Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn... I didn't know just how cheap it is to get an Azure cert. Free self-paced training and only $100 for the test. I took a look 'cause one of my clients asked me to check into it 'cause he's moving all of his clients to Azure and he's going to need someone that can fuck with it.

Same for AWS Cloud Practitioner; free self paced training, $100 for the cert. Another one of my clients has all his shit in AWS.

Now I'm mad 'cause I coulda BEEN done had these shits.

One of my homies that I work with at my new company are both studying for the Azure certs
We’ve done the little prelim AZ-900 and we’re both almost done with the Az-104 for admins.
I’m not sure what to study after that as I want to make better money so I might hold off and look for a job in the field.

One of my homies that I work with at my new company are both studying for the Azure certs
We’ve done the little prelim AZ-900 and we’re both almost done with the Az-104 for admins.
I’m not sure what to study after that as I want to make better money so I might hold off and look for a job in the field.

When I took the Azure 900 exam, it was for $15 because of Covid so I’m not sure if that option is still available but see if it is

Hey guys hope all is well. I'm starting to make my rounds with the forum again. Let me know if there is a topic you would like to talk about

Guess I will start…

Currently doing the google IT support certification. Yea yea I know it’s easy and not something that will make me stand out but I just need something for my current job since I’m gonna move into IT within the next few months. After that, it’s security+, azure (again) and CCNA. Hoping I can do all this by the end of the year

I read the list.

They are right about everything except Java.

Idc what anyone says about the limitations of Java when Java has the highest marketshare by far.

Learn Java, learn C# (the two are almost identitical btw), and you are good to go.

It was legit but the job was to install cables and shit and they wanted someone with experience despite the fact that they had my resume. Whatever

It was legit but the job was to install cables and shit and they wanted someone with experience despite the fact that they had my resume. Whatever

These type of jobs are hit and miss depending on the pay. If it was piece rate, IMHO STAY AWAY! I worked as a cable tech for a sub contractor paying that and was severely underpaid. You literally got paid for every job you do but if you had small jobs, it was like pennies.

You have to literally have to do probably two or three installs a day to impact your paycheck. If you could go up tap poles and installs cable lines fast, this is not a problem. Haha, not every house is the same. Of course it's different from yours as it was Comcast but it was the WORSE job I have ever done!

Back