Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Master P launching BossUp Bank for people who can’t get bank accounts

giphy.gif

Master P is planning to launch a new banking alternative later this year called BossUp Bank to help those shut out from traditional banking systems. According to the business mogul, more than 63 million Americans are refused bank accounts by traditional lenders or are forced to pay high fees when using check-cashing facilities, money orders, pawnshop loans, payday lenders and pre-paid cards.

The No Limit CEO wants to provide a better alternative to those who can’t obtain a bank account and help them build up their credit.

“There is a large part of the population who only deals with cash because they can’t get a bank account,” Master P spoke said in a statement from BossUp. “What are they supposed to do? They may have lost their jobs in the pandemic, which resulted in bad credit or they are considered uncreditworthy. To conduct business in your everyday life, you need a bank. BossUp Bank believes in second chances, and we’re ready to help. We not only want to be a trustworthy banking partner, but we want to help them build their credit scores. We’re leveling the playing field.”

Master P founded BossUp with his Rap Snacks partner James Lindsey, venture capitalist and tech investor Jon Glasier, and film producer James Elam. They will also provide lending services and an ATM network throughout the country.

“Our model is based upon improving trust within the underbanked community. One way of doing that is by creating opportunities for growth within our bank,” Lindsey explained. “Because of Rap Snacks, we already have an established distribution network to retail stores in over 70 cities. We will employ an ATM franchise network so that small business owners can earn money and become more profitable with us by installing BossUp ATMs in their establishments. And to make it easier for customers to make cash deposits, they can do it through cash registers as well.”

Efforts are now underway to identify more banking partners across the U.S., and BossUp is scheduled to launch in the second quarter of 2021. “We have created an avenue for the culture to learn more about banking and the importance of knowing your money,” Master P said. “If you are interested in building and understanding your finances, we encourage all to go to our website and sign up.”

More information on Master P’s newest banking endeavor can be found at www.bossupbank.com

Last edited:
I'm not aware of this...school me, why wouldn't someone be able to get a bank account?

I'm not for or against this because i dont know enough about it. I'm not just gunna believe a press release from a company. But reading this and going to the website, all it tells me is they'll have ATM's all over and nothing else. Almost like they're just trying to get press and support for they're predominately black owned ATM network.

It has trigger words & phrases like "culture", "build credit", " interested in building and understanding your finances ", but doesnt even come close to mentioning how they'll go about this, even if you go to the website. In fact, I'd barely consider that a damn website. Its more like a damn webpage, because it has just 2 paragraphs on it. When you click anything to try and find out more, it prompts you to give them your email for what I'm assuming, is a newsletter. They say they"ll send an email with all the info on everything when they launch.

I personally feel if your company isnt at a point to talk about how your company works, you prob shouldnt be dropping press releases and directing people to your website with nothing on it.

Also the name of this company sucks. Isnt P like 50? Its like a middle schooler named this.

Inb4 the major money laundering case. If people don't have a bank account it's bcuz they don't want one.

I'm not aware of this...school me, why wouldn't someone be able to get a bank account?
Only thing i know is if you have an outstanding negative balance at another bank or too many bounced checks & overdrafts, they'd deny you. But other than that I didnt know it was hard to get a bank account.

I wont get into the stupid fees that target poor people, cuz thats a diff issue

Has any of his business ventures been deemed successful besides the record label? He will come out with something and then you don't hear about it anymore. Not shittin on the man, just asking.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Seems like he's gonna keep trying to strike lightning cause that's all he can do. Get people to invest in some shit. Take a lil off the top if it pops off it pops off if not on to the next and survive. Smoke and mirrors.

Back