Welcome To aBlackWeb

AllHipHop turns 20yrs old... Chuck & grouchy greg interview on Sway

I’d say blame ducky and can’t remember the other guy… I assume Maven was Greg’s attempt to stop the hacking, or at least make it much more difficult. But it shouldn’t have gone down like that. It should’ve remained the same with a massive security upgrade but oh well.

All the hacking stuff was pretty much done by the time they sold out to the Maven.

Think it stopped a few years before that.

Now, people were still being exposed in mass pm's and the like.......but nothing like it was back in the day when people's driver's licenses and tax returns got posted.

I don't remember all of that, I just remember the forums dying more and more with every new "upgrade"
I honestly dont remember that. I just remember people overacting because they were lazy and or didnt read the new rules, and would just make up some shit to freak out about & say it was killing the forum.

Like when they said to stop embedding nude images in the open, cuz it was fucking up their ad dollars or w/e. To me that was reasonable. At first I believe they said only post them in spoilers, which few people did, so then they said no more nudes posted in the open, period. People freaked out talmbout the IC is dead, they're fucking up the site & their IC experience, and how its armageddon, but all you had to do was post the raw link and not post the image on the forum. That was simple shit it took a bunch of people a min to grasp, cuz they were being dick heads.

To me all the personal beefs over nothing, that got too outa control is what was slowly killing it. Some people were lettin too much slide, cuz of politics and that would turn people off. Then they finally decided to do something, they'd over correct and that would turn other people off.

I honestly dont remember that. I just remember people overacting because they were lazy and or didnt read the new rules, and would just make up some shit to freak out about & say it was killing the forum.

Like when they said to stop embedding nude images in the open, cuz it was fucking up their ad dollars or w/e. To me that was reasonable. At first I believe they said only post them in spoilers, which few people did, so then they said no more nudes posted in the open, period. People freaked out talmbout the IC is dead, they're fucking up the site & their IC experience, and how its armageddon, but all you had to do was post the raw link and not post the image on the forum. That was simple shit it took a bunch of people a min to grasp, cuz they were being dick heads.

To me all the personal beefs over nothing, that got too outa control is what was slowly killing it. Some people were lettin too much slide, cuz of politics and that would turn people off. Then they finally decided to do something, they'd over correct and that would turn other people off.
I remember you didn't click links on the ic. You had to Google the link to make sure it was safe first.

I lurked for a long time before joining. Donkey was like the bully that asked for your lunch money and your milk and if you didn't your whole life could get posted.

I remember you didn't click links on the ic. You had to Google the link to make sure it was safe first.

I lurked for a long time before joining. Donkey was like the bully that asked for your lunch money and your milk and if you didn't your whole life could get posted.
That too, but you posting that made me realize I said it wrong. I ment to say you posted the raw url and you had to copy and paste it, to see the image. They were mainly mad about that in illpix. You def didnt click links in donkey, thats how people got caught up.

Back