Welcome To aBlackWeb

What’s the 3 worst jobs you’ve had?

Working for 5linx. I really thought I was about to be diamond level and on some entrepreneur sht lmao

1. Worked at Duane Reade (Walgreens) back in college. Was making minimum wage and standing on my feet for 8hrs. When I say my feet were on fire, they were on fire. They had me started out doing stock then had me doing cashier. I only did it for a summer, manager was tight when I told him I was quitting to go back to school for fall semester.

2. Worked at a health dept as a data entry clerk through a temp agency. Got paid minimum wage. Job kept extending my tenure instead of hiring me permanently, I was holding out that they would make me permanent but it never happened. They pretty much were dangling the carrot in front of me while had me working on high profile projects. Quit after I approached my 3rd year

3. Worked at a legal tech firm. Hours were crazy. Worked from 4pm-12am. Took me longer to get home because the subways would slow down after midnight and stop at every stop. Then when I got off my stop I had to wait for the bus which came every 45min, so if bus wasn’t there, I had to walk home which was a 30 min walk. Wasn’t getting home until like 230am. I started stopping by my parents house instead cause it was a shorter ride and sleeping there instead. Stayed at that job for 2-3 months

Fixed rate natural gas sales - 19-20yrs old - I was actually pretty good at this and me and one dude I was working with were so good they ended up giving us our own subsection way north of the city filled with new home owners who had never even heard of that shit yet and easy takes. But doing that shit in Canadian winter was something else tho. They were about to give me and dude our own team that we'd also get commissions off but dude went off the rails and ended up in a mental hospital. He was bipolar. Seen him a few years back he was doing okay. After this I jumped into the security industry and haven't looked back since.

I did that shit for direct energy for a couple of months. We were smoking blunts in the van before we went door to door. People were forging applications to get their sales up.

Shit was wild.

I did that shit for direct energy for a couple of months. We were smoking blunts in the van before we went door to door. People were forging applications to get their sales up.

Shit was wild.

Lmaooooo. I worked for Superior Energy.

Freshman year of college worked a canvassing job. 80 dollars a day M-F. 100 on Saturdays for like 6 hours of work. Freshman year that’s easy money. A Van used to be parked on campus in Queens then they would drop us off in neighborhoods in Long Island.
First day I’m on some I’m gonna actually do the job and knock on doors and shit. First like 30 mins I get mostly no thank yous and whatnot. Then this small old jewish dude answers the door. Duke like 5’1. So I go on and read the long ass script they gave us. Dude waits for me to finish all of it and then goes “who said I wanted to hear all that shit!” and slams the door.
Dog I wanted to kick this nigga door down. Like he could’ve stopped me 10 seconds into the shit lol. Then from that point on I didn’t go to any more homes. Just would find a place to post up until the van came back. So in that sense it wasn’t that bad but that one experience had me heated lol.

Only other cheeks job I had was at this laundromat. Black owned and shit woman prob in her 60’s. Lil easy job for some side cash. Shift first starts. Nicest lady ever. Then she started bugging just yelling at me and shit lmaoooo. I was like nah I gotta get outta here. Quit that shit that day. Grand opening grand closing.
At the underline, legit laughing. That dude gave you hope. He didnt interrupt your speech and gave you hope he might be interested. Then he snatched that hope away, got rude, and shut the door in your face. Loooooool

Arbys was my first job. Straight out of highschoool. I would be going to college soon after but wanted to make some money before I went. Honestly it was terrible. Food industry just wasnt for me. I quit once college semester started. Was there for it think 3 months.

Worst job might be IT call center. I learned a lot and it was a stepping stone to where im at now but man I hated it. Im someone that has to be active and be able to move. Staying at a desk where you are timed for your calls, management sits at the back of the room so they can see everything. Gotta ask to go to the restroom or break. They were 24/7 so it was easy to make up hours you missed. On the phone talking with users about computer issues. Hearing people complain or ask for help for 8 hours is soul killing. I worked the day shift so of course it was the most busy. When there was an outage at a site, you get mad calls about the same issue. Gotta create tickets. If when I knew how to solve certain issues, management would want us to kick it to desktop support. They didnt want us to be on the phone for to long.

One day, I woke up and said I dont want to do this anymore. Said it to myself. That happened to be the day I got rewarded employee of the quarter. They offered me a chance to move up to desktop support. I said yes immediately. Got the job and started working in DC.

Call centers are the worst in my opinion

Processing garbage. Garbage that contained medical waste and other filth. You go in there thinking it's paper, plastic, and glass you're going to be handling but soon find yourself in front of a conveyor belt handling the city's garbage. I did about five hours and bounced.
Yeah just the smell alone would destroy my stomach iont see how u did it lls

Arbys was my first job. Straight out of highschoool. I would be going to college soon after but wanted to make some money before I went. Honestly it was terrible. Food industry just wasnt for me. I quit once college semester started. Was there for it think 3 months.

Worst job might be IT call center. I learned a lot and it was a stepping stone to where im at now but man I hated it. Im someone that has to be active and be able to move. Staying at a desk where you are timed for your calls, management sits at the back of the room so they can see everything. Gotta ask to go to the restroom or break. They were 24/7 so it was easy to make up hours you missed. On the phone talking with users about computer issues. Hearing people complain or ask for help for 8 hours is soul killing. I worked the day shift so of course it was the most busy. When there was an outage at a site, you get mad calls about the same issue. Gotta create tickets. If when I knew how to solve certain issues, management would want us to kick it to desktop support. They didnt want us to be on the phone for to long.

One day, I woke up and said I dont want to do this anymore. Said it to myself. That happened to be the day I got rewarded employee of the quarter. They offered me a chance to move up to desktop support. I said yes immediately. Got the job and started working in DC.

Call centers are the worst in my opinion
Damn it’s good that they acknowledged you, but I haven’t been to a call center before I hear nothing but bad things about it

I worked at mcdonalds in high school.

It wasnt that bad tbh....IF YOU WERE NOT WORKING THE GRILL!!!

That grill was hot as fuck.

I worked there for bout 6 months. They caught me sneak eating a mc nugget n tried to write me up. I quit on da spot.

"You gone write me up for eating 1 fuckin nugget bruh?! Imma outta here."

Damn it’s good that they acknowledged you, but I haven’t been to a call center before I hear nothing but bad things about it
The people are worked with were cool and management were cool. Just not my type of work environment. I needed to be able to move around when ever I want. I also dont like all my movements clocked.

Back