Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Love after Lockup

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
per the recommendation of @westie, i started watching this

Im skeptical af when it comes to reality tv these days. I think 95% of its scripted, but this was just TOO much.

I saw the pilot (below) and while it may have scripted elements, there are still things i think that can be taken from it to have a discussion.

I hope you can watch some of the video just to get some context, but this was interesting af imo.

Do any of you, fellas or ladies think you can have a relationship with someone jail, in hopes of having a life with them upon release?

The trailer had me dying man. You're right, you can tell it's scripted. And sending 20 grand to somebody you've never met in life is beyond crazy imo. I'm not doin no #PrisonBae shit.

the thing is, while i think the show is scripted, there are documented instances where that stuff has happened...maybe not to the tune of $20k, but definitely putting money on people's books and shit

I think the biggest thing i took away from the episode i caught was that the desire for companionship is very real not matter what walk of life you come from.

jail relationships are about as strong as they were on the outside....

it's a lot tougher to fix shit because of the strain to communication, but if a person is dedicated, they're dedicated.

I've seen some serious ride or die folk for their s/o while they were locked up...

and i seen a lotta folk just completely not give a fuck.... but more times than not those were the relationships that were shaky from the start.....

also what they did to get ocked has a big impact on it........

fuck the show, but people do this all the time

niggas get out and have a whole pen pal from Kansas pick em up with hopes of getting married and opening a restaurant lol

some places where its legal, they get married while they're still locked up

everybody needs somebody, whether you're a dumb hopeless romantic or a nigga tryna get on his feet

fuck the show, but people do this all the time

niggas get out and have a whole pen pal from Kansas pick em up with hopes of getting married and opening a restaurant lol

some places where its legal, they get married while they're still locked up

everybody needs somebody, whether you're a dumb hopeless romantic or a nigga tryna get on his feet
right

which is crazy to me

do you think they are preying on these people's emotions?

Word thats the wrong bitch to take advice from this nigga but to be a bra burning feminist
GNS...fam...i'ma tell you this one time

I LIKE WOMEN...you need to stop stalking my posts fam

shit aint the wave

if you not gon add nothing to the convo, why you in here??

right

which is crazy to me

do you think they are preying on these people's emotions?

just depends on the person

I cant say everybody has ill intentions, but a lot do

I mean you're at rock bottom, and most likely dont have family holding you down like that

some really just need somebody to talk to, to get some type of understanding and affection from

you cant tell somebody else on the inside about how you feel in there.....THEY KNOW

so I could definitely see how some type of real connection can be made thru that type of obstacle

I just think its rare for both parties to be on the same page about it once the one on lock is released

If I were single,
And I knew the person before they went in then yes. But to meet while they were in and wait and start when they got out.. probably not. I used to visit a friend at Rose M. Singer and there were a lot of beautiful women in there but I never chatted them up.

My Bretheren met his wife while they were both locked up. She got out first and waited 3 to 4 years for him to get out. They got married had a bunch of kids and were happy. Until he got caught up again and is now doing another 10. She is not waiting this time.

My Bretheren met his wife while they were both locked up. She got out first and waited 3 to 4 years for him to get out. They got married had a bunch of kids and were happy. Until he got caught up again and is now doing another 10. She is not waiting this time.
hard out here, this prison love

Back