Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought since I don’t have the space for equipment

Has anyone ever set up a storage unit to be their personal weight room? What would be the downside/challenges?

Random thought since I don’t have the space for equipment

Has anyone ever set up a storage unit to be their personal weight room? What would be the downside/challenges?
Off the top of my head, hot as hell, lol. You'll definitely want some outlets in there.

Off the top of my head, hot as hell, lol. You'll definitely want some outlets in there.
They have temp controlled rooms doggie

My main concern would be trying to carve out time to work out when they might be closed. A lot of them don't let you come as you want and the gates stop opening at late hours

They have temp controlled rooms doggie

My main concern would be trying to carve out time to work out when they might be closed. A lot of them don't let you come as you want and the gates stop opening at late hours

There’s plenty of 24/7 access spots around me

Online they just recommend calling the facility manager in advance to make sure it’s not against policy

There’s plenty of 24/7 access spots around me

Online they just recommend calling the facility manager in advance to make sure it’s not against policy
Oh that's a game changer then

Then my next concern would be moving the shit there, setting it up and thinking how ok would I be with paying for this every month.

My current membership at my gym is $30 a month which is an absolute steal. They are open pretty late 6 nights out the week, open super duper early in the morning, family owned and operated. It wouldn't make sense for me to look into a storage unit as a place to workout but I do see the appeal of it

Then my next concern would be moving the shit there, setting it up and thinking how ok would I be with paying for this every month.

My current membership at my gym is $30 a month which is an absolute steal. They are open pretty late 6 nights out the week, open super duper early in the morning, family owned and operated. It wouldn't make sense for me to look into a storage unit as a place to workout but I do see the appeal of it

Ahhh there it is

And Ima be locked in cause I’m not about to be hauling that shit back out the unit

Nvm lmao

And Planet Fitness is only $10 per month and you got everything you'd need.

Reminds me of that famous line from Jurassic Park. We were too busy wondering if we COULD do it and never asked if we SHOULD do it, lol.

The planet fitness joints here just are off-putting to me, plus they be packed because people paying $10 a month.

And they don’t have a good amount of weights and maybe one squat rack. No thanks

Last edited:
And they don’t have a good amount of weights and maybe one squat rack. No thanks
The ones I've been to have about 4-5 Smith machines you can use as a squat rack. Not as good of course, but it'll get the job done.

That's part of the reason I did my own gym though, Covid being number 1. I didn't really know for sure how much weight I was putting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back