Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Well Done

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Church Shoe Status

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
For me it comes down to texture. I prefer leaner cuts, filet, sirloin/strip.

I was well done gang until, yes, my white homie cooked me a ribeye, medium. Never looked back

My steak loving daughter. Ride or die well done gang. She finally tried a piecs of my steak, boom shes team medium.

Plus, I think it also depends on the cuts you like. Cheaper cuts tend to need to be cooked to higher temps to achieve a certain level of tenderness.

My mom only eats medium well steak. Aka well done 90% of the time

Shit pisses me off when I've taken her to nice spots and order a quality steak. Wasting money fucking the food up....

Of course I never say it that harsh for fear of getting smacked in the mouth. LMAO. but I do tease her a bit about getting it well done. And you know what she does...... use A-1 on it just like 90% of the people who get it or cook it well done.

A waste!!!!

:tuh:

Last edited:
For me it comes down to texture. I prefer leaner cuts, filet, sirloin/strip.

I was well done gang until, yes, my white homie cooked me a ribeye, medium. Never looked back

My steak loving daughter. Ride or die well done gang. She finally tried a piecs of my steak, boom shes team medium.

Plus, I think it also depends on the cuts you like. Cheaper cuts tend to need to be cooked to higher temps to achieve a certain level of tenderness.

Cheaper cuts usually are better with a good citrus marinade (helps break down the toughness) or being tenderized.

But I agree with you 100% with it being leaner it should be cooked less.

It's not a coincidence that alot of the folks who like well done steaks use all types of sauces and shit while eating that trash. LMAO

salt and pepper homie, salt and pepper.

687-086s.jpg

y'all outchea eatin' bottom round wondering why it's gotta be damned near raw to be tender.

No......

If it's a leaner cut of meat don't cook it to death. If it's tougher cuts of steak or stuff with lots of connecting tissue you need to marinade it or tenderize it and maybe cook it longer.

Shit like Skirt steak needs a marinade to help break down the toughness. Whereas a nice beef tenderloin cut up into filet mignon just needs salt, cracked black pepper, and maybe some granulated garlic. Doesn't need to cook long unless it's a thick cut filet and still you don't want to nuke it.

That's cooking 101...

Last edited:
Naw them days over.

Moms had us eating cube steak and shit scuts, but it was what she could do at the time.

Only deal with top grade cuts now, I turn my nose up at choice.

Yeah, I feel that.

If the folks on here notice, Cube steak is hella tenderized too. Lol. All those dimples is from it being ran through a tenderizer or you have to use the old school mallet style tenderizer to get it right. Lol

@konceptjones

Do you eat prime rib well done with no fat on it also? Like, not a tad of pink in the center or fat on the outside of the cut?

If so.... you're missing out.. especially the meat closest to the rib (fat) cap

Naw them days over.

Moms had us eating cube steak and shit scuts, but it was what she could do at the time.

Only deal with top grade cuts now, I turn my nose up at choice.

c'mon now fam... them cube steaks with gravy and shit was hittin' tho. My moms used to hook 'em up when I was a yute.

These days it's gotta be well marbled cuts.

Back