Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Royce Da 5'9 - The Allegory Album Thread

Rate The Allegory

• Total voters
i never was a huge royce fan, always found his music to be boring and hollow. i thoroughly enjoyed “trust the shooter” ironically lol but “the allegory” is just ok for me. not hot but not trash. production is a1, sonically its satisfying. its missing something tho.

i cant put my finger on it

retracting this statement it gets wayyyyy better after track 11 lmao

funny how every song featuring wsg, conway and benny is hot. :clawd2: some parts of the album are way too hotepy for me (of course) the anti gay bars can go. the anti vax shit is corny and weird....but the skits are hot tho hmmmmm changing my score. im giving this jawn 4 mics. might be 5 after its all said and done

3/5. Too many skits.

Overcomer is the only standout track.

Can't wait for this "woke" phase in Hip-Hop to be over with.

Hopefully this album doesn't stay in AOTY contention, if so, it's gonna be a bad year for rap.

It's cos he's not even decent at all rapping anything conscious or introspective. He can't do that well at all and never has been able to and not what his fans want to hear from him and hate hearing that from him

Royce is at his best and a monster and legend at just spitting rhymes for the sake of spitting rhymes and show casing bars. That's why he has the fans he has and that's what they want to hear from him

funny how every song featuring wsg, conway and benny is hot. :clawd2: some parts of the album are way too hotepy for me (of course) the anti gay bars can go. the anti vax shit is corny and weird....but the skits are hot tho hmmmmm changing my score. im giving this jawn 4 mics. might be 5 after its all said and done

Usually homophobic males are undercover gays them self that are self hating due to being gay hence why they are so homophobic

I'm not condoning homosexuality it's a demonic ideology and a great sin and against nature, God, spirituality. However being homophobic exposes a person as their insecurities lie in them not being able to cope with being undercover gays or bi sexual them self

It's the same as bullies they bully because they them self were bullied

Royce, Nas, Gibbs? Jay Elect?

Rappity Rap Niggas for the fuckin DUB out here this year.

I can’t remember if Royce had ever got a Grammy nom. Maybe for that shit he did with Em.

During a recent interview with PSA Hip-Hop’s Threeletterman3, Royce revealed that Cordae was supposed to appear on "Young World" with G Perico for Royce's album, The Allegory, but Cordae's label blocked the feature.

"[Vince Staples] sent his verse last day because originally YBN Cordae was there in that spot," Royce explained around the interview's 27-minute mark. "Atlantic would not clear YBN Cordae, so I had to take him off. They said they wanted to ‘keep him young.’ These labels, they are so caught up young, young, young, young."

Back