Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Yea.....Let's criticalcally think.

I been around......And guess what.
American black people are like no other.
We have so much power and we fear nothing.
Yet...We don't see our power and tend fear everything.

We don't bend to white supremacy like I seen others do.

I have always said...We are the head and black people around the world is the body.

We have the smarts and others have the strength.
Together we make a powerful body. But divided...We just targets
I agree we have tremendous untapped potential, but we're already disenfranchised af. There's really not much more that needs to be done. The sad fact of the matter is the majority of black people in this country are ignorant and easily manipulated. They have us right where they want us and they barely have to do anything to keep us where we are. Honestly there are times where I think we're our biggest enemy. Times like now, where we're convincing each other that we weren't capable of catching the virus. Or ignoring quarantine because they want to party and because fuck the police. Black people are dying in America from this shit because we're poor (we still have to go to work during the pandemic, increasing the likelihood of getting the virus), we have terrible diets/obesity/diabetes (increased likelihood to succumb to the virus), we mainly live in cities (increased likelihood of getting the virus), and a large chunk of us live in some form of project housing, communally (again increased likelihood of getting the virus). We're dying disproportionally simply because we're the most at risk.

That's why I asked Freeman what are we being hunted for? There's nothing to hunt, we kill ourselves just fine these days, even during a damn pandemic officials have to ask us nicely to stop shooting ourselves. This shit would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I agree we have tremendous untapped potential, but we're already disenfranchised af. There's really not much more that needs to be done. The sad fact of the matter is the majority of black people in this country are ignorant and easily manipulated. They have us right where they want us and they barely have to do anything to keep us where we are. Honestly there are times where I think we're our biggest enemy. Times like now, where we're convincing each other that we weren't capable of catching the virus. Or ignoring quarantine because they want to party and because fuck the police. Black people are dying in America from this shit because we're poor (we still have to go to work during the pandemic, increasing the likelihood of getting the virus), we have terrible diets/obesity/diabetes (increased likelihood to succumb to the virus), we mainly live in cities (increased likelihood of getting the virus), and a large chunk of us live in some form of project housing, communally (again increased likelihood of getting the virus). We're dying disproportionally simply because we're the most at risk.

That's why I asked Freeman what are we being hunted for? There's nothing to hunt, we kill ourselves just fine these days, even during a damn pandemic officials have to ask us nicely to stop shooting ourselves. This shit would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I'm not arguing with no agent. Off to ignore you go.

I'm not arguing with no agent. Off to ignore you go.

WealthyUnlawfulElkhound-size_restricted.gif

It's clear mfs like Tariq were wrong.....I'll say dangerously wrong to use their platforms to downplay the severity of this virus , claiming it wouldn't affect us,and it was not black people's concern. I'll say it was wrong to mock the devastating affects it was having on other communities / races, particularly the Chinese.No more reason other than I believe you just don't put that type petty vice within the universe...it comes back to you in one way or another

But here we are more case than anyone.....dying left & right, and instead calling clowns out for their misinformation, recklessness and ignorance, and holding them accountable all they have to do was utter the terms: "the white man, "white supremacy" 4-5 times...POW.. some of us fall immediately back under their spell and all is forgiven
Can you post something Tariq said about covid that was clearly false on the day he posted it???

No no. Prove to me why it's black people's fault they're dying in American hospital care. Show me where poverty and habits come into play there. Not in 3rd world countries but in murica.

You diamond and silk head ass niggas make that make sense then go ahead and jock my style with the oprah gif.

Always so quick to throw your own under the bus.

Last edited by a moderator:
and that's by my kids friends house I just stopped him from going outside to play with him like two weeks ago I wasn't sure how his folks where handling this situation so i wasn't comfortable with it, I got my confirmation about them not taking it seriously when he came to ask if my son could come outside and his face was full od dry ass boogers meaning his parents knew he was sick and let him out anyway smfh I really hope this aint what I think its about to be

da84916a-7999-11ea-9479-e3cad17ef2b4_image_hires_235247.jpg

Coronavirus: tens of thousands say goodbye to Wuhan as city ends 11 weeks of lockdown

An estimated 55,000 people left by rail alone on Wednesday, while 100 commercial flights took off for the first time since January 23

Wuhan residents are keen to get their lives back on track, but some are fearful of the ‘silent carriers’ who could start a second wave of infections

China / Society

Coronavirus: tens of thousands say goodbye to Wuhan as city ends 11 weeks of lockdown

An estimated 55,000 people left by rail alone on Wednesday, while 100 commercial flights took off for the first time since January 23Wuhan residents are keen to get their lives back on track, but some are fearful of the ‘silent carriers’ who could start a second wave of infections

Topic | Coronavirus outbreak

Catherine Wong and Echo Xie

Published: 10:09pm, 8 Apr, 2020

Towns and cities across China were preparing for the return of thousands of residents on Wednesday after people locked down for weeks in Wuhan, the city at the epicentre of the initial
coronavirus outbreak, were finally allowed to leave.

An estimated 55,000 people left the city by train alone on the first day the railways reopened, heading to all parts of the country, from Shanghai to Beijing, Shenzhen to Chengdu, according to the local railway authority. More than 100 commercial flights also took off from the city, the first departures since runways, like the roads and railways, were closed down on January 23.

0cb8de7a-799a-11ea-9479-e3cad17ef2b4_1320x770_235247.jpg

At a toll booth on Gongjialing Highway, Dong Lijun waited for a pickup truck he had ordered to take him back to Jiangxi province, where he runs a construction business.

The 43-year-old said he was delighted to be leaving the city and had been eagerly awaiting his departure since last month, when officials in Jiangxi told him he would be allowed back into the east China province as long as he observed the health checks on his return.

“I was really relieved when I heard that,” Dong said. “Finally I can leave.”

Rong Laiqi, a 60-year-old taxi driver in Wuhan, said he was still not sure how the relaxation of the travel restrictions would affect him. Despite barely making a living for the past 11 weeks, he said he had yet to hear from the company he worked for as to when he could get back on the road.

Despite the uncertainty, after two months of living in self-isolation, Rong said he was excited about the end of the lockdown. However, with all the
reports of people being infected but showing no symptoms, he said he and his family would still be cautious about when they went out.

Others took the opportunity on Wednesday to say thank you to the thousands of medical workers who have been on the front line of the battle against Covid-19 in Wuhan.

A large banner draped from a motorway bridge said: “You are the most adorable people in the new era. People in Wuhan will always remember you.”

Among the estimated 11,000 Beijing residents who were stranded in Wuhan, 866 were among the first to leave aboard a high-speed train, said Chen Pei, deputy secretary general of the capital’s municipal government

Authorities in Beijing said they would limit the number of returnees from Wuhan to about 1,000 per day, and that they would all be tested for the coronavirus on arrival.

Similar measures are also in place in the southern province of Guangdong, where only those who produce a negative test result will be allowed back in, local authorities said.

And even those who do pass the entry test are asked when not at work to remain in their homes as much as possible for a couple of weeks after their return.

No no. Prove to me why it's black people's fault they're dying in American hospital care. Show me where poverty and habits come into play there. Not in 3rd world countries but in murica.

You diamond and silk niggas make that make sense the go ahead and jock my style with the oprah gif.

Always so quick to throw your own under the bus.
Read my post, I explained it for you. You're expecting transmission rates for 3rd world countries to be the same for 1st world ones? How many people do you think travel internationally to NYC vs somewhere like Togo. Then consider how far and quickly we can travel here. There are even other 1st world countries that don't have a subway system as expansive as ours. It's a viral paradise in big cities like NYC. 3rd world countries don't have the infrastructure to spread shit so quickly. Once it takes hold, though, it's going to be a nightmare and it will. Their time is coming, unfortunately.

Brazil (largest black population outside of Africa) is next up in the worst way. You think Trump is bad? Bolsonaro is just like him, except worse in every way.

Also, jack your what?!! The audacity.

giphy.gif

Though the coronavirus has been called the "great equalizer", data suggests that vulnerability to the infection may vary by neighbourhood.
In Michigan, African Americans make up 14% of the population, but they account for 33% of the coronavirus cases and 41% of deaths, figures from the state health department showed on Monday.

White residents account for about 23% of recorded cases in Michigan and 28% of deaths, according to the data.
Detroit, Michigan, is about 80% black, and the city together with its surrounding suburbs accounts for around 80% of confirmed coronavirus cases.
A similar disparity has emerged in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, one of the most segregated cities in the US.
African Americans made up almost half of Milwaukee County's nearly 1,000 cases as of last Friday and 81% of its 27 deaths, despite black people accounting for 26% of the population there, according to a study by ProPublica.

In hard-hit Louisiana, more than 70% of the people who have died of Covid-19 are black, despite African Americans making up 32% of the Gulf state's population.
Some 40% of Louisiana's coronavirus deaths have occurred in the New Orleans area, where the majority of residents are black.
Health officials have previously said the Big Easy's residents suffer from rates of obesity, diabetes and hypertension that are higher than the national average, making them more vulnerable to Covid-19.

Read my post, I explained it for you. You're expecting transmission rates for 3rd world countries to be the same for 1st world ones? How many people do you think travel internationally to NYC vs somewhere like Togo. Then consider how far and quickly we can travel here. There are even other 1st world countries that don't have a subway system as expansive as ours. It's a viral paradise in big cities like NYC. 3rd world countries don't have the infrastructure to spread shit so quickly. Once it takes hold, though, it's going to be a nightmare and it will. Their time is coming, unfortunately.

Brazil (largest black population outside of Africa) is next up in the worst way. You think Trump is bad? Bolsonaro is just like him, except worse in every way.

Also, jack your what?!! The audacity.

giphy.gif

No one is talking about transmission rates its mortality rates. But go ahead thinking you can titan graph niggas to death.

Again... Prove to me why it's black people's fault they're dying in American hospital care. Show me where poverty and habits come into play there. Not in 3rd world countries but in murica.

You diamond and silk head ass niggas make that make sense.

Back