Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW's Official battle rap power ranking

How did you end up with Mike P being ranked over Kshine and Verb, shit how did Mike P get on the list? lol

I think we need to agree on the definition of power.

KShine, Verb, Roc, etc would never battle a nigga like Mike P, Saga, etc, they're undercard/1st battle of the event niggas. That's not power lol

How did you end up with Mike P being ranked over Kshine and Verb, shit how did Mike P get on the list? lol
He torched saga which may or may not helped his case with y'all when y'all saw the card. Y'all probably expected him to handle him pretty easily.

I went back and watched some of his other battles and if dude wasn't white, he might be in a lot of people's top 5. He way better than dizaster lame and corny ass.

I think we need to agree on the definition of power.

KShine, Verb, Roc, etc would never battle a nigga like Mike P, Saga, etc, they're undercard/1st battle of the event niggas. That's not power lol
At one point, maybe with the exception of Tay, Verb and shine could've been stuck in undercard purgatory.

At some point, y'all gonna have to start recognizing when dudes are actually leaping other guys

I would watch Mike p at this point before I watch another Twork battle if I'm being honest

Mike P is fuckin trash, but that's besides the point tho.

This is a power ranking list. Mike P couldn't pay to get a battle with Lux or mook, etc. He's a 1st battle of the night battler.

Everybody's chasing and asking to battle Lux, Same with Shine, Same with Lyt after Saturday,

At one point, maybe with the exception of Tay, Verb and shine could've been stuck in undercard purgatory.

At some point, y'all gonna have to start recognizing when dudes are actually leaping other guys

I would watch Mike p at this point before I watch another Twork battle if I'm being honest

Verb has never been an undercard nigga. Shine was at one point, but that was about 5 years ago.

Mike P was just the first battle of the night and will never be a main event.

Twork doesn't belong on the list. But you are telling me Mike P is a step up for K Shine? Tay Roc? Also you only gave 10 you don't have a 11-20?

Verb has never been an undercard nigga. Shine was at one point, but that was about 5 years ago.

Mike P was just the first battle of the night and will never be a main event.
You got a crystal ball?

And Twork choking constantly is trash. If you can show me the same stretch for Mike then let's have that conversation

But, how about this, since there appears to be only 10 guys that can hold these spots, how about we just name ten people and rank them

Twork doesn't belong on the list. But you are telling me Mike P is a step up for K Shine? Tay Roc? Also you only gave 10 you don't have a 11-20?
I thought we shortened it to 10

My fault

And again, like how power rankings work in any other sport, you're only as good as your last battle

If you not active, why should you be on the list?

Day wasn't on my initial list because he hadn't battled in a few years. After NOME X, he shot up to the top and rightfully so.

I'm not talking about a list that includes the best to ever do it but power rankings are based on now.

I don't want make my entire list be about where I have Mike because if y'all don't think he's deserving, ok, I'm not mad at that but dude far from trash

You got a crystal ball?

I've been covering battle rap for 15 years, i don't need a crystal ball. Mike P doesn't have IT to be a main event nigga.

The fact that you're ranking him over Shine who is easily top 3-5 in the game right now lets me know you're still kinda novice when it comes to battle rap.

Twork chokes but he is a superstar, Surf chokes but he is a superstar.. JJDD can rap perfectly for 50 straight battles and will never be a superstar, Cortez can rap perfectly for 100 battles and will never be a superstar, same with Nuborn, same with Saga, same with steams, same with ryda, etc.

I thought we shortened it to 10

My fault

And again, like how power rankings work in any other sport, you're only as good as your last battle

If you not active, why should you be on the list?

Day wasn't on my initial list because he hadn't battled in a few years. After NOME X, he shot up to the top and rightfully so.

I'm not talking about a list that includes the best to ever do it but power rankings are based on now.

I don't want make my entire list be about where I have Mike because if y'all don't think he's deserving, ok, I'm not mad at that but dude far from trash

You keep making side points that had nothing to do with nothing.. we aren't counting inactive battlers to begin with. Hitman, brizz, mook, all were specifically excluded. I even left off goodz calicoe iron solomon.

We talked about this when i made the thread, this is not a battler of the year ranking. This is where does your overall body of work place you as of today in 2020. Who are the biggest faces to represent the culture from #1 to #20.

A rookie doesn't battle K Shine and goes up from there by battling Mike P lol

And don't use the race card with Mike P, the dude's just an avg battle rapper.

Iron solomon is white and gets respect from everybody as a top tier/ near god tier battle rapper.

UM1 counts as power ranking right?
  1. Geechi Gotti
  2. Aye Verb
  3. Loaded Lux
  4. Daylyt
  5. Tay Roc
  6. Mike P
  7. Rum Nitty
  8. Chess
  9. Tsu Surf
  10. Ill Will
  11. Chef Trez
  12. John John
  13. K Shine
  14. DNA
  15. Swamp
  16. Fonz
  17. Jey The Nitewing
  18. Ave
  19. Eazy the Block Captain
  20. Hollow

And i was gonna let it slide but while we in the discussion fuck that.. Jerome how you got fonz, swamp, jey the nite wing, and eazy the block captain above or next to Hollow & Ave. The bottom half of this list was wild lmao

My nigga got Eazy The Block Captain ranked over Hollow

giphy.gif

I've been covering battle rap for 15 years, i don't need a crystal ball. Mike P doesn't have IT to be a main event nigga.

The fact that you're ranking him over Shine who is easily top 3-5 in the game right now lets me know you're still kinda novice when it comes to battle rap.

Twork chokes but he is a superstar, Surf chokes but he is a superstar.. JJDD can rap perfectly for 50 straight battles and will never be a superstar, Cortez can rap perfectly for 100 battles and will never be a superstar, same with Nuborn, same with Saga, same with steams, same with ryda, etc.
if shine battles tomorrow, MIke P will be replaced...lol

you picking the wrong hill and focusing too much on variables

who are the top 10 people battling right now?

And i was gonna let it slide but while we in the discussion fuck that.. Jerome how you got fonz, swamp, jey the nite wing, and eazy the block captain above or next to Hollow & Ave. The bottom half of this list was wild lmao
Didn't one of y'all said they gotta be active? Hollow only got 1 recent battle and that's the 2v2

You keep making side points that had nothing to do with nothing.. we aren't counting inactive battlers to begin with. Hitman, brizz, mook, all were specifically excluded. I even left off goodz calicoe iron solomon.

We talked about this when i made the thread, this is not a battler of the year ranking. This is where does your overall body of work place you as of today in 2020. Who are the biggest faces to represent the culture from #1 to #20.

A rookie doesn't battle K Shine and goes up from there by battling Mike P lol

ok, then swap em out on my list ~shrugs~

i'm not offended at all b

If you are doing some sorta MK tournament style and you think Mike P is on the lower end of that tier...cool...

but again, ya'll acting like dude just sucks or just average when a lot of these dudes ya'll like to put in the conversation, i feel the same way about

or another way of saying it is...if i do 20, does Mike fall in the lower half of the 20? Yeah, but ya'll talking like he not at least one of the best 20 dudes in battle rap RIGHT NOW

I'm counting everybody who has battled in the last 365. Shine has a handful of battles in the past year.

You're only counting niggas who battled in the last 2 months?

Back