Welcome To aBlackWeb

Uhhhh oh.......Dave done pissed off the mafia

Like that special wont even funny.

I love to laugh, its what I do. I love throwing my head back and laughing. its fun for me

so I went to see Godfrey right?

that nigga had a hour and a half set on the pandemic

THAT SHIT WAS FUNNY!

not one LGBTQ joke, not one long ass rant on cancel culture lol nigga had the whole place dying

when youre funny, youre funny

and you dont have to rag on a certain group for hours on end for laughs
But he didn't rag on a group lol dafuck yall niggas clearly didn't watch the show. He talked about everybody and never in a disrespectful tone.

These crackas throw a fit and somehow someway drag in Black people to fight for their cause in this social media shit.

I'm curious if you felt this way when it was on the air or if this is you looking back in hindsight

Chapelle Show been off the air for almost 20 years. It's normal to have your views grow and change and not feel the same way about something as you did then. Which means something you may have laughed at when you were 15 won't hit the same when you're in your 30s. And as someone pointed out Dave has faced criticism and talks before about his comedy being more geared towards a white suburban audience.

in hindsight.

i wanted to make a thread on this but i didnt have time for niggas and their tiki torches
giphy.gif

LMAO I had this gif saved and finally had the chance to use it

But he didn't rag on a group lol dafuck yall niggas clearly didn't watch the show. He talked about everybody and never in a disrespectful tone.

These crackas throw a fit and somehow someway drag in Black people to fight for their cause in this social media shit.

Youre being disingenuous and this framing of LGBTQ vs Black ppl is odd by both you and Chappelle

That cry baby punching down shit is so stupid anyone can get it..

If there is true malice thats another thing but one of things comedy does is offends sensibilities.... by truths, half-truths exaggerations.... it is what it is at this point i hope he's learned his lesson dont talk about them/they don't rant about any reaction you recieved , don't try to foster any understanding they either flying or buying

If there is true malice thats another thing but one of things comedy does is offends sensibilities.... by truths, half-truths exaggerations.... it is what it is at this point i hope he's learned his lesson dont talk about them/they don't rant about any reaction you recieved , don't try to foster any understanding they either flying or buying

you dont have to defend comedy.

the artform is here to stay.
relax

These new sensitive ass everyone gets a trophy ass niggas are killing comedy and everything that goes with it. Niggas going to be telling knock knock jokes in 2022 and still some white group that these limp niggas fall behind will try to get those jokes taken away.

That's also been a criticism of The Boondocks too based on Aaron McGruder in terms of who the character Riley is supposed to represent....it's also quite disturbing how many people who enjoy The Boondocks don't realize who is being mocked, it ain't just white people and racism, and want to identify with Riley and Huey but that's another discussion
That's the point of the show is mock people

IDK what Dave's hometown is like,but also Dave was doing comedy young.

He lived in NY for a long time for sure.

He damn sure saw crackheads in NYC in the 90's.

This shit is all to do about nothing.

He's a comedian who makes dark social commentary.

This shit like gangster rap.the more ppl get mad the more money he gets from the controversy.

Ppl took a segment of his specials and zeroed in on it and made it a thing and now it's a thing.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Silver Spring isn't a rough place. It has some shady areas but for the most part Silver Spring is one of the first "I got a little money let me move out of DC/PG county" spots niggas go to.

Back