Welcome To aBlackWeb

SneakDZA presents......If you could delete one

Not really….Catholics created an entire different system of faith based on pagan beliefs

Nowhere in the Bible does it say you have to pray to Mary, follow lent, observe Christmas, follow a pope, or do Hail Mary’s

I hear what your saying and agree with the fact that yes people have beliefs and practices not connected to the foundational core of said religion.

But there are many core principles of Christianity not found in the Bible. It's all perspectives on various meanings about "scripture". The Trinity is a core belief...but its not really mentioned in the Bible. It's an interpretation of what Moses or others wrote down way back in antiquity.

Mary is worshipped in Catholicism because of an interpretation of her importance of bringing Jesus( the messiah) into human form...per the scriptures.

Also there are so many "writings or epistles" that aren't included in the Bible, Torah etc....that it's easy to see how things branch off.

The Judiasm and Christianity umbrella are like the covid variants....

I hear what your saying and agree with the fact that yes people have beliefs and practices not connected to the foundational core of said religion.

But there are many core principles of Christianity not found in the Bible. It's all perspectives on various meanings about "scripture". The Trinity is a core belief...but its not really mentioned in the Bible. It's an interpretation of what Moses or others wrote down way back in antiquity.

Mary is worshipped in Catholicism because of an interpretation of her importance of bringing Jesus( the messiah) into human form...per the scriptures.

Also there are so many "writings or epistles" that aren't included in the Bible, Torah etc....that it's easy to see how things branch off.

The Judiasm and Christianity umbrella are like the covid variants....

I don’t believe in the trinity….yet that doesn’t mean I don’t believe Jesus isn’t divine. Both old and new testaments refer to Jesus which can be found in the poetry books and books of the prophets. The main arguments between the Abrahamic religions are in regards to the divinity of Jesus. That’s a different convo

Yes the epistles are one of the main books taken out of context. Which is why studying the history behind scripture is so important. You can’t go to your “typical church” to understand the Bible because most preachers are only interested in your money and selling you a “prosperity dream”. There are a few people I know that get deep into scripture…but those guys are old now

I can really go on about this. But I’ll just say when reading the Bible…look at the time period as well as the group of people the author of that letter/book was writing to. Not every book in the Bible is meant for gentiles. Some were specifically meant for Jews and specific groups of people of cultures.

The core teachings of Jesus are really primarily just in the 4 gospels

Man this is legit the best way I can explain this. You have a belief that if someone is a Christian then that makes them belong to a “sect”…this is what I’m trying to explain that it’s not exclusively the same.

Catholicism, Protestants, SDA, Mormons, JW’s etc….all of these are denominations and cults people have and follow. We both agree that Catholicism is possibly the WORST.

When I was asked about Christianity in regards to Catholicism…I broke down the origins and how the two are never exclusively the same…but that can go with ANY denomination

You don’t have to belong to any denomination to be a follower of Jesus.

Many people simply study scripture, follow Christ, and keep it pushing. Many of these people don’t even like calling themselves Christian because the title immediately associated with a denomination

If you have a personal antagonistic view of the faith and the Bible then that’s a different story and you’re entitled to your beliefs

There is no misunderstanding of anything you said here. My response was based on the premise of the thread that it makes no sense to only eliminate one aspect of something that's causing a problem when it's agreed upon that it's the entirety of of Christianity that is the problem. Hence my car analogy that if you need 4 new tires but only replace one you're still not doing much better.

There is no misunderstanding of anything you said here. My response was based on the premise of the thread that it makes no sense to only eliminate one aspect of something that's causing a problem when it's agreed upon that it's the entirety of of Christianity that is the problem. Hence my car analogy that if you need 4 new tires but only replace one you're still not doing much better.

Ight I got you

I don’t believe in the trinity….yet that doesn’t mean I don’t believe Jesus isn’t divine. Both old and new testaments refer to Jesus which can be found in the poetry books and books of the prophets. The main arguments between the Abrahamic religions are in regards to the divinity of Jesus. That’s a different convo

Yes the epistles are one of the main books taken out of context. Which is why studying the history behind scripture is so important. You can’t go to your “typical church” to understand the Bible because most preachers are only interested in your money and selling you a “prosperity dream”. There are a few people I know that get deep into scripture…but those guys are old now

I can really go on about this. But I’ll just say when reading the Bible…look at the time period as well as the group of people the author of that letter/book was writing to. Not every book in the Bible is meant for gentiles. Some were specifically meant for Jews and specific groups of people of cultures.

The core teachings of Jesus are really primarily just in the 4 gospels

I dont believe in the trinity either.My bible study teachers were annoyed with me growing up. I was that kid that asks real questions. It got to a point where I would go to the adult bible study classes. Like I am not trying to watch Left Behind again.

It wasn't until after college I took a class called Exegesis 101. It changed my views on faith and religioncompletely. Now I will tell you, I attended two churches that did offer decent classes where we broke down the Hebrew word meaning and talked about the many interpretations.

I started studying African mythology, ancient civilizations and early belief systems. As well as philosophy and how the era of thinking affects the cultural beliefs of a region. I would love to create a show where it really dives in. Yes

Maybe change it to religion or denomination. I know what you said about Catholicism, but still along with Mormonism, Baptist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Angelican, Evangelicals, Jehovah Witness, Eastern Orthodox, etc all fall under Christianity

Christianity was helmed in Rome, the split came and you had West Roman Catholic and East Byzantium. Byzantium split down into Coptic, Eastern Orthodox, etc going into the Mid East, North East Africa, parts of Eastern Europe, and Turkey. Roman Catholic up in Europe split down to Protestant, Lutheran, Church of England, etc and then in America even more splits

I dont believe in the trinity either.My bible study teachers were annoyed with me growing up. I was that kid that asks real questions. It got to a point where I would go to the adult bible study classes. Like I am not trying to watch Left Behind again.

It wasn't until after college I took a class called Exegesis 101. It changed my views on faith and religioncompletely. Now I will tell you, I attended two churches that did offer decent classes where we broke down the Hebrew word meaning and talked about the many interpretations.

I started studying African mythology, ancient civilizations and early belief systems. As well as philosophy and how the era of thinking affects the cultural beliefs of a region. I would love to create a show where it really dives in. Yes
Holy Trinity based on African thought of the Father, the Mother, and the Son/Daughter. And you definitely dove in the right pool! Nice drop

You should definitely do it

The trinity theory complicates scripture….Jesus says God is spirit…life…eternal. The I Am.

The Bible says Jesus is the WORD of God. Word means logic, power and authority in its context. The Holy Spirit is the Wisdom of God.

Many times you see THE LORD in the Old Testament “appearing” to one of the prophets, it’s basically Jesus

If you’re gonna make a show let me know and I’ll peep..

Not really….Catholics created an entire different system of faith based on pagan beliefs

Nowhere in the Bible does it say you have to pray to Mary, follow lent, observe Christmas, follow a pope, or do Hail Mary’s

I don’t think they pray to Mary. I mean I feel you but it’s a lot of Bibles and a lot of Church politics in nvolved in them. Coptics Eastern Orthodox Armenian Nestorians etc. But you are right that you don’t need to belong to a sect to one.

I just view Catholics as another branch of Christianity at this point which it is.

Christianity was helmed in Rome, the split came and you had West Roman Catholic and East Byzantium. Byzantium split down into Coptic, Eastern Orthodox, etc going into the Mid East, North East Africa, parts of Eastern Europe, and Turkey. Roman Catholic up in Europe split down to Protestant, Lutheran, Church of England, etc and then in America even more splits

Coptic didn’t really split from Eastern Orthodox at origin. It was like a missionary thing but then again Egypt was part of the Roman Empire hmmmm

I just view Catholics as another branch of Christianity at this point which it is.

Nah you right. If that’s how I came across then that’s my fault.

Catholics may be “Christians” but not all Christians are the same as Catholics or other denominations. That’s what I meant

Catholics have done enough of their own specific fuckery to have earned themselves their own spot.

the pedo thing, of course
the inquisition
the crusades
colonization
the mass graves of child skeletons being found at their orphanages
the wealth and treasure hoarding

Also, Catholicism may have its origins in Christianity but the differences are pretty vast and stark.

1: there is a pope who is supposedly god's representative on earth
2: they do cannibalistic rituals involving the body and blood of Christ
3: they have nuns and monks
4: they have their own country

there's a lot more of course but I just wanted to explain why I split of off from the rest of Christianity.

Last edited:
Holy Trinity based on African thought of the Father, the Mother, and the Son/Daughter. And you definitely dove in the right pool! Nice drop

Yes I have learned that many beliefs or founding principles were based on African beliefs.But see growing up it was positioned as myth and fanciful "paganism". When I started reading about the different origin stories as a young adult I quickly started to change how I view everything.

I have reached moments of frustration because you get to a point where it's like ok everything I am reading is a white person viewpoint of how and why these people thought this way and the why of everything.

Like ok American wants me to know all about the Big Bang theory....but we can't talk about the Sumerian Tablets. They both fall into the category of we don't really know...but this our best guess.

Oh and the whole Jesus died for our sins and salvation component has never clicked for me.

Shit I need to jump into some religious threads lol. I definitely can get into the weeds with it.

You should definitely do it

The trinity theory complicates scripture….Jesus says God is spirit…life…eternal. The I Am.

The Bible says Jesus is the WORD of God. Word means logic, power and authority in its context. The Holy Spirit is the Wisdom of God.

Many times you see THE LORD in the Old Testament “appearing” to one of the prophets, it’s basically Jesus

If you’re gonna make a show let me know and I’ll peep..
Yes I use to love watching the History Channel and documentaries where they take you to the places and bring you into the dig sites. But it's notoriously old British or American white male hosting the show.

Catholics have done enough of their own specific fuckery to have earned themselves their own spot.

the inquisition
the crusades
colonization

Also, Catholicism may have its origins in Christianity but the differences are pretty vast and stark.

there's a lot more of course but I just wanted to explain why I split of off from the rest of Christianity.

i mean colonization was done by Catholics and Protestants. Now yes the child molestation is unique but like 75% of those things aren’t exclusive.

I never suggested that the catholic church had an exclusive ownership over those things. But they did manage to do them all in a way that sets them apart from other sects of Christianity. They do that shit with gusto.

the inquisition
the crusades
colonization

Eastern Orthodox got an archbishop who reps the whole denomination along with nuns and monks too. They got their own "country" like DC in Md, plus all that past monies helped.

Back