker show... brilliant.... Bringing back Afleck and Cavil is good..... The plans about a Arkham TV series on HBO max is good. The long awaited GL.corps show.....

But once again everything is being scraped to start all over.... For like what? The 4th time?

I just can't see myself getting excited about the shit no more

Just imsginr being Michael Keaton. Man that fucking sucks. Waited my whole life for the return of 89 Batman and out of any 2 movies they were going to use him it had to be the most tainted ones.

I'll believe it when I see it.

They just fucking over the characters at this point. No one is gonna care. They're long losing their appeal.

The new Batman movie was actually a good movie, but I could care less about it. Just not invested no more.

I keep saying using deeper characters in the bat family will help world build. But what they do develope and trash a Batgirl movie. Tank batwoman on WB. Tease some other teeny ass show. And now I'm hearing rumors about the rest of the shows from DC are about to get canned

Titans, doom patrol, and Harley Quinn

3 decent enough shows with decent enough casting that could really benefit from an upgrade in production and screenplay writing. Tightly adapt some classic story lines and actually execute the finales....

You could universe build from Titans. You can bring back swamp thing. Constantine since legends is cancelled.

Like they had some good mixed up in the bad. James Gunn with The suicide squad and peacemaker show... brilliant.... Bringing back Afleck and Cavil is good..... The plans about a Arkham TV series on HBO max is good. The long awaited GL.corps show.....

But once again everything is being scraped to start all over.... For like what? The 4th time?

I just can't see myself getting excited about the shit no more
Cavill being back was a false rumor.

The Penguin prequel might get the ✂️ too now that I think about it

I'm solely in the show and prove mood....

If it's good it's good... But they ain't getting me excited for no first day watches no more. I honestly don't know what kinda shit can turn it around at this point. Just cut DC loose and put your money into other intellectual properties.

But they won't do that ... Cuz it's too much money.

Them thinking they can string together a 10 year movie plan at this point is retarded. That time has passed

You can’t even roll Joaquin’s joker into the batman

Bruce was a kid in the joker lol
And Pattinson is playing a younger Batman. Lets say Bruce is 10 in Joker and 30 now. Joker could have been 30 in Joker and 50 during The Batman (Jaoquin is 47 now).

Maybe he put Joker in Arkham in his first year as Batman on a lucky fluke or because Joker wanted to go in there as part of a bigger play.

Either way, they could make it work.

And if they can’t, use The Batman to start the universe building. You already got 3 of his rogues in that one movie.

By the way, I re-watched The Batman on my flight, and that shit is a beautifully done movie. The score, the acting, the plot, etc. were all done very well. Pattinson is my favorite Batman, yeah I said it.

The only part I still didn’t like was how much of an incel Riddler was. Would have liked him to be as menacing looking outside of the mask as in it. Minor gripe though.

I'm solely in the show and prove mood....

If it's good it's good... But they ain't getting me excited for no first day watches no more. I honestly don't know what kinda shit can turn it around at this point. Just cut DC loose and put your money into other intellectual properties.

But they won't do that ... Cuz it's too much money.

Them thinking they can string together a 10 year movie plan at this point is retarded. That time has passed
Damn yo I feel for you

FC6C9C52-7371-4D51-949E-C1372935858E.png

By the way, I re-watched The Batman on my flight, and that shit is a beautifully done movie. The score, the acting, the plot, etc. were all done very well. Pattinson is my favorite Batman, yeah I said it.

The only part I still didn’t like was how much of an incel Riddler was. Would have liked him to be as menacing looking outside of the mask as in it. Minor gripe though.
Agreed tho im still a Keaton guy but easily my fav Batman movie all around. The score is so fucking good.

And Pattinson is playing a younger Batman. Lets say Bruce is 10 in Joker and 30 now. Joker could have been 30 in Joker and 50 during The Batman (Jaoquin is 47 now).

Maybe he put Joker in Arkham in his first year as Batman on a lucky fluke or because Joker wanted to go in there as part of a bigger play.

Either way, they could make it work.

And if they can’t, use The Batman to start the universe building. You already got 3 of his rogues in that one movie.
Yeah that’s a cool workaround admittedly

Back