Welcome To aBlackWeb

Moving Out Of The Hood

Are Blacks Who Move Out of the Hood Sell-Outs?

• Total voters
Why people think the only place black people can be a community is in a hood?

I though I already showed multiple times middle and upper class black neighborhoods..

Or is that different?
Its not

but the “hood” is romanticized to a certain extent

and those middle class and affluent black neoghborhoods usually get a bad rap for being Boule and Jack and Jill-esque

Like Prince Georges county in MD and Brentwood in Cali

Its not

but the “hood” is romanticized to a certain extent

and those middle class and affluent black neoghborhoods usually get a bad rap for being Boule and Jack and Jill-esque

Like Prince Georges county in MD and Brentwood in Cali
My mom wanted me in jack and Jill when I was a buck.

But you are right.

I always heard it's cuz good people are real.
To a certain extent it's true but it's not other classes of people aren't.
Fake mid class and rich just like fake poor.

A dude I'm cool with here got a crib built in France.....nice car and wife don't have to work......Like 6months ago dude told me he barely holding it together and it's an image for his people here and back home .

I thought dude was caked up.
Nigga car be driving itself and it's not a Tesla.

Then you got chicks in the hood thinking Mike kors is a luxury item.

We need to agree that we need diversity to prosper and an image can hurt more than anything. And that good or on the hill...We all have the same struggles and common enemy.

Niggaz love trying to make me the niggaz they can steal on.

Bruh I own and pay the taxes on like 15 acres in Virginia. My wife and I bought it from her family like 6 years ago.

@DOS_patos
@Sion
@Cain

Can all vouch on it cuz I was discussing with them on how to put cell towers on the land, but we decided to just build on it after my mother passes and we sell this house...

Fact is....I got my 10-15-20 year plans.....

So crack your jokes..but catch up niggaz
This is true

But you are right.

I always heard it's cuz good people are real.
To a certain extent it's true but it's not other classes of people aren't.
Fake mid class and rich just like fake poor.

A dude I'm cool with here got a crib built in France.....nice car and wife don't have to work......Like 6months ago dude told me he barely holding it together and it's an image for his people here and back home .

I thought dude was caked up.
Nigga car be driving itself and it's not a Tesla.

Then you got chicks in the hood thinking Mike kors is a luxury item.

We need to agree that we need diversity to prosper and an image can hurt more than anything. And that good or on the hill...We all have the same struggles and common enemy.

I think the need to have an "image" is one of the most destructive things going in the Black community. It feeds so many of our issues it ain't even funny. Lotta cats ain't sellin dope 'cause they're trying to feed their family, they're doing it to get the trappings of wealth and success to give off the image of having made it.

Look at IG, Twitter, etc... How much money do you see wasted on rented cars, Gucci belts, and other dumb shit folks got in their pictures to give off an image? How many chicks laid up on a beach somewhere with a glass of bubbly in their pics, but her bed is sittin' on crates at the crib with the $10 Walmart Mainstays mirror leaning against the wall? How many 3-Series and A-Class whips being leased by niggas that barely have a home? How many bottles of low-grade Henney or Ciroc in these pictures? And now that they've put that image of success and wealth out there, they feel compelled to live up to it by whatever means possible. Now you're going into debt, now you're sucking dick and lettin' the sultan shit on you, now you're slanging dope,, now you're running scams and finding new ways to defraud people or the government...

... All to project an image.

I think the need to have an "image" is one of the most destructive things going in the Black community. It feeds so many of our issues it ain't even funny. Lotta cats ain't sellin dope 'cause they're trying to feed their family, they're doing it to get the trappings of wealth and success to give off the image of having made it.

Look at IG, Twitter, etc... How much money do you see wasted on rented cars, Gucci belts, and other dumb shit folks got in their pictures to give off an image? How many chicks laid up on a beach somewhere with a glass of bubbly in their pics, but her bed is sittin' on crates at the crib with the $10 Walmart Mainstays mirror leaning against the wall? How many 3-Series and A-Class whips being leased by niggas that barely have a home? How many bottles of low-grade Henney or Ciroc in these pictures? And now that they've put that image of success and wealth out there, they feel compelled to live up to it by whatever means possible. Now you're going into debt, now you're sucking dick and lettin' the sultan shit on you, now you're slanging dope,, now you're running scams and finding new ways to defraud people or the government...

... All to project an image.

tenor.gif

I was very close to relocating to PG county when I got back from Africa. Had about 3 job offers to choose from...I ended up taking another offer in Pensacola (its within commuting distance from where I live) because in the long run it will be more beneficial

But the the biggest reason I wanted to live in PG was because of the thriving black middle and upper-middle class communities.

And i just didnt want to move to Atlanta either...liked the vibe of DC better

I was very close to relocating to PG county when I got back from Africa. Had about 3 job offers to choose from...I ended up taking another offer in Pensacola (its within commuting distance from where I live) because in the long run it will be more beneficial

But the the biggest reason I wanted to live in PG was because of the thriving black middle and upper-middle class communities.

And i just didnt want to move to Atlanta either...liked the vibe of DC better
I was raised in the pg county area. Still here. I couldnt see myself living in DC. I enjoy it but I like space.

I was raised in the pg county area. Still here. I couldnt see myself living in DC. I enjoy it but I like space.
Definitely. Thats why I was gonna live in PG and still be able to get that DC night life, etc.

Where in PG you from? Whats the best parts...all the nuances?

Cause a relocation up there isnt completely off the table.

Definitely. Thats why I was gonna live in PG and still be able to get that DC night life, etc.

Where in PG you from? Whats the best parts...all the nuances?

Cause a relocation up there isnt completely off the table.
I lived around new Carrollton and also lived in Bowie.

College park and university park are good areas. There is a lot there because it is near Uni of MD. More owners than renters. Closer to DC. Has a night life

Bowie is a good area of middle and upper middle class. It use to be majority white people maybe 30yrs ago but it has drastically changed. Now it is heavily mixed with a lot of blacks.

Laurel is not bad. Little further from DC.

Greenbelt is a smaller city compared to the other listed. Close to the main highway to take you to DC. Not much there in terms of fun but you can find some decent homes. It is near Roosevelt high, a top rated school.

All these places, except Bowie, have the subway that will take you to DC.

I lived around new Carrollton and also lived in Bowie.

College park and university park are good areas. There is a lot there because it is near Uni of MD. More owners than renters. Closer to DC. Has a night life

Bowie is a good area of middle and upper middle class. It use to be majority white people maybe 30yrs ago but it has drastically changed. Now it is heavily mixed with a lot of blacks.

Laurel is not bad. Little further from DC.

Greenbelt is a smaller city compared to the other listed. Close to the main highway to take you to DC. Not much there in terms of fun but you can find some decent homes. It is near Roosevelt high, a top rated school.

All these places, except Bowie, have the subway that will take you to DC.
I was also looking at Hyatsville, FT Washington, and Upper Marlboro

Smh... Swat team raided an apartment in the building behind us about 40 min ago. All we heard was a loud ass explosion. Thought maybe a gas leak, or some shit like that but nope. Swat came through and hemmed up some young niggas.

Never lived in the hood.

Even when I lived in the city when I was little, it was in a black neighborhood.........but it wasn't what I would consider "hood."

Now that neighborhood is about 40% gentrified.

Depends on what kinda people we’re talking about.

I ain’t living around this kinda bullshit...

If it’s normal , quiet people who mind their damn business and leave me the hell alone, it don’t matter if they’re black or white, gated community or ‘hood.

Yeah, I feel you because I hear people say leave the hood and then you go into another territory that's a gated community with white people and they be watching you like a hawk to want to call the police on you on some BS but then living in an environment that your used to and don't gotta worry about shit because you see others that look like you but as long as there's peace then you should be cool.

Last edited:
Back