Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

I agree we have tremendous untapped potential, but we're already disenfranchised af. There's really not much more that needs to be done. The sad fact of the matter is the majority of black people in this country are ignorant and easily manipulated. They have us right where they want us and they barely have to do anything to keep us where we are. Honestly there are times where I think we're our biggest enemy. Times like now, where we're convincing each other that we weren't capable of catching the virus. Or ignoring quarantine because they want to party and because fuck the police. Black people are dying in America from this shit because we're poor (we still have to go to work during the pandemic, increasing the likelihood of getting the virus), we have terrible diets/obesity/diabetes (increased likelihood to succumb to the virus), we mainly live in cities (increased likelihood of getting the virus), and a large chunk of us live in some form of project housing, communally (again increased likelihood of getting the virus). We're dying disproportionally simply because we're the most at risk.

That's why I asked Freeman what are we being hunted for? There's nothing to hunt, we kill ourselves just fine these days, even during a damn pandemic officials have to ask us nicely to stop shooting ourselves. This shit would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
everything you mentioned can be changed.
they have us where they want us because we stopped challenging them.
some of us are poor, yes. But lets not act like there are not people out here trying to raise people up out those situations. and guess what they are told? we fine where we are and whats wrong with where i live. almost taking the help as an insult. we have more than enough resources so that we dont have to rely on others....

but i am slowly being convinced people want to rely on others. the very others who dont like us yet those same people want to shit on our own who can shine a light on the path so people can get out.

if the media keep pushing a certain narrative and people who cant think or critically think keeps feeding into it...it will eventually bring us all down from within.

fucking white supremacy is on cruise control. fucking tesla AI type control. and any black person who challenges this is not only attacked by white people by their own. only certain people fit the bill as accepted until they do something the wave doesnt like then they was never shit to begin with,.

so i end this with...we are the most at risk because yes, they created a system to put us at risk but we also refuse to break the chains of that system or become isolated from the system. and poor is mostly a state of mind. you have more than enough way to not be poor if people just open their mouth for help or not tun away help. its quite a few threads on this site and the old one explaining how to do alot of shit. but guess what threads get poppin? cant talk about being poor now when its convenient but ignore all the help that was in front of us.

done got me started.
all i wanted to do today is have ginger tea and play supreme commander 2.

Another 6.6 million jobless claims filed last week amid coronavirus crisis
Courtenay Brown
Courtenay Brown

Featured image

Photo: Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images
Another 6.6 million Americans filed for unemployment last week, the Labor Department announced Thursday.
Why it matters: It adds to the staggering 10 million jobless claims in recent weeks — by far the sharpest spikes in American history — as the world economy has ground to a halt in an effort to contain the coronavirus outbreak.

this is almost some be careful what you wish for type shit in the most twisted way

we didn't want old people running this country or making decisions that don't impact that boom pandemic that wipes out old people smfh this aint it.

its like a bad joke that harshly reflects on American health standards and 10x on black American health standards.

this is crazy....not sure how i feel about this.

niggas just leaving people helpless.
why get into the business of helping people?
no one want to be a hero can you blame them. salute to the people that do the job.. in the best of cases these places are understaffed and mismanaged so how do you think that works out in a global pandemic they are raising peoples pay as if that is substitute for protection,/ protocol Many of these places are under reporting deaths as well.. Its a mess Nurses are scarce and arent showing up.. which leave it to the understaff ..

Bruh, I can become a multimillionaire. That won't stop a doctor from not taking my symptoms as serious because I'm black. That won't stop a doctor from ignoring my wife's pain cuz she's black.
you can tell peoples "dna" by how tehy post and how they frame and @DOS_patos i guess that some shit you can turn off but that shit is cringeworthy...

Bruh, I can become a multimillionaire. That won't stop a doctor from not taking my symptoms as serious because I'm black. That won't stop a doctor from ignoring my wife's pain cuz she's black.
i said we.......getting to a millionaire you should be also empowering others to grow also.
go to black doctors. we need to support and look out for each other.
can you trust a black doctor over a white doctor?

if we dont do that.....is it because of anyone else other than im just not fucking with black doctor?

black understand black but we also should be able to call each other out and handle hard truths in order to progress.

if a person is not for our cause then we should exclude them from our dealings.

we have waaay too many people who poison our movement...our own doing this.shit is crazy

Back