Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

Today it's comment sections on Instagram and it's too much pressure for Megan Thee Stallion? Really?

Again, it's not who she is. Maybe the discussion would be different if she was genuinely pushing to live the life of a hoe or sex worker. But she isn't. She, like Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Beyonce, and Lil Kim before her all willingly became the face of lifestyles and attitudes that they don't accept themselves. And while their audiences are applying their music to reality, they are sitting in an expensive mansion, secluded, and engaged, married, or at least in love with ONE man.

I'm not really seeing your point here. I mean Beyonce has never really pushed music revolving around being sexuallyloose or hypersexual. Cardi B was a stripper at one point, and by most accounts, Lil Kim was pretty loose. So those women never really promoted anything they didn't have experience with.

I don't know anything about Megan the Stallion. All I'm saying is that her post didn't say anything about her redefining the insults to be more inline with her actual reality. She basically just said that she'd embrace the insults because they aren't the "drag" or knock that the users believe it to be. That makes it sound to me like she doesn't really think there is anything wrong with being a hoe or thot.

Is it just black women or all women... because strumpets come in all shapes colors and ethnicities

Probably all women. I just specified black women because "hoe" and "thot" are more often than not used by black people.

Peace be with Megan, she’s young and ignorant because she’s young. And jus like a lot of female rappers that went this route and got used as a commodity to lower the worth of black women in general. Years from now she’s gonna come out and blame all the men around her for decisions she went through with..lol

lmao Black womens bodies and sexuality has been commodified since chattel slavery

again, wtf are you talking about?

View attachment 557512
What exactly are you arguing here fam..?

bruh you said Meg got shit and she was complaining that nobody cared. You said nobody cared because she calls herself a ho and stated she saying we need to protect black women but she calls herself a ho. My point is if she a ho or not she should be protected by our community. Was this hard to get?

The heel turn on meg been hilarious. Even the women know she has a good flow but limited redundant content. I thought her and her ghost writers woulda used the Tory Lanez situation to improve her content and become a voice for domestic violence survivors. But nah it's still more sexual content while she's in a relationship, contradicting herself and giving mixed messages to the youth. If she ain't talking about something different by like November shits gonna get spooky

It's crazy because she can flow but is very very narrow in her substance. No growth as an artist nor balance in her music. By November, she'll drop another one called Thotathon or some shit.

my issue is yall acting like this doesnt already occur, which is offputting.

is meghan the issue or the men that have been calling women hoes and thots since ‘64?
I'm essentially what I'm saying in the grand scheme of things, is this a needle mover, if not only a minority of ppl will be impacted. Women will call each other bitches or hos in female bonding, reclaiming as you say and like with nigga/er it'll only be offensive when those who shouldn't use it in reference to said group.

Last edited:
You made the analogy, now follow through with it.

Megan's goal with the song is to embrace being a hoe to nullify the shame associated with the term. If you want to compare the word to "nigger", I challenge you to name 1 song where nigger is used similarly.
I was comparing the situations and the expectation of reaction, not the words themselves.

I'm disappointed that after 6 pages this didn't drop yet

artworks-000245818840-ucikyf-t500x500.jpg

Back