Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

I'm disappointed that after 6 pages this didn't drop yet

artworks-000245818840-ucikyf-t500x500.jpg

21 Savage can't ever live this down, and better not ever beef with anyone in rap. As soon as he do, then the opposition should drop this and drop the mic lol

Slut walk was suppose to change the world... it buzzed for a bit, empowered women to be more sexually in charge of themselves and how they wanted to presentthemselves, but on a large level changed nothing really

I'm not really seeing your point here. I mean Beyonce has never really pushed music revolving around being sexuallyloose or hypersexual. Cardi B was a stripper at one point, and by most accounts, Lil Kim was pretty loose. So those women never really promoted anything they didn't have experience with.

I don't know anything about Megan the Stallion. All I'm saying is that her post didn't say anything about her redefining the insults to be more inline with her actual reality. She basically just said that she'd embrace the insults because they aren't the "drag" or knock that the users believe it to be. That makes it sound to me like she doesn't really think there is anything wrong with being a hoe or thot.

Probably all women. I just specified black women because "hoe" and "thot" are more often than not used by black people.
Beyonce pushed a hard feminist agenda the last decade plus. She's slowed down tremendously after becoming a mother of 3 but while she was talking Single Ladies and Lemonade, she remained married to her husband and continued to bare his children. Meanwhile, a whole generation empowered by her music married their jobs and bore bachelor's, masters, and doctorate degrees.

Lil Kim has gone on record saying she was not the persona she rapped. That was an image constructed by BIG and Bad Boy.

Cardi B is the only one right now in a position to say "I did that so hopefully yall don't have to go through that" and she has yet to take that next step. I hope one day she does.

Is the premise of this thread based on the idea that hoe raps just came out yesterday?

There's a whole genre of rap where kids brag about real life murders now. Maybe that should be addressed and we can just agree to let a hoe be a hoe like we've been doing since time began.

I don’t agree but would like to hear your dissertation on how it is.
Well fam..Native Americans are native to America. A white man called them Indians cause they were clueless and it became what they were. They even refer to themselves as Indian, the Indian was given a stereotype to run with and when you hear Indian every connotation of what a white man says about Indians come to mind. Not what a Native American tell you about them.

You don’t see Asians having another way or conformed way of calling themselves Japs, or chinks, you don’t see Jews having another way of calling them kikes. Despite the fact that I too say nigga. Owning a derogatory name doesn’t displace the history behind it, it’s just the comfortability of accepting the derogatory meaning behind it.

if nigga is so harmless , why get upset if a white person says nigga and not nigger..cause outside of black people it still means the same thing, we just accept it easier coming from us. Accepting calling each other nigga is the same as Native Americans accepting being called Indian.

People may not wanna acknowledge or hear it, but it’s the acceptance of what white people deem you to be, not what you actually are.

Beyonce pushed a hard feminist agenda the last decade plus. She's slowed down tremendously after becoming a mother of 3 but while she was talking Single Ladies and Lemonade, she remained married to her husband and continued to bare his children. Meanwhile, a whole generation empowered by her music married their jobs and bore bachelor's, masters, and doctorate degrees.

Lil Kim has gone on record saying she was not the persona she rapped. That was an image constructed by BIG and Bad Boy.

Cardi B is the only one right now in a position to say "I did that so hopefully yall don't have to go through that" and she has yet to take that next step. I hope one day she does.

Ok, but I don't really see what any of that has to do with what I originally said. I was not making a comment about whether or not Megan was an accurate representation of a hoe. I was talking about the difference between what she said and what black people do with the N word.

When we say nigga, we do not mean the same thing as when white people call us nigger.

Based on her statement, she is taking the words exactly how they are meant, she is just making the point that she doesn't think being called those words is a negative a thing as the users believe i.e., being a hoe isn't all that bad. It's the same shit Amber Rose was doing. She never argued that she and women like her weren't sluts. She just didn't believe there was anything shameful about being a slut.

I was comparing the situations and the expectation of reaction, not the words themselves.

This whole conversationis about words.
I'm disappointed that after 6 pages this didn't drop yet

artworks-000245818840-ucikyf-t500x500.jpg
21 Savage proved a point that someone tried to argue against last week:

Some men will take ridiculous stances at the chance to sleep with women. If he was not with Amber Rose at that time, that photo would not exist.

Is the premise of this thread based on the idea that hoe raps just came out yesterday?

There's a whole genre of rap where kids brag about real life murders now. Maybe that should be addressed and we can just agree to let a hoe be a hoe like we've been doing since time began.
Say it louder for the idiots in the back

Ok, but I don't really see what any of that has to do with what I originally said. I was not making a comment about whether or not Megan was an accurate representation of a hoe. I was talking about the difference between what she said and what black people do with the N word.

When we say nigga, we do not mean the same thing as when white people call us nigger.

Based on her statement, she is taking the words exactly how they are meant, she is just making the point that she doesn't think being called those words is a negative a thing as the users believe i.e., being a hoe isn't all that bad. It's the same shit Amber Rose was doing. She never argued that she and women like her weren't sluts. She just didn't believe there was anything shameful about being a slut.
What Megan is doing and what Amber did are not the same.

Amber's point was "dressing like a slut does not make me a slut"

Megan's point is "Being a hoe and being called a hoe is hereby acceptable and not negative"

I'm essentially saying in the grand scheme of things is this a needle mover, if not only a minority of ppl will be impacted. Women will call each other bitches or hos in female bonding, reclaiming as you say and like with nigga/er it'll only be offensive when those who shouldn't use it in reference to said group.

honestly, i cant see women saying “yo thats my thot right there”

or “what up hoee!!!!”
like no 😭😭😭😭😭

for the majority of women, we r just tired of being called hoes and sluts. thats it.

and the only way to lessen the power of these words because they arent going anywhere, is to reappropriate their meanings

so if i had a daughter who came to me and said “ma someone called me a hoe”

i would say “when you hear that term what does it mean to you or how does it make you feel?” and then begin to unpack its meaning and go into how “hoe” and “thot” has 0 bearing on ones value or sexual prowess

hoping to the draw the conclusion that the end of the day some words are just words.

like boys were calling me hoe because i was big breasted and friendly. i hadnt even fucked yet or seen a dick.

my grandmother use to call me “over-sexed” and i hadnt even had sex yet 😭😭😭😭

i wish someone had helped me unpack the shame i felt from those words early on

working in education, with 9 yr olds i hear these terms. boys who havent engaged in sex calling their girl peers a hoe because she sat at the lunch table with someone else

😭😭😭😭 like wtf

so the words are here right? in all their meaning and pretenses but nobody is speaking on the psychological damage those words may have on young girls

so what meg is saying or implying rather is that hey if someone calls you hoe, so what?

like now in adulthood if someone called me a hoe i’d probably laugh at them or be like “ok and?”

i think the focus should be on lessening the shame surronding these words

and that is not to say “embrace” them or “glorify” them but to not let it affect you or cause you to have lopsided ideas on your on sex and sexuality.

Back