Welcome To aBlackWeb

Moving Out Of The Hood

Are Blacks Who Move Out of the Hood Sell-Outs?

• Total voters
Oh, and by the way where i live at in my city is average but aint shit sweet. Since some of you think I live in the worst parts in the neighborhood.

Explain how I'm coming off of as white? I hate when people say that dumb shit. Not everybody believe in the same things but please don't disrespect me with being another race.

Your entire posting style.

And I did refer to you as white or your completely out of touch with black folks if you are black.

So take whatever you want as disrespect. I don’t care

I like more shit living in the hood than I do the suburbs.

If I moved to the suburbs I want acres of land with my neighbors far the fuck away from me. I talking mini farm type of acres of land at least 5 acres.
Thank you but I guess you coming off as white for saying that huh which is the dumb logic some people have. I swear people think moving is the best when it's not always the case because I know some people that regret that shit. Also, the only place I'll move to is SC since it's familiar and I know my way around there and have family there. But in the mean time I like where I'm at and nor do I see the problem being here.

On another note, everything you said was how I feel but what some people on this thread refuse to realize is that when you move to a gated community then you're gonna be around white people and I don't want to be around them CAC and would buy land to move far away from them also. Glad my grandma got some land for me in SC since I can build a house there or remodel the house she already got on her land.

Thank you but I guess you coming off as white for saying that huh which is the dumb logic some people have. I swear people think moving is the best when it's not always the case because I know some people that regret that shit. Also, the only place I'll move to is SC since it's familiar and I know my way around there and have family there. But in the mean time I like where I'm at and nor do I see the problem being here.

On another note, everything you said was how I feel but what some people on this thread refuse to realize is that when you move to a gated community then you're gonna be around white people and I don't want to be around them CAC and would buy land to move far away from them also. Glad my grandma got some land for me in SC since I can build a house there or remodel the house she already got on her land.

You coming off as non black for a list of reason and not saying you rather live in the hood than the burbs

Your entire posting style.

And I did refer to you as white or your completely out of touch with black folks if you are black.

So take whatever you want as disrespect. I don’t care
Far from it and I know more about my city and my people more than you and never was out of touch about shit foh.

You already white yourself with that avi as your profile but you got all the answers about black people thinking you know everything.

Move around dude.

I used to live in the hood, for about 15 years. My favorite thing about living there was the community, my least favorite thing about living there was also the community, lol.

Not in any rush to go back.
Thats cool I ain't judging nobody either. Everybody gotta preference to where they want to live and move. I'll never judge nobody calling them the opposite race which is the SAME race that don't give a fuck about us.

You dumb as fuck bro.

And you’re smart?

What are these great thing that all your smartness allowed you to accomplish?

Trying to pigeonhole black folks as poor and whites folks as rich like they don’t have black suburbs.

I hate your train of though

Matter of fact. You’re ignored

The bold is completely wrong and 100% not true. It's really fucked up that you would even think that.

PG County for many many years has a gated community called Woodmore. Chris Webber when he played with the Bullets(Wizards) and Tre Johnson played for the Redskins both lived there. Before they moved there its was a black gated community and after they moved from there its still a black gated community. I can name more but it's no need for me to do that.

You gotta get out and move around and learn more about different black communities. There are plenty of black gated communities around this country.

The bold is completely wrong and 100% not true. It's really fucked up that you would even think that.

PG County for many many years has a gated community called Woodmore. Chris Webber when he played with the Bullets(Wizards) and Tre Johnson played for the Redskins both lived there. Before they moved there its was a black gated community and after they moved from there its still a black gated community. I can name more but it's no need for me to do that.

You gotta get out and move around and learn more about different black communities. There are plenty of black gated communities around this country.
1000% correct

Sadly.....I know too many people back home that think certain shit is not obtainable.

Born and raised in the hood. I got the fuck out of there soon as I was able to. I own property throughout/land back home but that's about it. We/my homies and investment partners) tried to set an example for other hustlers and young cats there but you can't make a person dude what they want to or willing to do.

I'll never forget where I'm from but I definitely got the fuck out of there without a fuck to give. Want my parents to leave but they won't and I understand it.

We sold the land we had and split the profits. It was a nice little come up.

Now I Have the opportunity to buy the land besides my parents house. Dude wants 10k cash and pay the 5k back tax. 15k for a acre spot. Going to cop that and maybe put a trailer or build a little house on it. Rent it out or sell don't know yet.

The hood isnt the hood by chance. Its very systematic.

The government purposefully doesnt invest as much money in the hood.

Lets take New Jersey as example.

Cops in Glen Rock, Allendale, Ridgewood make way more money than cops in Newark, Camden, and Paterson even though Glen Rock has no crime and Newark is riddled with crime. As soon as cops have any experience, they leave Newark and look for jobs in Glen Rock cause they make more money. This makes it so only the worst cops stay in Newark even though Newark needs the most experienced cops.

Lets take schools. This is a real life example. When Chris Christie became the governor of NJ, first thing he did was make major cuts to the education budget. I remember Wayne school district getting the most state funds while Newark, Irvington, and Paterson lost the most and ended up getting the least. Anyone that knows Jersey knows that Wayne is one of the nicest suburbs in Jersey and doesnt need any state funds whereas Newark, Paterson, and Irvington school districts need the most state funds.

I can keep going. There is tons of proof that the "hood" is systematically kept poor.

With that said, everyone that could leave, should leave. Your not gonna be able to build a real sense of community in a place the government is opressing to that degree.

Getting out from that opression is a success.

Sheesh, im good

Back