Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt still wears her world cup 98 hat. She waiting to get an updated version

I can still see myself watching Jamaica vs Japan on my birthday, told everyone to clear the room and lemme watch alone and so i can zone in.

I still remember that WC like it was y'day.

Reactions: GNS
Still don't get why so many players pick England over Jamaica

Fame and endorsement money... playing for a major sporting nation brings more opportunity for that. It also raises the esteem of the player and allows them to command more money in contract negotiations. Since it inherently means the player must have some amount of quality to get into that major national squad.

Still don't get why so many players pick England over Jamaica
You can't play in the EPL if your playing for countries below a certain FIFA ranking. Jamaican goalkeeper, Andre Blake was being scouted by some English teams but couldn't get signed for that reason. Plus the Jamaica Football Federation is a shit show of incompetence and corruption. They can barely pay the players $1000 per match. that's joke money to international players.

"A recording was leaked recently outlining the tense talks between the federation and national defender Damion Lowe, who acted as the team's representative for his peers before they took on Saudi Arabia in two international friendlies. The series was reportedly in jeopardy as the players refused the US$1,000 (J$142,000) per game offer that was initially put forward by the JFF.

Lowe proposed US$2,000 (J$284,949) but the discussions became heated at times with members of the hierarchy of the federation citing difficulties to meet the proposal. When this was brought up, Lowe said that because of their recent elevated position regionally and internationally, the compensation needed to meet that status.

"We are ranked number three in Concacaf [so] we have to get treated according to how we are ranked," Lowe said."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back