Welcome To aBlackWeb

Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Scarface (1983) Al Pacino

Vote

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need people like me... so you can point your fuckin fingers!

one of my favorite scenes in film cuz of the dynamics

yea it's easy to say Tony was a "bad guy" cuz he was a murderous drug dealer, but he still had a code of ethics (which ultimately got him killed) as he said he never got someone who didn't already have it comin

like, some of those folks in that restaurant could've been doctors or lawyers, but also pedophiles on the low

so it's easier to blame Tony for the ills of society

& like I said, what ultimately lead to his demise was his code (no women, no kids)

Thing is you said Scarface wasn't about the other characters... It was about Tony actions...I disagree... However if I entertain that notion then that's where the movie falls flat.

Better performances from Gina, Manolo, and a believable romance between Tony and Michelle Pfifer and it's a much better movie.

Too many characters the movie wants you to think are important that it never built on.

Die hard had some pretty cool characters and convos that gave the characters more personality, and it did more to build tension.

Best scene in Scarface was the assassination attempt where he wouldn't kill the family, and that was all Al. No other scene in the movie really pulled me in

Thing is you said Scarface wasn't about the other characters... It was about Tony actions...I disagree... However if I entertain that notion then that's where the movie falls flat.

Better performances from Gina, Manolo, and a believable romance between Tony and Michelle Pfifer and it's a much better movie.

Too many characters the movie wants you to think are important that it never built on.

Die hard had some pretty cool characters and convos that gave the characters more personality, and it did more to build tension.

Best scene in Scarface was the assassination attempt where he wouldn't kill the family, and that was all Al. No other scene in the movie really pulled me in
I've got trees, time, and a new movie projector to try out... I'll be back in a few hours with a high ass response...

So we gonna shit on furious cuz he's better than every character in Scarface?

You not even being reasonable with that

Homie took his son fishing, gave him chores around the house. Bust his gun at intruders, then let his son learn the lesson about . police. Preach the importance of safe sex and fatherhood. Taught folks about gentrification. Meditated to control his anger as his boy ran out on a murder mission.

But we learned more about Manolo I guess.

:smh:

His man got jammed cuz he was flirting with a chick.. But that all changed when he liked Gina.

I said we didn't know shit about Furious and Du says "yea we did, he took his son fishing!"

lol you got it slim

Imma send this nigga some comics for his birthday....

Bet he read them tho....

2194309-01.jpg

I definitely agree with the audiences rating of 94%. It was a great movie. This nigga is 5'7" but he was fearless and cocky and he didn't take disrespect even when he was a nobody. I recognized references from music and other movies and I can see why it was such an influential film in that regard. And also, why so many young dudes would be so into it.

The ending was nuts! This nigga was high as a kite, he'd just killed his best friend, and saw his sister die and he still took out as many niggas as he could and died the only way he could.

I didn't makes the incest connection though. Even when his sister was throwing herself at him, he was like, "What are you doing?". He didn't want her like that, he was genuinely confused by what she was doing. She was grief stricken and they'd just given her medicine to sleep too. So, sorry AP, I don't agree with that notion, she just wasn't in her right mind.

Shit a 6/10 being generous as fuck due to the influence on the culture.

Niggaz been forcing me to watch this shit my whole life. Seen this movie 1,000 times. And it gets worse with every replay.

Best part about getting older is that I don't hang around them niggaz who keep this shit in the rotation no more.....

But it's cool to keep in touch online. Y'all still my niggaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back