Welcome To aBlackWeb

the juneteenth debate

are you for or against juneteenth becoming a federal holiday?

• For

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Against

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Doesnt really change much

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
I mean for those that aint fuckin wit this.. what would you have preferred?

For them to not bother making it a national holiday?
A holiday for black folks only?

What situation with regards to juneteenth would be good in yalls opinion? Honest question

I mean for those that aint fuckin wit this.. what would you have preferred?

For them to not bother making it a national holiday?
A holiday for black folks only?

What situation with regards to juneteenth would be good in yalls opinion? Honest question
We are compromising on the voting rights act with a democrat for starters that.. without compromise ...we are facing very real and virulent hate and opression codified in various states and municipalities... and a major push back in challenging Crt/the 1619 project and progressive politicians symbols can have value but what is gained here.

We are compromising on the voting rights act with a democrat for starters that.. without compromise ...we are facing very real and virulent hate and opression codified in various states and municipalities... and a major push back in challenging Crt/the 1619 project and progressive politicians symbols can have value but what is gained here.

I understand and agree.

Hell I think making elections national holidays would have done more than this symbolic shit here theyre doing tryna get some fuckin points.

Fuck the platitudes and empty gestures... do the real gotdamn work that's gonna benefit the people.

That being said aint nobody in here gonna turn down a day off... and I dont think the meaning of the holiday will be diluted to the people it actually means something to.. so I'm not getting the "outrage" personally

Vendors, black vendors especially, have always sold merchandise on Juneteeth and other black events.
Black businesses and entrepreneurs should definitely take advantage.
Cause now that it's becoming popular, others will.
So network, promote, educate, fundraise, sell, or whatever.
Cause it's a holiday, like any other American holiday.
Being honored, remembered, diluted, co-opted, and commercialized is just the nature of things.

Vendors, black vendors especially, have always sold merchandise on Juneteeth and other black events.
Black businesses and entrepreneurs should definitely take advantage.
Cause now that it's becoming popular, others will.
So network, promote, educate, fundraise, sell, or whatever.
Cause it's a holiday, like any other American holiday.
Being honored, remembered, diluted, co-opted, and commercialized is just the nature of things.
Plus godisdope seems to be a really good, fairly well known, black owned brand.

I call these threads coon traps. They only made to lure in people so they can be called coon or worse for not agreeing with thread starter.

I guess the opposition to OP was too overwhelming this time though.

Coon trap
tenor.png

I get the premise. But it was heading that direction anyway. Last year the awareness was the highest I've ever seen it. It would have been awkward to not acknowledge it at a federal level when it's clear damn near every black in the country is doing so.

Easiest way to push an all inclusive agenda. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Enjoy y'all day off

Back