Welcome To aBlackWeb

Baltimore Student Passes 3 Classes In Four Years, Ranks Near Top Half Of Class With 0.13 GPA

Why is their a school with that average?

200.gif

This entire quote pissed me off. The number of times she used THEY is pathetic. Not one time she said anything about her part. Some kids act up when they know their parents will take their side without seeing what’s really going on.

“He's stressed and I am too. I told him I'm probably going to start crying. I don't know what to do for him,” France told Project Baltimore. “Why would he do three more years in school? He didn't fail, the school failed him. The school failed at their job. They failed. They failed, that's the problem here. They failed. They failed. He didn't deserve that.”

shit now that i think about it.......she wasnt the only parent if the lil nigga was close to the top of the class.

what the hell is a .13 and how niggas get lower than that?

shit now that i think about it.......she wasnt the only parent if the lil nigga was close to the top of the class.

what the hell is a .13 and how niggas get lower than that?
That’s the main reason why the school has gotta get the lion’s share of the blame here.

That’s two Ds, a C somewhere down the line, and the rest Fs in THREE years. If a kid in three years can fail just about every class, not show up for HALF the year in each of his first three (272 / 3 = 90.66 days, which would be half the year in a 180-day school year), and STILL be considered better than half his class, the school failed that community fundamentally and institutionally.

I get why he nor his mom shouldn’t be blameless here, because mom has a responsibility to make sure her school is doing well in school, and he has a responsibility to at least fucking GO. This cannot be stated enough; schools cannot be the SOLE determinant in a child’s future, especially if they’re not even going there. THAT falls more on the household. I know. I’ve worked in schools with hundreds of these types of cases. (I bet the majority of these students are probably classified as “Special Ed” due to some environmental disability, like one of the schools I used to teach at.)

However, no way is this kid the only case. I’m sure there’s more. This school failed the entire community, from the Principal (or the Superintendent) on down.

They need to do a total audit of every kid’s transcript and reassign every student to their rightful standing. As for cases like this kid, the school needs to freely enroll kids like this one who wouldn’t statistically graduate before the age of 20 into the nearest GED program. It’s too irresponsible to ask any kid to stay into regular school past 19 years old.

Last edited:
That’s the main reason why the school has gotta get the lion’s share of the blame here.

That’s two Ds, a C somewhere down the line, and the rest Fs in THREE years. If a kid in three years can fail just about every class, not show up for HALF the year in each of his first three (272 / 3 = 90.66 days, which would be half the year in a 180-day school year), and STILL be considered better than half his class, the school failed that community fundamentally and institutionally.

I get why he nor his mom shouldn’t be blameless here, because mom has a responsibility to make sure her school is doing well in school, and he has a responsibility to at least fucking GO. This cannot be stated enough; schools cannot be the SOLE determinant in a child’s future, especially if they’re not even going there. THAT falls more on the household. I know. I’ve worked in schools with hundreds of these types of cases. (I bet the majority of these students are probably classified as “Special Ed” due to some environmental disability, like one of the schools I used to teach at.)

However, no way is this kid the only case. I’m sure there’s more. This school failed the entire community, from the Principal (or the Superintendent) on down.

They need to do a total audit of every kid’s transcript and reassign every student to their rightful standing. As for cases like this kid, the school needs to freely enroll kids like this one who wouldn’t statistically graduate before the age of 20 into the nearest GED program. It’s too irresponsible to ask any kid to stay into regular school past 19 years old.
i mean....this is all true...but shit i gotta put this on the community too.

like aint no one cared? tried to make enough noise to have parents take notice? the parents aint stand up for the kids that was in the school?

like who cared here?

Schools to blame coz they should be aware that some students have trash parents. Not sayin' his mum is trash but surely they've have students with neglectful parents before

also....this aint about black single mothers.....this is about a mom or parents who failed their child(ren) along with the school.

like what did the parent teacher meetings look like?

i get the whole have to work to feed the kids thing....but it takes a few minutes to check in on your child. call from work....give the school your work number if you dont have a phone.

just because things are tough doesnt mean you give up on the child.....they may be the ones who needs to be pushed to help raise them out their situation in the future.

This entire quote pissed me off. The number of times she used THEY is pathetic. Not one time she said anything about her part. Some kids act up when they know their parents will take their side without seeing what’s really going on.

“He's stressed and I am too. I told him I'm probably going to start crying. I don't know what to do for him,” France told Project Baltimore. “Why would he do three more years in school? He didn't fail, the school failed him. The school failed at their job. They failed. They failed, that's the problem here. They failed. They failed. He didn't deserve that.”

They did fail him tho'

Schools to blame coz they should be aware that some students have trash parents. Not sayin' his mum is trash but surely they've have students with neglectful parents before
schools is going to do what they are allowed to do.

if the parent doesnt show up or care ...why should they?

if the parent took the time to see how trash the school was....maybe they could transfer the child.

this all starts at home.

Fully agreed

Lmao. So the law gotta intervene when a parent ain’t being a parent on something like this?

Naw. The momma didn’t see one piece of information for 4 years regarding her son.

That’s extremely trash parenting.

Mom: what’s your grades looking like?
Son: I’m passing
Mom: let me see

It’s really that simple. Bottom line is she didn’t care 1 bit.

The law intervenes all the time when kids miss school it’s truancy bro how is he able to miss that many days and nobody know

schools is going to do what they are allowed to do.

if the parent doesnt show up or care ...why should they?

if the parent took the time to see how trash the school was....maybe they could transfer the child.

this all starts at home.

Transfer out your local district is never easy my local district should not be complete garbage. You can’t just go to school out of zone bruh

Transfer out your local district is never easy my local district should not be complete garbage. You can’t just go to school out of zone bruh
back home you had a choice. i dont know how it is where you are or in baltimore....but in philly...i had a choice.

but thats only part of what i said.

something needed to be tried.

Back