Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Fam, there's far more lethal shit she could get exposed to in her day-to-day. Yes, she DID sign up for that. You know what the risks are when you go into medicine. That's one of the reasons I got the fuck out of U of M Hospital's Dermatology clinic. When I saw that kid come through there with crocodile skin and the shit was oozing fluid and stankin' to the point where I was dry heaving, and the way they were hazmat cleaning the exam room after he was gone told me I was potentially putting myself in harms way. I ain't sign up for that bullshit, I was just a fuckin clerk, and a temp at that.

Nah b, she signed up for that shit.
So if you were in her exact position (history of cancer, 5 kids, spouse away) you wouldn't have quit and potentially exposed yourself to covid?

Nah some advice is just plain dumb. And I'm not saying people are being forced into anything and I'm all for giving a person multiple options so they can make the best decision. The problem is, and I've mentioned this before when the topic of investing or running a business is brought up, is people aren't being given ALL the information. They just run with "invest" "flip something" "make your money make money" and a bunch of other catch phrases they hear but don't actually understand. Running a business is not easy which is why most fail but you don't hear that from a good number of people who will tell you "Be your own boss". They leave out all the shit that actually has to be done to make a business run. The shit has become a status symbol to say you have a side business instead of actual methods used to make extra money.
ok.....damn it been a while that we went back and forth....old IC are here again.

I preach business all the time. i also speak on how tough it can be. in the process..i also try to inform people that one persons failure is not theirs.
but guess what people focus on? that fact it cant and wont work and how if someone doesnt give a blueprint it wont work or the person doesnt know what they are talking about without providing a blueprint or if things dont go well.

victim shit should not be aloud.

most business fail from poor planning, focusing on overnight success, laziness, accounting and not being serious.

i also hate that everyone is an entrepreneur. i hate that shit with a passion. like everyone is a motivational speaker and mentor.

yet you never see them putting in work.

anyway......saying invest of flip or whatever......i dont see a problem.
if someone wants more info....we are all adult and need to be humble enough to ask.

i know @Inori and @ChicagoFigure are both asking questions on the what hows. and Sion is helping them get started or pointing them in the right direction or just giving info. we about to put a thread with info and a virtual game to teach people how to invest and use it in the game with virtual money that can carry over into real life.
but it starts with someone stepping forward and not being afraid to ask questions.

and i'll stop with saying that now is the perfect time to learn. because the sun will shine again and its better to be prepared for the next time. and you wont have to worry about if you gonna get a stimulus check. but if you do.....its nothing to you because you set up nicely.
God forbid this happens again.

and i have a thread idea.

So if you were in her exact position (history of cancer, 5 kids, spouse away) you wouldn't have quit and potentially exposed yourself to covid?

You don't get it... Dr's and nurses are exposed to more dangerous shit than Covid-19 on a day-to-day basis. Why is this the one she's crying over???

You sign up for shit like this knowing the risks. It's like enlisting in the Army and getting mad 'cause you got shot at in Afghanistan.

Might just be me but didn't the nurse said she herself has medical issues that the virus specifically attacks that the supervisor knew about and still tried to assign her to that area anyways
Yes exactly but.. "she knew what she signed up for. Her job and her oath come first"

:imsayin:

Yes exactly but.. "she knew what she signed up for. Her job and her oath come first"

:imsayin:
Ok

So knowing this

Why are niggas still trying to jump on her case

So because I have diabetes, I shouldn't go into the medical field because of a virus I had no idea was going to come x amount of years into my profession that could potentially kill me because I'm at a higher risk

ok.....damn it been a while that we went back and forth....old IC are here again.

I preach business all the time. i also speak on how tough it can be. in the process..i also try to inform people that one persons failure is not theirs.
but guess what people focus on? that fact it cant and wont work and how if someone doesnt give a blueprint it wont work or the person doesnt know what they are talking about without providing a blueprint or if things dont go well.

victim shit should not be aloud.

most business fail from poor planning, focusing on overnight success, laziness, accounting and not being serious.

i also hate that everyone is an entrepreneur. i hate that shit with a passion. like everyone is a motivational speaker and mentor.

yet you never see them putting in work.

anyway......saying invest of flip or whatever......i dont see a problem.
if someone wants more info....we are all adult and need to be humble enough to ask.

i know @Inori and @ChicagoFigure are both asking questions on the what hows. and Sion is helping them get started or pointing them in the right direction or just giving info. we about to put a thread with info and a virtual game to teach people how to invest and use it in the game with virtual money that can carry over into real life.
but it starts with someone stepping forward and not being afraid to ask questions.

and i'll stop with saying that now is the perfect time to learn. because the sun will shine again and its better to be prepared for the next time. and you wont have to worry about if you gonna get a stimulus check. but if you do.....its nothing to you because you set up nicely.
God forbid this happens again.

and i have a thread idea.

I don't have a problem with folks like you and Sion who actually follow up with advice, Sion has also helped me out in the past too with some moves, or just the realities of what running your own entails. But you hit the nail on the head...now everyone wants to be an entrepreneur. Just like I said the shit is a status symbol and people usually have no idea what it will take. How many more lash technicians do women need? This situation has exposed the "flip a house" shit too because now you got a bunch of "landlords" with no idea of how they'll upkeep their property because their tenants are now in a place of financial strife as well. But just a month ago it was "Flip a house it's easy to go buy some property and fix it up". I'm not even against giving folks gems on what to do once the world gets turned back around, but to be telling folks who are already living check to check and will now be missing several checks, the "invest now" shit will ring hollow as fuck

Ok

So knowing this

Why are niggas still trying to jump on her case

So because I have diabetes, I shouldn't go into the medical field because of a virus I had no idea was going to come x amount of years into my profession that could potentially kill me because I'm at a higher risk

if you're scared of what's to come, then no you shouldn't go into medicine. It's really that simple.

She knows the risk of being a nurse. Shit, she could unknowingly bring home any strain of hepatitis to her husband, TB to the whole family, and all manner of bullshit.

Again why is this the one she's mad about???

if you're scared of what's to come, then no you shouldn't go into medicine. It's really that simple.

She knows the risk of being a nurse. Shit, she could unknowingly bring home any strain of hepatitis to her husband, TB to the whole family, and all manner of bullshit.

Again why is this the one she's mad about???

We all know

ATTENTION

Back