Welcome To aBlackWeb

I respect your take. I would love to see him as a villain similar to Denzel Washington's role in Training Day or just a villain period.

I was gonna type my take on Training Day cos I saw it again just this week but I didn't want to derail

I personally think it was a case of Denzel getting tired of getting typecast... and it worked for him with the award recognition and accolades

Apart from the morally bankrupt character he played there was also the comic aspect you don't usually see from Denzel

Will had 2 semi villain roles, Hancock and Suicide Squad. And in each he found a way to be a redeemable character.

I don't even think it's so much about him being a villain, he just doesn't stretch himself as an actor. It seems like he thinks crying is acting.

I was gonna type my take on Training Day cos I saw it again just this week but I didn't want to derail

I personally think it was a case of Denzel getting tired of getting typecast... and it worked for him with the award recognition and accolades

Apart from the morally bankrupt character he played there was also the comic aspect you don't usually see from Denzel
I'm glad he took on the role. Mans has range and is an amazing actor.

And out of nowhere, here comes Amanda Seales:

โ€˜I Said What I Wanna Seeโ€™: Amanda Seales Hits Back After Facing Harsh Backlash for Questioning Will Smith Being Cast as Venus and Serena Williamsโ€™ Father in โ€˜King Richardโ€™ Movie

Actress Amanda Seales has found herself the topic of public fodder after questioning casting decisions for the upcoming film โ€œKing Richard.โ€

The film chronicles the relentless pursuit Richard Williams, father to Venus and Serena Williams, carried out for his daughtersโ€™ success on the tennis court and beyond the city limits of Compton, California.

The โ€œInsecureโ€ cast member commented beneath a social post, โ€œWill Smith is playing Richard Williams??????????Also, why is this film about Richard Williams??????????โ€

Not surprisingly, Sealesโ€™ comment was met with harsh backlash and even criticism from those claiming the actress is incapable of not making an issue about anything and everything.

โ€œGirlโ€ฆalways looking for something to complain about!! I thought it was a dope idea!โ€

โ€œWhatโ€™s wrong with him playing Mr. Williams? From the look of the trailer, he did Amazing!! Sometimes she does too much.โ€

Some people felt as though the real issue was Seales insinuating that an actor of a darker skin tone should have been cast as the lead.

โ€œShe has a point. When Zoe Saldana played Nina Simone it was a huge controversy. Why not find a talented actor closer in the skin tone of the actual person but maybe itโ€™s โ€˜usโ€™ being colorist?โ€

โ€œSometimes itโ€™s about the name attached to the movie, if itโ€™ll see the light of day. I wish this girl would focus on positivity sometimes and less on negativity. That light skin guilt always get her in her bag.โ€

Venus, Serena and their sister Isha Price each serve as executive producers for the film slated to hit theaters on Nov. 19; leaving fans to assume that if Smith is good enough for them, then certainly he is good enough for movie-goers.

Seales, however, was not willing to allow bandwagon bullying to sway her opinion. In response to the upset caused by her initial comment, she doubled back with, โ€œI said what I wanna see. lol T yโ€™all debatin??? I can have my opinion and you can Stan Will. There is ZERO issue here other than the one yโ€™all are making over some tone having a contrasting POV about A MOVIE!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚whew chile these innanetsโ€ฆโ€

Ehhh....I felt the same way Amanda seales felt about having a dark skinned dude play Richard. It felt a lil like Zoe Saldana as Nina Simone when it was announced...although not as egregious because Will can actually act and they didnt put him in blackface to achieve the look.

Also Serena and Venus have promoted the movie so if they cool with it, im cool with it.

I didnt take her comments to even be about skin tone. Felt like she was saying why tf are they making a movie centering around the dad and not the sisters. That how I saw it anyway

I didnt take her comments to even be about skin tone. Felt like she was saying why tf are they making a movie centering around the dad and not the sisters. That how I saw it anyway
I did think this. A Serena documentary where she doesn't have creative control would be amazing.

Venus story at the start of her career changed tennis for the better

I did think this. A Serena documentary where she doesn't have creative control would be amazing.

Venus story at the start of her career changed tennis for the better
Iโ€™m sure an HBO Max exclusive will come out a few years down the road centering on that. They always do that. A movie will come out then 2 others will follow from a different perspective.

What do these "woke wemen" want?

We need black men to be fathers protect women blah blah.

We need black men representation in films tv blah blah.

We got a movie about a black man black father who is responsible for venus and serena. They didn't do this by themselves.

He had a plan. He instilled confidence in them. He took on racist crackas as they tried to prevent them from getting to the top.

He should be celebrated. Amanda Seals is miserable insufferable women

Back