Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fabolous paid Lil Wayne $100,000 for a feature in 1999, Lil Wayne recorded his verse in 15 minutes and left immediately

U trippin... them cash money niggas was on fire. As a east coast rapper pre social media, that was the best way to get popping in other regions. Get features from that area, that way when u go perform there u bring them out n they fuck w you even more.
Juvenile was the only one poppin. I was never a fan of dude like that what Wayne have out that was popping in 99 to tha 2000. A fab juve record would've been the move for numbers, see the Ha remix

They probably went "Yo those Cash Money guys are pretty hot right now, let's get one of them on the album." and either Juvie was too much or wayne was the only one around

Wayne was definitely bubbling at that time

but this just echos what Nelly was saying how the song he got with wayne on his first album was only after Juvie couldnt do it b/c he cost too much, so they "settled" for wayne lol

I wish BG had done some more collabs. Admittedly, when i was deep in my southern bias bag, i didnt listen to no East coast shit. I heard the song with him and Prodigy like just a few years ago for the first time and was blown away at how dope that shit sounded

sorry for the derail

Juvenile was the only one poppin. I was never a fan of dude like that what Wayne have out that was popping in 99 to tha 2000. A fab juve record would've been the move for numbers, see the Ha remix

The Block is Hot album came out 11/2/1999, that means the single was already out and popping for some time before that. Plus everyone knew Wayne from the "Back that azz up" song. Dude was featured on the hottest record of the year. Maybe Juvie was more popular, but Wayne certainly had a buzz

The Block is Hot album came out 11/2/1999, that means the single was already out and popping for some time before that. Plus everyone knew Wayne from the "Back that azz up" song. Dude was featured on the hottest record of the year. Maybe Juvie was more popular, but Wayne certainly had a buzz

Maybe it was mutually beneficial. Fab was discovered/signed by DJ Clue, who was the hottest mixtape DJ at the time. Lil Wayne/Cash Money wanted to be on Fab's album because he was down with DJ Clue, which would give him street credit in NYC.

According to the article they have more than one song together. Maybe it was a quid pro quo.

Maybe it was mutually beneficial. Fab was discovered/signed by DJ Clue, who was the hottest mixtape DJ at the time. Lil Wayne/Cash Money wanted to be on Fab's album because he was down with DJ Clue, which would give him street credit in NYC.

According to the article they have more than one song together. Maybe it was a quid pro quo.
If that was the case I think they would've at least spent some time in studio chopping it up with him and building some kinda relationship.

Plus I don't think Cash Money was concerned with mixtapes at the time, considering they had just signed that $100 million deal with Universal

I wasn’t even trying to be funny. Honestly I don’t know much about the music business but I always thought you paid the artist or producers if they work made the album. I didn’t know you paid them regardless

smh at Birdman taking 99,000 of it
And 3 of the 4 bottles. The last bottle, they split.
I wasn’t even trying to be funny. Honestly I don’t know much about the music business but I always thought you paid the artist or producers if they work made the album. I didn’t know you paid them regardless
Once Fab's team got the audio, it's on them to release it or not. But they paid for the labor/product which Wayne rendered in 15 minutes. What they do with that is there business.

Wait Fabolous had a budget for an album over $100,000? That shit is hilarious.
back then it took at lease 300K to break a major artist.He had good ppl backing his music,clue and Elektra.

He became a platinum artist on his debut so they recouped

but I mean a feature doesn't mean we gone chill .

Back