Welcome To aBlackWeb

What people are off limits to punchlines or disrespect and why?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Simple question.
We do not need to add Nip to this because he was trying to actually do something that was bigger than him.

But who else and why so?

NOBODY is off limits for punch lines. But we all know there is a difference between using a specific group as a punchline to clever joke and using comedy as a way to wrap your racist (or whatever) thoughts in an entertaining outer shell.

Now WHERE that line is drawn? That’s what we might all disagree on.

Also, I’m high

If you’re a celebrity you can’t be critical of the LGBTQ

I've always had a problem with that.

It's like they want us to accept their sexual preference, but if you say that you disagree, they won't accept your sexual preference. It should go both ways (no pun intended). If I'm a heterosexual male, I should be able to speak my opinion and you should have to accept it because you want me to accept your opinion.

It's like they want us to accept their sexual preference, but if you say that you disagree, they won't accept your sexual preference. It should go both ways (no pun intended). If I'm a heterosexual male, I should be able to speak my opinion and you should have to accept it because you want me to accept your opinion.

Uh, no. The "no tolerance for intolerance" concept doesn't go both ways. Not when one side tends to hate and bigotry.

Yo I may say some silly shit like “my energy on Marty Schottenheimer right now”...

The average person don’t even know who Marty Schottenheimer is but they hear energy and shot and know that I mean my energy is shot/I’m tired...

Then they might google Marty Schottenheimer and find out that he passed away this year 2021 and be like damn that was a double entendres...
This nigga say his energy on Marty Schottenheimer, he’s dead he has NO energy..

Hypothetical I don’t think it’s disrespect though...

Last edited:

Are you oppressed for being straight though

Most people can't handle that criticism and that's usually where most of the issue comes from

Agreed...doesn’t mean they still not allowed to say what they want...a lot of people stay doing shit when they’re not fully prepared to deal with tha consequences....doesn’t stop them from doin’ shit...just forces them to audible when they’re confronted

Clearly after the Meek Mill/Kobe line and the Lil Wayne/Emmitt Till line, nothing is off limits.

Twitter will be mad at you for 2 days and then will move on to the next outrage.
Nah Wayne took a lot of shit for that line.

In general you gotta read the room

If ppl are really hurt and are the core fans,leave it alone

Nah Wayne took a lot of shit for that line.

In general you gotta read the room

If ppl are really hurt and are the core fans,leave it alone
Wayne always takes shit for his punchlines be they graphic, disrespectful, or just wack.

But nothing happens to him. Songs never got banned, shows never got canceled, and as a matter of fact, the more controversial the line, the louder the fans scream it in concerts or the club.

Show me one person that ever heard a punchline from a rapper they liked and went on to boycott their music. Im guilty of it myself. The Eminem line about black girls is disrespectful as fuck but I'm not going to act like I'll never listen to MMLP ever again.

We get offended, we type think pieces on the internet, we move the fuck on.

So there are limits
yeah if it's too soon and black ppl are feeling away,leave it alone

Also it helps if the line is really good.

If it's really creative it might slide even if it's off color

if it's a black icon and really soon,it probably won't be a good look.

I mean,Meek ain't even that type of shock value puncher so ppl won't except it the same as if some known puncher said it and it was said really creatively

Wayne always takes shit for his punchlines be they graphic, disrespectful, or just wack.

But nothing happens to him. Songs never got banned, shows never got canceled, and as a matter of fact, the more controversial the line, the louder the fans scream it in concerts or the club.

Show me one person that ever heard a punchline from a rapper they liked and went on to boycott their music. Im guilty of it myself. The Eminem line about black girls is disrespectful as fuck but I'm not going to act like I'll never listen to MMLP ever again.

We get offended, we type think pieces on the internet, we move the fuck on.

I think Boyce Watkins made Sprite or Mountain Dew take away his deal with them so he lost some money

I think Boyce Watkins made Sprite or Mountain Dew take away his deal with them so he lost some money
The family of Emmitt Till pressured Mountain Dew to drop Wayne.

But it literally took his family to do that. It took being invested in the memory of the person disrespected in a punchline.

Back