Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black sitcoms ranked (by Naima Cochrane)

Living Single was just as popular as Martin or Fresh Prince during it's run.

And you damn right niggas was in the house by 8 on Thursday's to watch Martin, Living Single, then New York Undercover on Fox.

As everybody to mention they favorite Living Single Episode then do that with Martin, Cosby’s or Fresh Prince and you’ll see the difference.

I’m not hating because it’s certified next tier, but godly? When the last time you watched a rerun?

As everybody to mention they favorite Living Single Episode then do that with Martin, Cosby’s or Fresh Prince and you’ll see the difference.

I’m not hating because it’s certified next tier, but godly? When the last time you watched a rerun?
Living single gets God tier for me simply for the fact you had crackas biting it and created Friends because living single was killing the time slot on the night it was on

Some shows age badly and when you go back to watch them they just dont hit the same

To me a God Tier show is a show that you can watch over and over again and still enjoy it just as much as the first time you saw it

Living single gets God tier for me simply for the fact you had crackas biting it and created Friends because living single was killing the time slot on the night it was on

Have you ever watched Friends?

I know the concept was stolen but until it came out that it was based of Living Single you can’t name one person who thought they were the same.

You don’t make it to God Tier because you inspired white people to squeeze more characters into their show.

Like I said ask niggas to name their favorite episodes, youll see the difference if you ask niggas to name their favorite Martin or Fresh Prince episodes.

Have you ever watched Friends?

I know the concept was stolen but until it came out that it was based of Living Single you can’t name one person who thought they were the same.

You don’t make it to God Tier because you inspired white people to squeeze more characters into their show.

Like I said ask niggas to name their favorite episodes, youll see the difference if you ask niggas to name their favorite Martin or Fresh Prince episodes.
i didnt say it was a carbon copy...but NBC turned down Living Single b/c they were just so sure there was no market for it

they went to FOX, blew up and NBC was like, we gotta get our version of this

period

i didnt say it was a carbon copy...but NBC turned down Living Single b/c they were just so sure there was no market for it

they went to FOX, blew up and NBC was like, we gotta get our version of this

period

Yea I get that, but pretending Living Single got that catalogue like Martin or Prince has means it’s time to get ya TVs out and go episode for episode.

Yea I get that, but pretending Living Single got that catalogue like Martin or Prince has means it’s time to get ya TVs out and go episode for episode.
i think they all have their lane...none of those shows were alike which is the epitome of being black to me

we arent all the same. We have various tastes and interests. There was a reason why ALL these shows did well when they were on. They all spoke to the various degrees of black folks

How in the fuck is Kenan and Kel "Top Tier" but What's Happening, Family Matters and the Wayans Bros "Low Tier" ?

I fucking hate Kenan and Kel that is probably because of my age when that show came out.

How in the fuck is Kenan and Kel "Top Tier" but What's Happening, Family Matters and the Wayans Bros "Low Tier" ?

I fucking hate Kenan and Kel that is probably because of my age when that show came out.
I was in that age demographic when it was airing and thought it was corny

Mr Rockmore the GOAT

019ca63c7ab450a582268133d8b3bf810f21da03.gifv

why is Family Matter so god tier? I really dont understand this other than its nostalgia in our hearts.

i forgot why they omitted sanford and son

This is easy.

1. Look at the longevity of it's success not only as a black sitcom but a sitcom in general

2. It was the main catapult to its "TGIF" comedy line up on ABC

3. The character "Urkel" was widely recognized no matter how you felt about the character.

4. It touched on a wide range of topics

And 5....most important...it showed a chill, successful black family on tv and it never used any over the top black family stereotypes to depict their family...

This is easy.

1. Look at the longevity of it's success not only as a black sitcom but a sitcom in general

2. It was the main catapult to its "TGIF" comedy line up on ABC

3. The character "Urkel" was widely recognized no matter how you felt about the character.

4. It touched on a wide range of topics

And 5....most important...it showed a chill, successful black family on tv and it never used any over the top black family stereotypes to depict their family...

Attach77633_20200321_105312.gif

Mid tier the most disrespectful tier of all. Somebody just threw in a bunch of shows they like personally

Back