Welcome To aBlackWeb

When you get home what are you telling her?

Another one of these fake social media posts designed to generate discussion or attention.

The conversation wouldn't go like that in real life.

Terms like "provider" and "protector" wouldn't be used.

I'd just hope that I'd have sense enough not to get married to a woman like that.

Another one of these fake social media posts designed to generate discussion or attention.

The conversation wouldn't go like that in real life.

Terms like "provider" and "protector" wouldn't be used.

I'd just hope that I'd have sense enough not to get married to a woman like that.
Yall MOTOW ass niggas talk like that on here so why wouldn't it go like this IRL?

Like you can't buy someone into a role....

Either they with it or they not.... So if that's what you want find someone eager to play that role.

A new car and house ain't gonna change them into a whole new person

I think some of ya'll are missing the point of what ole boy is saying. He's not saying that he can't get his own socks. He's saying that if his job is to provide and protect, while she takes care of the house, then part of "taking care of the house" is making sure that he has all the little things he needs.

I'm not sure how he's being petty by expressing the fact that he doesn't feel she does right by him when it comes to her duties as a homemaker. My wife ain't even a homemaker. She runs her own business, but if she's in the store buying clothes and thinks that I need socks, she's going to get me socks because that's what people in a relationship are supposed to do for each other.

I think some of ya'll are missing the point of what ole boy is saying. He's not saying that he can't get his own socks. He's saying that if his job is to provide and protect, while she takes care of the house, then part of "taking care of the house" is making sure that he has all the little things he needs.

I'm not sure how he's being petty by expressing the fact that he doesn't feel she does right by him when it comes to her duties as a homemaker. My wife ain't even a homemaker. She runs her own business, but if she's in the store buying clothes and thinks that I need socks, she's going to get me socks because that's what people in a relationship are supposed to do for each other.
Did your wife develop the capacity to buy you socks before or after you married her

Did your wife develop the capacity to buy you socks before or after you married her

I'm sure she could have and would have bought be me socks before we were married, but she probably didn't start thinking of it as something she was "supposed" to do until after we were married.

I don't know bruh. I don't ask for much from anyone even when I'm in need, and even I don't see the point of getting married if you're with a person that can see you in need of something and doesn't really give a shit.

Thats what taking care of the house means to you

All that I pay bills, I provide, I protect bs but he crying about some socks.

I think whatever was said prior to what we see would provide better context all in all

My point is these dudes offer the world to chicks they don't even get along with cuz they bad and they think if they pay their way they'll get what they want from them....

It's faulty logic.

Like you just said, your wife got her own business and still would get you socks because y'all have established a relationship where those acts of service are appreciated, reciprocated, and probably encouraged thru effective communication and bonding.

This nigga think the shit just automatic cuz he's the provider.... It takes more than just providing to have a real partner who gonna have your back and your best interests at heart. From the words in the op.... Don't seem like he got or want that. Sounds like he wants someone to run around for him in exchange for the crib and quality of life. And that's cool.... But clearly that's not who he's with. Choose better 🤷🏿‍♂️

I'm not sure how he's being petty by expressing the fact that he doesn't feel she does right by him when it comes to her duties as a homemaker. My wife ain't even a homemaker. She runs her own business, but if she's in the store buying clothes and thinks that I need socks,
The last line is the only part I disagree with.

People in a relationship do what they agree is best/what works for their relationship. It's the "supposed to do" for me....as if 'it' (whatever 'it' is for you and yours) is a hard and fast rule.

I may be taking that part too literal? 🤷‍♀️

I'm sure she could have and would have bought be me socks before we were married, but she probably didn't start thinking of it as something she was "supposed" to do until after we were married.

I don't know bruh. I don't ask for much from anyone even when I'm in need, and even I don't see the point of getting married if you're with a person that can see you in need of something and doesn't really give a shit.
Bruh, stop beating around the bush.... Y'all been together about as long as me and mines. My wife would have gotten me socks if I asked when she was in college, and I'm sure yours would have too. And we wouldn't have to guilt them with the "all I do for you" shit either.... And niggaz was young af

Dude just got him a girl he don't have a connection with...

Back